2019 GAME 1: IGT. From Prague, Highers vs Hossa's Ghost

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
(Rap voice)
How high can we Fly...errrr I'm already their...
yerrrr...not on our level...errr
[rape music pauses]

giphy.gif

GAME 1 lineup

Nylander-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Shaw
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Smith-Carpenter-Caggiula

Keith-Gustafsson
Maatta-Seabrook
Koekkoek-Gilbert

Crawford

This is the Halloween showing of Kevin Hayes: Part III. The Prague Prince.

giphy.gif

I can't wait to see what Kubalik is. I will keep an open mind on the human sloth for a few games.

I think Nylander might be on narcolepsy medication. What do you think?

giphy.gif

nylander_thumb.jpg

[rap music continues]

"my girls like a gaaaaasss stayyyytion!!
Automatic...pump!....lock!!!! FILL HER UP SHE'LL GO THAT EXTRA MILE!!"

yarrrr [music and voice fade into background]

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A ghost haunts.
A spirit visits.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Is that a real verified lineup, or your projection?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Nylander!!!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fucking Ghost Bear!!!!!!!!!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow. This is a slow hockey team. Philly blows by them on a regular basis. Sure, it's just the first game but their 6 defensemen will be a problem whether it's 1st or 50th game.. Keith and Koekkoek are probably the worst two players on the ice....

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Trying to watch this game at work is impossible, every time i take my headphones out someone scores.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I just want to reiterate how horrible this decision to play this game was.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Caught a little of it. PK still stinks.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I guess the top line really should be Cat, Toews and Kane if they are loading up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am both drunk and stoned so I don't know what the fuck but...

Sloth man strikes!!

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looks like are 7th and 8th D-man were on the ice for 3 of the 4 goals. It was hard to watch at work. I had kids in ISS getting spazzy; wanted to cross check them into the wall.

We did look a step behind though

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think maybe the worst thing is we have to wait longer for them to get back to the states and play more hockey now that the season has started

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think maybe the worst thing is we have to wait longer for them to get back to the states and play more hockey now that the season has started

I bet it will be a loooong flight home.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It just sucks to lose a game after their farse of a competition cost us a player and the guy they surprise keep turns the puck over in our own zone, then ride home not talking about it and coaches trying to figure out how they lost a second round pick to look at a good story, that turned sour so fast.

No you bring De Haan and Murphy in and try to quietly take out the trash and pretend like you aren't ass holes of talent stewardship. Somebody thought to much about the problem and created another.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It just sucks to lose a game after their farse of a competition cost us a player and the guy they surprise keep turns the puck over in our own zone, then ride home not talking about it and coaches trying to figure out how they lost a second round pick to look at a good story, that turned sour so fast.

No you bring De Haan and Murphy in and try to quietly take out the trash and pretend like you aren't ass holes of talent stewardship. Somebody thought to much about the problem and created another.
Hopefully it means that you get to work with Bovquist and get him ready quick. Gus looks shaky playing off hand, Seabrook and Maata are a turtle pair. Dont know how much better DeHaan and Murphy will be. I guess both Maata and DeHaan were going to be too rich for their teams.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully it means that you get to work with Bovquist and get him ready quick. Gus looks shaky playing off hand, Seabrook and Maata are a turtle pair. Dont know how much better DeHaan and Murphy will be. I guess both Maata and DeHaan were going to be too rich for their teams.

I like both Maata and DeHaan, but I think you play Seabrook with Murphy and Maata with DeHaan to spread out the speed. Let Gus and Keith work out their issues, and eventually trade Gus and replace with Boqvist.

I said a claim on Dahlstrom would save them from themselves and thats probably true. Its good for all parties. It clears the path for Bovqist to only have to be better than Gus and KK, rather than be a better fit for Murphy than Dalhstrom, which he isn't.

It will save them time in the end.

Their next move has to be to trade Gus or Murphy or Seabrook if they could.

I think they will keep shuffling the D until it works, and they have plenty of answers the next 18 months without Dahlstrom.

Holm goes to the top of the list of next ups, and Bovqist just needs to iron out some defensive responsibility, but is without a doubt an NHL player and a good one.

Gilbert will go down, and if KK can't fix it Holm will be next up, or if injury. IMO.

The speed problem only lasts at most as long as Dehaan and Murphy's injuries. We will look better and Nylander finding some momentum would be nice.

I don't like Shaw with Cat, but Perlini will/should get next look there. Jewels/Smith/Shaw is another look to give and rotate the tough guys to keep them fresh.