2019 PFF QB Rankings

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I would consider New Wave more a bridge from art school stuff (a cousin of a branch of punk) like Roxy Music and Talking Heads into synth pop. I think where the road forked was with the likes of the Stranglers (my favorite band mentioned in this thread so far) being the link from punk to New Wave. It all gets a bit messy though.

Yeah, I don't really see the interplay between punk and New Wave, but I've read articles that associate the two, with the claims of New Wave being a product of punk. I think the best that can be said is that, chronologically, New Wave followed punk. JMO

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't really see the interplay between punk and New Wave, but I've read articles that associate the two, with the claims of New Wave being a product of punk. I think the best that can be said is that, chronologically, New Wave followed punk. JMO

It was more of a UK thing....the punk scene was next to meaningless in the US.

PIL, Siouxsie Sue and the Banshees, Adam Ant, Bow Wow Wow were all kind of bridge groups...

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It was more of a UK thing....the punk scene was next to meaningless in the US.

PIL, Siouxsie Sue and the Banshees, Adam Ant, Bow Wow Wow were all kind of bridge groups...

Saw Adam Ant back in the day. Now that was a great show. I didn't drink, I didn't smoke, and I still enjoyed it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw Adam Ant back in the day. Now that was a great show. I didn't drink, I didn't smoke, and I still enjoyed it.

Never saw Adam Ant, but I did see Siouxsie and the Banshees and Talking Heads.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I had no idea we had so many old people on here ?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2nd sentence is the important one.

Shake

Liked Posts:
As a Chiefs fan I just gotta say, I'm more than satisfied with our drafting of Patrick Mahomes. God, I can't imagine just how bad those other teams who passed him up feel. But life is good with Mahomes. I will say that I'm rather disappointed that the league MVP is ranked third. Seems a bit ridiculous to me but I'll live I guess. I'll find a way to get past this disappointment and hopefully be able to get back to enjoying our generational talent MVP winning quarter back.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
As a Chiefs fan I just gotta say, I'm more than satisfied with our drafting of Patrick Mahomes. God, I can't imagine just how bad those other teams who passed him up feel. But life is good with Mahomes. I will say that I'm rather disappointed that the league MVP is ranked third. Seems a bit ridiculous to me but I'll live I guess. I'll find a way to get past this disappointment and hopefully be able to get back to enjoying our generational talent MVP winning quarter back.
Kek

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder who you would have gone for if you didn't already have Smith or had the 3rd pick in the draft. Congrats on that roll of the dice. ? Apparently, Nagy feels pretty good about things. Was nice to see all 3 of those 'weak' 1st round QBs in the 2018 playoffs.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Browns were prior eliminated going into their last game; if they won that game, the Steelers were going to the playoffs. Not sure what the argument is completely about, I'm only reading bits & pieces