2019 Draft

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been reading no one was looking to move up to 3. Most GM's felt after the 1st 2 picks, there wasn't much separation in talent from picks 3-10
it looks like the Hawks would have been giddy all the way to 15, with Montreal selecting Caufield on a steal.

Personally I think 3,4,5 were there own tier above the rest except maybe Podz at ten, but the two year delay...

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Ugh fb wont let me post the video

It was from Chicago blackhawks page of vp of scouting talking about our draft picks

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So. Basically stan went BMA. Biggest Man Available.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So. Basically stan went BMA. Biggest Man Available.

I mean, unless Jack Hughes gains 30 lbs and can magically hold up to male athlete brutality its my opinion that I am an idiot for going off uninformed, first of all, and second they have reason to believe they selected the most valuable player from this draft. This kid has some wisdom and ethic...I think being around Kane will rub off on him as much as his idol Toews.

It takes some balls and conviction to bypass Byrum, imo, and so Dach is at least THAT kind of potential player they feel justified walking over a 1st pair.

I'm a fan already. He also has "the look", of just a hockey player and a genetic freak one. He will one day be the face of the franchise, and the team mouthpiece, captain. He's a captain and a primitive king. This dude is gonna lay some fools flat one day and it will take an absolute monster to challenge him once he puts on that 40 lbs it looks like his frame can hold and you won't even see it.

Wish I could train him. Him and I think I could fix Kyle Long, partly because I am a lanky 6'5.75...and discovered some things to train length. Rock climbing would give kyle long unnatural forearms, or rather natural, as climbing is fundamental to monkeys, and apes evolutionary development over the years.

Those muscles respond to nothing else as well or as quickly as rock climbing. It would heal his wrist fully, and maybe shoulder.

If the bears and hawks would rock climb and do hill sprints like walter payton and agassi and unlv undefeated team they would gain a body advantage.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Apparently Dach is all aboot hockey. The only social media the kid has is for his charity. Maybe he will be the next Capt Serious

Bears27

Liked Posts:
dach-highlight-reel-goal-.gif

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't say I'm happy. Dach may have a high ceiling but his floor is lower than Turcotte's or Byram's, and Stan just gifted Byram to a division rival in leiu of someone who, to my knowledge, was not the BPA.

Plus, the 'hawks are also dealing with the fact that any physicality is sucked out of the team soon after it rears it's head. So unless that is fixed, how much use will Dach's size be over, say, Turcottes?

That being said welcome to the club, kid, I wish you luck and I hope you come in, make a good impact, and have a long and fulfilling career.

Now, can McDonut please promote Stan to head janitor in charge of cleaning up the toilets after Taco Tuesdays?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
James Cybulski Verified account @JamesCybulski

5h5 hours ago

Heard over the weekend that #Canucks & #Blackhawks had discussed swapping the 3rd and 10th overall picks so Vancouver could jump up to get Bowen Byram, but Chicago wanted Van to take D Brent Seabrook and the remaining 5 years/$6.875M AAV on his contract. Thus the deal died.

44 replies 92 retweets 268 likes

https://twitter.com/JamesCybulski

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
James Cybulski Verified account @JamesCybulski

5h5 hours ago

Heard over the weekend that #Canucks & #Blackhawks had discussed swapping the 3rd and 10th overall picks so Vancouver could jump up to get Bowen Byram, but Chicago wanted Van to take D Brent Seabrook and the remaining 5 years/$6.875M AAV on his contract. Thus the deal died.

44 replies 92 retweets 268 likes

https://twitter.com/JamesCybulski
I've heard this, but I have to wonder how much of the truth there is one this. I'll hold off judgement until we get confirmation that Seabs waived his NMC--otherwise there's no way the deal could even have been done.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I've heard this, but I have to wonder how much of the truth there is one this. I'll hold off judgement until we get confirmation that Seabs waived his NMC--otherwise there's no way the deal could even have been done.
Plus you have to believe there would be other peices in the deal. No way that is agreed to straight up, especially by the host team. Fans would have tore the building down.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plus you have to believe there would be other peices in the deal. No way that is agreed to straight up, especially by the host team. Fans would have tore the building down.

What about that statue though?
e88JjV.gif

For those that aren't aware of this, Vancouver built an honorary statue for whining aboot the officiating

180px-Roger_neilson_statue.jpg

Vancouver won the first game of the series in Chicago 2–1 in double overtime, but fell behind in game two 3–1.[4] During the game the Canucks felt that referee Bob Myers was making questionable calls against them.[5] A series of events in the third period ignited tempers. First, Vancouver had a goal disallowed. Soon after, there was a perceived non-call against Chicago, followed by a fourth consecutive penalty called against the Canucks.[1][4] Denis Savard scored on the power play to put the Black Hawks up 4–1.[6] This enraged the Canucks' bench.[4] Assistant coach Ron Smith yelled out "We give up, we surrender, we give up."[6] Williams suggested to Neilson that he throw sticks onto the ice in protest. Neilson noted that he had done that before, and he had a better idea. He proceeded to take a white towel and place it on the end of a hockey stick holding it up in a mock surrender; some of the Canucks' players followed suit.[5][7]Neilson was ejected from the game along with two players.[6] Vancouver goaltender, Richard Brodeur later noted that although they lost the game the atmosphere in the dressing room was so positive it was as if they had won.[5]

Wiki

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Apparently Dach is all aboot hockey. The only social media the kid has is for his charity. Maybe he will be the next Capt Serious

While being interviewed during the Cubs game, he did say he grew up watching Kane and Toews. Man I feel old.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews is his favorite player...he said he "watched alot" of Toews