2019 IGT Game 4: Oilers @ Blackhawks (We got a point edition!)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Edmonton Oilers 5-0 (10 points) at Chicago Blackhawks 0-2-1 (1 point)
Date: 10/14
Time: 7:30 p.m. CDT

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
McDavid might have a 6 point night lol

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Cat-Strome-Kane
2. Saad-Toews-Kubalik
3. Perlini-Kampf-Shaw
4. Jewels-Carp-Smith

Keith(PP1)-De Haan(PK1, PP2)
Maata(PK1)-Murphy(PK2)
Seabs(PK2, PP2)-Bovqist (PP1)

BOX- Koekkoek, Nylander

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
1. Cat-Strome-Kane
2. Saad-Toews-Kubalik
3. Perlini-Kampf-Shaw
4. Jewels-Carp-Smith

Maata(PK1)-Murphy(PK2)

BOX- Koekkoek, Nylander
Is that your lineup you hope to see? Hopefully Toews can be reminded the season started.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that your lineup you hope to see? Hopefully Toews can be reminded the season started.
I hope to see as much of that as possible, and hopeful to see by Valentines day.

I think Dach-Kampf-Shaw would be entertainment and the combination fascinates me.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McDavid might have a 6 point night lol
I dread this game.

We are so slow. Crosby also looks fantastic this year. The Flyers beat us at faceoffs. The Blues will beat us up.

Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Cat-Strome-Kane
2. Saad-Toews-Kubalik
3. Perlini-Kampf-Shaw
4. Jewels-Carp-Smith

Maata(PK1)-Murphy(PK2)

BOX- Koekkoek, Nylander

No Gus?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he lost something. Something physically. He isn't playing aggressive, or the new system is wrong for him? IDK? He seems methodical and skiddish.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Kane was in some kind of funk last game as well. I was not able to watch much, just heard the hawks had 14 legit hits in the first period last game (when it was 2-0) so I wondered if he was getting hit more often.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Kane was in some kind of funk last game as well. I was not able to watch much, just heard the hawks had 14 legit hits in the first period last game (when it was 2-0) so I wondered if he was getting hit more often.
Something doesn’t seem right, is there a divide in the locker room, are the players in a disagreement with JC’s system. The hawks played outstanding in the first versus the Jets then everything fell apart, if another loss occurs tonight versus the Oilers the rumblings are going to start.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Same here. I just caught the very end and 2 things stuck out.

If Gus wants a payday he has to learn D. Not just learn to play it, Learn what defense actually is and why it's important because the concept seems as foreign to him as soap is to a hippie.

While I'm all for keeping Lehner between the pipes at this point since the numbers don't lie, Lehner's glove looked just as full of lead as Crawford's did in the previous games for that OTG.

Hoping for a better outcome. Losing sucks the sweat off the balls of a brass monkey.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are talking about Lehnar winning this competition in Game 4?

Crow isn't right yet, he hasn't even warmed up. Both these guys are finding their games still and I think they both understand that. Right now a 50/50 alternating rotation seems to be the way to go until one emerges for several games. After Crow's finish to last season I couldn't move on after 3 games, one in Prague.

Lets at least see Lehnar with this defense against a Edmonton. But lets say he shut out Edmonton...it still behooves the Hawks to get Crow going.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Crow isn't right yet, he hasn't even warmed up. Both these guys are finding their games still and I think they both understand that. Right now a 50/50 alternating rotation seems to be the way to go until one emerges for several games. After Crow's finish to last season I couldn't move on after 3 games, one in Prague.

Lets at least see Lehnar with this defense against a Edmonton. But lets say he shut out Edmonton...it still behooves the Hawks to get Crow going.
CC will be the number one for now, but if the team continues to lose, I am certain he will be dealt at the trade deadline for picks. I think his time in Chicago is coming to an end.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Well, IMHO Lehner's numbers looked decent enough to give him another look, even if the 'hawks are going with Crawford vs. Edmonton. I think either would look good enough behind a defense, and no, that's not a typo.

If Crawford is still shaking some cobwebs out there's no shame in giving Lehner a few games in a row in net. After all, there's a decent chance Lehner sings on after this year and we have to see if he can play behind Statler, Waldorf, a Runblad clone, 3 Miss Congenialities in the backend, and a FWD group that thinks defense is something that you put up to keep people out of your yard.

Doogiew

Liked Posts:
I still have to believe the biggest issue is the coach and his systems. They never played his systems last season because it wasn't working for them and they just went to an offensive style of play. Obviously they aren't working now. This is the NHL not the AHL or a Swedish league. The caliber of play requires a very high level of coaching. Not necessarily a bad coach maybe needs more time in the minors.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I still have to believe the biggest issue is the coach and his systems. They never played his systems last season because it wasn't working for them and they just went to an offensive style of play. Obviously they aren't working now. This is the NHL not the AHL or a Swedish league. The caliber of play requires a very high level of coaching. Not necessarily a bad coach maybe needs more time in the minors.
I agree Doogie, the system is not working and it shows. The players look confused at times out there, I am certainly not sure the core is buying into it. Tazer and Kane are perfect examples, they just don’t seem like they giving a shit out there.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it just me, or does Lehner always seems aggravated in his interviews. Can't really blame him I guess after the Copp goal.