2019 NBA Offseason thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Wizards want to pay Bradley Beal what CP3 is getting. 3 year 88 mil extension.

And the fucking agent says they will think about it. rofl...

Wizards are desperate now....

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Just saw that Denzel Valentine still isn’t cleared to even scrimmage. Holy fuck.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just saw that Denzel Valentine still isn’t cleared to even scrimmage. Holy fuck.
dude is so sloppy unathletic...unreal drafting him and McDermott and Portis...fucking goon squad with a combined vertical of 12 inches, but don't ask them to jump they will hurt themselves.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Wizards want to pay Bradley Beal what CP3 is getting. 3 year 88 mil extension.

excuse me....ahem...

111 millions to get Beal to "think about it"

makes Lavine a bargain

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I thought CP3 was 4 years 160.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
dude is so sloppy unathletic...unreal drafting him and McDermott and Portis...fucking goon squad with a combined vertical of 12 inches, but don't ask them to jump they will hurt themselves.
I just watch his floppy feet, almost like he has clown shoes on. No way he gets away with Harden 3 step.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't put my finger on why this Bulls team can't compete. Injuries, some young players, and a lack of PG and coaching.

Tomas solidifies the PG position to the bare minimum of what it should be. They just don't seem to have the heart of the Pacers or Hawks Clubs and that for me starts with coaching and the team in the building.

PLayers just aren't excited to fight for the Bulls honor day in and day out.

Tomas-Lavine-Otto-Young-Lauri with WCJ coming in off the bench is how I see this line-up.

They lack a superstar I guess is the other thing. How broken is John Wall?

Is it the cap or the unwillingness to pay CP3 that would be the issue? CP3 or Westbrook would have both taken the Bulls to the second round of playoffs over the next 2-3 years but we don't pursue.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont think Wall is expected to play this entire season, just take his 40 and hang on the beach somewhere.

Carter was supposed to start on the bench last year, he didnt. He wont with young here who was signed to solidify the locker room and the second group.

Boylen already named the starters as Dunn, Lavine, Porter, Laurie and Carter.

Would be nice to see some competition allowed when they get started on a team that has been this bad for this long.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I can't put my finger on why this Bulls team can't compete. Injuries, some young players, and a lack of PG and coaching.

Tomas solidifies the PG position to the bare minimum of what it should be. They just don't seem to have the heart of the Pacers or Hawks Clubs and that for me starts with coaching and the team in the building.

PLayers just aren't excited to fight for the Bulls honor day in and day out.

Tomas-Lavine-Otto-Young-Lauri with WCJ coming in off the bench is how I see this line-up.

They lack a superstar I guess is the other thing. How broken is John Wall?

Is it the cap or the unwillingness to pay CP3 that would be the issue? CP3 or Westbrook would have both taken the Bulls to the second round of playoffs over the next 2-3 years but we don't pursue.

I think it’s a combination of things. Injuries for sure have played a big role, especially last season. The coaching has been bad. To be honest, just off the top of my head, I’d say Boyle’s is currently the worst HC in the league. Then I think the thing that gets most over looked is age. We just expect these guys to come in right out of college and immediately make a big impact towards wins, which doesn’t happen often.

I think they will be competitive this year, even if they don’t make the playoffs. Adding veterans like Thad, Tomas and Luke should help out a lot. How far this team makes it is totally dependent on Lavine and Lauri. If they show a lot of improvement this season then the team could really pop this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it’s a combination of things. Injuries for sure have played a big role, especially last season. The coaching has been bad. To be honest, just off the top of my head, I’d say Boyle’s is currently the worst HC in the league. Then I think the thing that gets most over looked is age. We just expect these guys to come in right out of college and immediately make a big impact towards wins, which doesn’t happen often.

I think they will be competitive this year, even if they don’t make the playoffs. Adding veterans like Thad, Tomas and Luke should help out a lot. How far this team makes it is totally dependent on Lavine and Lauri. If they show a lot of improvement this season then the team could really pop this year.

I would add that WCJ and White need to play like #7 picks. Neither looks too good so far, but they are above the level of the mid 1sts and 2nd rounders they had drafted for a few years. Its progress, but they need somebody to really blossom and WCJ is that guy, as White probably needs 2-3 years to add to his skill-set and adjust to guards in the NBA.

I expect he can contribute on the second/third team behind Dunn/Tomas for a year, and move into a timeshare with Tomas in a year or two.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Last year WCJ was supposed to sit, watch and learn from Robin, ended starting out day 1. Still do not know who's fault that was. College plays less than half an nba schedule, there was a plan and it got thrown out the window. Now, before Boylen even sees anyone practice together, he names dunn, lavine, carter, porter and laurie as the starters when everyone knows Dunn is a trainwreck and deserves to be pushed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last year WCJ was supposed to sit, watch and learn from Robin, ended starting out day 1. Still do not know who's fault that was. College plays less than half an nba schedule, there was a plan and it got thrown out the window. Now, before Boylen even sees anyone practice together, he names dunn, lavine, carter, porter and laurie as the starters when everyone knows Dunn is a trainwreck and deserves to be pushed.
Is there a drink or type of food that makes you happy?

Constant negativity can become a cycle related to depression.

But yeah...I had an apoplectic moment when I heard he named the starters already...that can't be real can it?

High school gym coach this Boylen guy. How is competition not good for everyone? I can't name another professional team in any sport that releases starters before the first meeting of training camp.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Is there a drink or type of food that makes you happy?

Constant negativity can become a cycle related to depression.

But yeah...I had an apoplectic moment when I heard he named the starters already...that can't be real can it?

High school gym coach this Boylen guy. How is competition not good for everyone? I can't name another professional team in any sport that releases starters before the first meeting of training camp.
well, the cubs usually name their opening day starter before camp even starts, so maybe its a chicago thing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, the cubs usually name their opening day starter before camp even starts, so maybe its a chicago thing.

come on man, that isn't even the same thing.

Thats not picking your starting 5 rotation which almost nobody does. That is selecting the one veteran representative of your club for a heart warming day.

Back to the topic stated in a more precise way...

It is unusual for a team in the Bulls situation of having missed the play-offs, with having some guys coming back off injuries, and 3 decent to good additions + a #7 pick at their weakest position, and other hungry home grown players within the organization to stifle competition and name 5 starters before they have even seen the squad together in practice.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
come on man, that isn't even the same thing.

Thats not picking your starting 5 rotation which almost nobody does. That is selecting the one veteran representative of your club for a heart warming day.

Back to the topic stated in a more precise way...

It is unusual for a team in the Bulls situation of having missed the play-offs, with having some guys coming back off injuries, and 3 decent to good additions + a #7 pick at their weakest position, and other hungry home grown players within the organization to stifle competition and name 5 starters before they have even seen the squad together in practice.
Tomas is more of a complete player than Dunn is. I really did not think Pax expected Dunn to be with the team, let alone not forced to actually beat out some competition and paying Archie 9 million to push all 3 in practice.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Yeah. Imagine rooting for the Bulls to draft any of these guys.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. Imagine rooting for the Bulls to draft any of these guys.
I like all the players just its 3 guys with the same flaw, athleticism. In a row, and we act like we are too good for Westbrook. My lordy.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I saw yet another player pull out of team USA, Julius Randle, and was replaced with Torrey Craig. Fucking Torrey Craig. I seriously don't get the Zach Lavine hate. He's a good dude with a very good work ethic who's also a pretty good player. It sure seems like he gets absolutely zero respect.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I guess pulling out is a better choice than getting cut. like Thaddeus Young was last night.