2019 Game 2 IGT: Sharks at Hawks (Back from Prague edition)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Strome was so close.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shawzie again!!!!!!! o mer god!!!

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
SHAWZEY

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good things happen with an aggressive forecheck

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A perfect night for Kane or Toews or Cat or Strome to show up and win a game with a big goal.

Right now my first star is Shaw. Second star Crow. Third star Kubalik. But we have a half match of hockey left!! Lets gooo!!!! Next goal is a big goal!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
and we score it on ourselves. cool.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was a goal for the season highlight reels.

Give and go and get...

Strome has taken another jump, and with Cat, Gus, Keith, Seabs, 19/88, Saad and Kubalik they have a harlem globe trotter power play if we can get on it. They have shown some flash play ability we haven't seen in a bit like on that goal, where I feel like I am watching something phenomenal like back in 13...

there skill numbers are up enough to show boat a little bit and be unpredictable, take chances and be unselfish. What I am trying to say is I have seen more combonation passes strung up the court again and its a relief to see because they need the accurate passing to scare teams off the penalties and force them to retreat.

The best team over the last decade tends to have that look, though the Blues were an exception and different, the Bruins are that type of team that can string passes. When Pitt was winning, Washington does, us, all the way back to 2006 you see that type of Corsi when style passing accumulated happens on the best teams.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't care how bad certain plays have looked, this is a fun game.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Now if only funny bounces would stop going in for the Sharks.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bad.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bad.....

You mean the fact that they are incredibly slow, are clueless on defensive coverage, are playing a handful of people who are not of NHL quality, struggle to make some very basic passes to transfer from defense to offense, have possibly the league's worst Special Teams and are still using the excuse that it's a "new" system.

Yeah, you would be correct.....Bad

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Gonna be a looooong season with this trash D.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I don't care how bad certain plays have looked, this is a fun game.

Yes, it was an awesome game, JC took the fire off the ice when he broke up that third line. Kubalik was unstoppable in the first. Now I see why some third lines are really good scoring lines, when the best defenders are on the ice playing keep away from Kane and Toews.

Nylander is going to be close to a healthy scratch, seems like Kane really wants to play with Cat and Strome, where Shaw and Kubalik might be better matches for Toews, although we might see Saad first. Kubalik just finds open ice and is not afraid to let the puck go often. You get a shaw or caggula digging out pucks in the corners for him and he might get to 30. Might be 30 goals this year or 30 shots per game.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure why the broke up Saad-Kampf-Kubalik (SKK).
They were on fire in the first period.
Without Kubalik, SKK seemed neutered and Toews/Kane line didn't benefit with Kubalik.
Instead of two lines clicking, Cat-Strome-Shaw and SKK, we ended up with one.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Not sure why the broke up Saad-Kampf-Kubalik (SKK).
They were on fire in the first period.
Without Kubalik, SKK seemed neutered and Toews/Kane line didn't benefit with Kubalik.
Instead of two lines clicking, Cat-Strome-Shaw and SKK, we ended up with one.
I think we ended up with something whenever Shaw was on the ice. Kane second.

Just these lame Alternates by seniority blows to begin with, then the no way can we take Toews off of being called the top line center.

Everyone knows the top producing line is Cat, Strome, Kane. To me I would call Saad/Shaw, Toews, Kubalik as your next best chance if you are going to really call it. Eventually it will probably be Saad, Toews, Shaw.
As far as the fourth line, really dont know. They were right on the ice as soon as a goal was scored, dont really know why. The swapped lines after the first period had a total of 6 shots on goal, while giving up 21. It was just plain bad.

We are just still stuck in the past, and until that changes, we are going to see the same hockey.

...........oh, and just in case anyone was wondering, Byram was sent back to his junior team way back when Colorado trimmed their roster to 29, so I guess there was not much there to really help us, just wonder where Dach is going to fit here. Sounds like the only spot without an injury is Carp or Smith as a healthy scratch, or Nylander to Rockford.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we ended up with something whenever Shaw was on the ice. Kane second.

Just these lame Alternates by seniority blows to begin with, then the no way can we take Toews off of being called the top line center.

Everyone knows the top producing line is Cat, Strome, Kane. To me I would call Saad/Shaw, Toews, Kubalik as your next best chance if you are going to really call it. Eventually it will probably be Saad, Toews, Shaw.
As far as the fourth line, really dont know. They were right on the ice as soon as a goal was scored, dont really know why. The swapped lines after the first period had a total of 6 shots on goal, while giving up 21. It was just plain bad.

We are just still stuck in the past, and until that changes, we are going to see the same hockey.

...........oh, and just in case anyone was wondering, Byram was sent back to his junior team way back when Colorado trimmed their roster to 29, so I guess there was not much there to really help us, just wonder where Dach is going to fit here. Sounds like the only spot without an injury is Carp or Smith as a healthy scratch, or Nylander to Rockford.

Its just that the Avs have 2-3 very young very talented D-men...and are thinking playoffs not development.

Only 4 teams decided to keep their draft pick around this year, and Jack Hughes and Dach and the two mid-round defenseman could still be sent down.

Kakko was the only one it turns out I would call "ready", and Dach is yet to be determined.

All this to say Turcotte probably should have been forgiven a year in Wisconsin unless Dach can impact the team this year, it does move the needle a bit.