2019 IGT Game 4: Oilers @ Blackhawks (We got a point edition!)

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Is it just me, or does Lehner always seems aggravated in his interviews. Can't really blame him I guess after the Copp goal.
Maybe he is unhappy playing second fiddle to CC.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
DeBrincat-Toews-Caggiula
Shaw-Strome-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Smith-Carpenter-Nylander

Keith - Murphy
Maatta - Seabrook
de Haan - Gustafsson

Wish those twitter links would show up as the text without clicking.

Tincup61

Liked Posts:
DeBrincat-Toews-Caggiula
Shaw-Strome-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Smith-Carpenter-Nylander

Keith - Murphy
Maatta - Seabrook
de Haan - Gustafsson

How Nylander fits on the 4th is mystifying. And who gets the job of shutting down McDavid or for that matter, Draisaitl? Those two still drive the entire team. Does Colliton play the matchups with last change? Staying out of the box is crucial, Neal is having a Cy Young season, 7-0 with 5 of those on the PP.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, IMHO Lehner's numbers looked decent enough to give him another look, even if the 'hawks are going with Crawford vs. Edmonton. I think either would look good enough behind a defense, and no, that's not a typo.

If Crawford is still shaking some cobwebs out there's no shame in giving Lehner a few games in a row in net. After all, there's a decent chance Lehner sings on after this year and we have to see if he can play behind Statler, Waldorf, a Runblad clone, 3 Miss Congenialities in the backend, and a FWD group that thinks defense is something that you put up to keep people out of your yard.

Crow himself has stated he wants to play more not less. He feels it keeps him sharp. They aren't going to start skipping him but at this point I'm with you that Lehner should get his share.

I think Crow/Lehner is their plan for the year, unless Delia were to look really good I don't see them trading one. They will worry about next year next year in net. If they trade one I see a position of strength looking like a position of weakness do to each of their health and stability. Together I like it and they should stay fresher. If one emerges and takes the reigns than ok...maybe a trade happens with the guy struggling but what value is that going to bring?

We have to play them both to get them both going. Should be straight alternate 50/50 as far as I'm concerned, but giving Crow Prague and the first home start was the right way to treat it given seniority. Those starts were honors, and around here he deserves the honor. Now that the season is underway I don't expect them to prefer one until play on the ice decides over a fair amount of time.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DeBrincat-Toews-Caggiula
Shaw-Strome-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Smith-Carpenter-Nylander

Keith - Murphy
Maatta - Seabrook
de Haan - Gustafsson

This loss is on Colloton, just like the last two.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jack Hughes is a -3 so far in NHL.
Kirby Dach a -1 in AHL.
Kappo Kakko only rookie being recognized as an impact forward in year 1.
Dach is the only real hope for a second.

They are going to get 165 lb Jack killed. Dude needs to go experience puberty somewhere and come back.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
This may be Nylander last chance

He hasn't done or shown anything to warrant much more rope.

Although I think Joker has a pretty low ceiling, I will never understand WTF Stan was thinking in trading for Alexander "Rick Mirer" Nylander. Hot garbage.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Crow himself has stated he wants to play more not less. He feels it keeps him sharp. They aren't going to start skipping him but at this point I'm with you that Lehner should get his share.

I think Crow/Lehner is their plan for the year, unless Delia were to look really good I don't see them trading one. They will worry about next year next year in net. If they trade one I see a position of strength looking like a position of weakness do to each of their health and stability. Together I like it and they should stay fresher. If one emerges and takes the reigns than ok...maybe a trade happens with the guy struggling but what value is that going to bring?

We have to play them both to get them both going. Should be straight alternate 50/50 as far as I'm concerned, but giving Crow Prague and the first home start was the right way to treat it given seniority. Those starts were honors, and around here he deserves the honor. Now that the season is underway I don't expect them to prefer one until play on the ice decides over a fair amount of time.
Giving either their fare share doesn't necessarily mean 1 game, swap. 1 game, swap. It could even be 5 games, swap for 5. We're way to early to declare a champion, yet.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Crow wants to play more, but you dont pay 5 million for a backup and not use him. Its when crow has a couple days off after a back to back and gets back to back starts is when we are gonna have a problem with 40.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Avs look fantastic. Contender. The Blues. And the Predators are good. I think if Colloton figures out how to deploy his team before too long they can move past the Wild, Jets, and Dallas this year.

Man...were kinda fucked being in this division if this roster shuffling takes too long. I worry the blue print of getting rough with our little lines is out there.

The Napoleon smurfs need to be the skill wildcard on the lower lines, rather than muck up the game across from skill guys who need skilled protectors, not loud mouth smurfs.

zsolt

Liked Posts:
Going with my 5 year old daughter shes so hyped .Entertaining hockey also needs points at some point of the season