2019 NBA Offseason thread

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Goddamit we just kinda underwhelm and its hard to say why...

but like fucking what? what? We are too good to ask about 3 years of Westbrook? God forbid he is averaging 24-6-7 in three years while continuing to get wiser and shoot better. The dude is a legend. 3 years? Nah...I'd be more worried about the next contract...he wont' fall off a cliff...dude is warrior...epic warrior...no cliff for tough guys who play the game hard. He might get hurt eventually...but he has been a constant.
making 41 million, 44 million, then 47 million.

Personally, I put Westbrook above Paul George. Took two good players and 5 first round picks. What are we talking, Lavine, Laurie, andCarter Jr with our picks to 2030? Just to have a bitter westbrook here stat chasing triple doubles?

The part I really cannot understand is if Westbook wants out of OKC, why didnt they try to trade him first and keep Paul? Might that have gotten Kawhi to OKC?

This is a sad sad state we are in. Every team needs a superstar and so far only Jimmy Butler wants to be the only superstar on a team. The rest of them need to hold hands and go to a team together.

Now we are down to the lakers with a starting lineup that will probably be, Pope or Rondo, Kuzma, James, Brow, Cousins.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
making 41 million, 44 million, then 47 million.

Personally, I put Westbrook above Paul George. Took two good players and 5 first round picks. What are we talking, Lavine, Laurie, andCarter Jr with our picks to 2030? Just to have a bitter westbrook here stat chasing triple doubles?

The part I really cannot understand is if Westbook wants out of OKC, why didnt they try to trade him first and keep Paul? Might that have gotten Kawhi to OKC?

This is a sad sad state we are in. Every team needs a superstar and so far only Jimmy Butler wants to be the only superstar on a team. The rest of them need to hold hands and go to a team together.

Now we are down to the lakers with a starting lineup that will probably be, Pope or Rondo, Kuzma, James, Brow, Cousins.
once upon a time Carter and Tracy McGrady thought they were too big for a duo.

neither of them ever won a damn thing

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
once upon a time Carter and Tracy McGrady thought they were too big for a duo.

neither of them ever won a damn thing

But that was when there were like 6 superstars for all 30 teams.

My point is that what the NBA wants is all teams to have a superstar. There are enough to go around now, but they get all prissy and have to play with friends, while making more money than some superstars like Julius Irving or Larry Bird made in his entire career over the course of one season.

It was funny watching the jump. They had spencer dinwiddie at the desk. He did not take credit for recruiting Kyrie and Durant. They got to the end of the troll wars, and Rachel pointed out that vince Carter was a free agent. He said something like we can use him we are only half amazing now.

Seemed like a great guy, wonder why we did not get to know him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

My point is that what the NBA wants is all teams to have a superstar. There are enough to go around now, but they get all prissy and have to play with friends, while making more money than some superstars like Julius Irving or Larry Bird made in his entire career over the course of one season.

It was funny watching the jump. They had spencer dinwiddie at the desk. He did not take credit for recruiting Kyrie and Durant. They got to the end of the troll wars, and Rachel pointed out that vince Carter was a free agent. He said something like we can use him we are only half amazing now.

Seemed like a great guy, wonder why we did not get to know him.
He played defense he can't be here

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy alone in Miami sounds about right for him.

I can't wait 12 more months for that guys knees to start getting old. For his team to suck. To be the only piece of shit raking in a max salary on a burnt franchise while he wags his mouth over and over.

Oh he will be loved there for 8 months and catches the tail end of Massive ego being in style...but it will fade away first in the places its the biggest cultural problem (L.A., Miami, New York)

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

As I mentioned in another thread, in the 27 seasons before Lebron joined the Heat only 7 different franchises won a championship. Since Lebron joined the Heat, there have been 6 different franchises that have won, and I imagine the current favorite would make it 7. I'm sure the NBA is quite happy with these recent numbers. It could absolutely be argued that these super teams have actually been a good thing for the NBA.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Jimmy alone in Miami sounds about right for him.

I can't wait 12 more months for that guys knees to start getting old. For his team to suck. To be the only piece of shit raking in a max salary on a burnt franchise while he wags his mouth over and over.

Oh he will be loved there for 8 months and catches the tail end of Massive ego being in style...but it will fade away first in the places its the biggest cultural problem (L.A., Miami, New York)

Someone said it best in this thread before

Butler is the Brandon Marshall of the nba

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fast forward 24 months and Miami has John Wall-Butler-Lebron-Okafor-Cauli Stein

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Ive been messing around with the trade machine and im convinced Westbrook to Detroit makes the most sense.

Reggie/Galloway(or Snell)/Sekou/Kennard(or Thon) works. Pistons could throw in a pick or two to sweeten the deal. That gives Thunder some young assets/picks and no terrible contracts and Detroit joins Russ with Blake/Drummond.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Ive been messing around with the trade machine and im convinced Westbrook to Detroit makes the most sense.

Reggie/Galloway(or Snell)/Sekou/Kennard(or Thon) works. Pistons could throw in a pick or two to sweeten the deal. That gives Thunder some young assets/picks and no terrible contracts and Detroit joins Russ with Blake/Drummond.
It’s the perfect fit top down. It’s a team that feels they’ve won the championship just making it to the playoffs. No overwhelming expectations. And roster of vets

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

How do the Bulls project?

We have Lavine who at least helps with a high cash player we are willing to move to make it legal.

You go Lavine, Felico...

then you have give them assets after that but could it be done? Offer them 5 firsts!

Chicago is perfect in that the biggest team weakness is still PG. Maybe this will become more clear by the trade deadline...

If I was OKC I would be trying to push Westbrook to the trade deadline, especially because I think 8-10 teams will have a ton of hope next year around then, and no juggaurnot will have asserted dominance. They should hold a piece like that where people will believe he puts them over the top come January.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
probably for the last time...

They better trade him after 12-24 months or his contract will be immovable.
Philly was 3 bounces away from being in the finals and winning against Golden state. The fourth bounce dropped for a bucket.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I guess he was too rich for the Lakers.

I guess he let it rip against the way the bulls treated him per another source.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
The more I’ve thought about it, I’d actually welcome a Westbrook trade. I would imagine he would be even better in Chicago since the Bulls have players that can actually space the floor. Part of the problem in OKC was Paul George was the only one that could really shoot it. They’d still be able to make a max space in 2021 if any poor soul wanted to come over as well.

Normally I would say there is no chance the front office actually does it, but it does kill 2 birds with one stone. They get the star that everyone and their mom says they could never get and it would also boost merchandise and ticket sales.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The more I’ve thought about it, I’d actually welcome a Westbrook trade. I would imagine he would be even better in Chicago since the Bulls have players that can actually space the floor. Part of the problem in OKC was Paul George was the only one that could really shoot it. They’d still be able to make a max space in 2021 if any poor soul wanted to come over as well.

Normally I would say there is no chance the front office actually does it, but it does kill 2 birds with one stone. They get the star that everyone and their mom says they could never get and it would also boost merchandise and ticket sales.
And we would continue to weep as Westbrook starts decline after this year and his giant contract becomes more and more unbearable