2019 Game 2 IGT: Sharks at Hawks (Back from Prague edition)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Discuss.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marleau is back for the Sharts. Hopefully they don't get too big a boost from that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marleau is back for the Sharts. Hopefully they don't get too big a boost from that.

I like our line-up. The Flyers came home and trounced New Jersey 4-1.
I think Murphy makes a big difference but I am waiting for Crow and Lehnar to round into form before I become confident about anything. Probably this game goes over 6 though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morning skate. Colloton shows some stones and isn't too quick to tweak a plan, I hope Shaw can step up and claim that RW spot, it would be nice if he could.

Nylander-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Shaw
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Smith-Carpenter-Caggiula

Keith-Gustafsson
Maatta-Seabrook
Koekkoek-Murphy

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No Perlini again? Not that I miss him, but why bother to re-sign him?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I really do not know either, do not know where Dach is going to fit in either.

Still would like to see Kubalik getting top or second line wing, whichever one Kane does not get.

Shaw does alot of the dirty work out there, which is why he would work well with Toews, I guess we see how long Nylander gets that top line and who gets the scratch if Dach plays this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Somebody else needs to be sent walking...for Dach to remain

maybe they are deciding still between Nylander and Kubalik.

Kampf or Carp could easily sit down for a few games, but I guess its Nylander or Kubalik going down for 8 games because Perlini isn't playing. You'd think the guy they play tonight goes down.

They are doing a fantastic job of motivating Kubalik/Nylander/Saad/Seabrook...keep it up. Perlini and Dach should be absolutely chomping at the bit for action by the time they get released onto the ice.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just realized that spot is being cleared up by De Haan right now.

no movement necessary until De Haan

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Saad Dach Carp are a beast line in NHL20 for me. I like the combos for tonight. Let's get a W boys

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saad Dach Carp are a beast line in NHL20 for me. I like the combos for tonight. Let's get a W boys
Saad-Dach-Shaw or Saad-Dach-Smith/Carp has serious potential with Dach at center.

If you want him to get dirty and go to net and play that type of game then might try him at wing with Cat-Strome until he can win a face-off. If Dach in theory could be a bigger badder version of Perlini over there with power puck entry and create some chaos on the boards, net front...

as I write this it occurs to me we don't want him and he can't be that type of player at 18. I think they are giving him the most experience they can and build him up, send him with lots to work on and grow into his body another year.

That means the number of games he plays in his 9 will tell us how they truly feel about his readiness. Maybe he only gets 4 games, they move him around, giving him a look on 1, 2, 3, and 4. A hockey internship. Send him back...his body looks pre-testosterone soft to me. He is just growing in now.

In two years Dach will kill Jack Hughes and take him 20 feet down the ice out of his ferry figure skating ass!!

Turcotte, Byram, or a trade down to 10 and take Podz are still very much in the running for best possible move. But I think they got a good player to give them strength down the middle for another 5 years if we lock up Strome.

It sucks the Kings got Turcotte and AVs got Byram. At some point those two will sting us. Byram will be a monster at elevation.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kubalik with his 1st goal

Did you see the goal scorer instincts? He slid over and set up shop clairvoyantly. He's made well to move off puck of Kane, but with the language barrier and roster jam being with his mate Kampf explaining proceedings is best for now.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damn. Saad.. So close!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even better, the line deserved one and had one coming. Good to see Line2 get going on offense and create chances. I hated the introductions because some players got cheers and some did not, but tonight is a good night for Shaw to show all the newcomers watching why he got the most cheers along with 19/88.

(oh god...Kubalik is a game changer...thats 5 bonified top 6 forwards plus Saad/Smith, and Shaw/Jewels...just great veteran depth on this team.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PK is just TRASH.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kane is pissed, he doesn't usually get hit that hard and he will either sit out the rest of the game in concussion protocol or put one on the board for him, he is pissed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its unbelievably bad, the PK, (only self realization can help them at this point, they have to except limitations of certain veterans) but I think Kane will get that one back later.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Impressed with Kubalik, and that line in general