2019 PFF QB Rankings

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Adipost - I like your own work and analysis better than PFF, I can't understand someone like you quoting their work. PFF is perfect to quote on here if it happens to coincidentally meet and agree with someone's agenda.

My comment has nothing to do with their ranking here being bad to Trubisky. Couldn't give a crap. Anyone on here praising PFF for their Trubisky low ranking I am sure has ripped PFF for something that didn't work for their agenda in the past.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed on Hopkins being better than Robinson. He's a legit top 3 receiver.

That is where the Texans advantage ends, imo. I wouldn't be in a rush to trade Miller or even Gabriel for Fuller. And I do think the system matters. Does anyone think Bill O'Brien's offense is more QB friendly than Nagy's? Me either.

And let's not even get started on the Texans OL - arguably the worst in football. This was everything when it affected the Bears in 2010 but the hardship multiplier doesn't count with non-Bears QBs.

I would take Fuller over Gabriel in a heartbeat....half the board wants to release him after this year because he is just speed.

Miller was vastly superior to Howard last year in production per carry.

I haven't mentioned anything about a hardship multiplier. If you have a problem with that please take it up to the posters who push that. Don't pretend it exists in our discussion.

The three players, other than quarterback, that accounted for 55% of the Texans offense are better than the Bears top player that accounted for the majority of their offense.

I believe our 4th top player is better than their top 4th player, but as for the top 3 the Texans have the advantage.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sometimes he has to hold the ball and make plays himself when he has one go to receiver and 9 mannequins on his offensive unit. It's incredible what he does given his situation. What a guy 4 is.
and you're not wrong once Fuller went down. Watson definitely puts that O on his shoulders. I think more than he needs to at times but as long as he pulls it off, it's all thumbs up. I like him.

Watson vs Trubisky is an interesting dichotomy. To become all they can be, Mitch is too rote and needs to loosen up and just play (which we hope will come when the system is 2nd nature, It's a good thing Nagy likes the deep ball and encourages it) while Watson's future would be better served by figuring out how to exploit within a system. At some point I suspect those paths will cross and we'll have a couple top QBs for years to come.

Last edited:

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its just a fucking list. Not a very good one IMO, but that is all it is. Prove it on the field. Or don't. One way or the other we'll know what the Bears do or don't have in December. Maybe earlier.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would take Fuller over Gabriel in a heartbeat....half the board wants to release him after this year because he is just speed.

Miller was vastly superior to Howard last year in production per carry.

I haven't mentioned anything about a hardship multiplier. If you have a problem with that please take it up to the posters who push that. Don't pretend it exists in our discussion.

The three players, other than quarterback, that accounted for 55% of the Texans offense are better than the Bears top player that accounted for the majority of their offense.

I believe our 4th top player is better than their top 4th player, but as for the top 3 the Texans have the advantage.
Same argument that I used but their OL was worse. Then again, ours really did suck last year as well so that advantage is also minimized.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its just a fucking list. Not a very good one IMO, but that is all it is. Prove it on the field. Or don't. One way or the other we'll know what the Bears do or don't have in December. Maybe earlier.
hqdefault.jpg

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
How could you argue that?

I don't think even Gabriel + Robinson = Hopkins
Said O as a whole. Not just WR. Hopkins is obviously a star. Fuller and Miller are also good.

Bears have their own weapons, just no stars like Hopkins. Many of them contribute. Collectively they do what they need to do in their own way. O-Line is way better (sure they had their struggles, but they were WAY better than the Texans and in the top half of the league). Those types of things.

I see Mick even mentioned play calling and overall system. I didn't even consider that.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Anyone on here praising PFF for their Trubisky low ranking I am sure has ripped PFF for something that didn't work for their agenda in the past.

This comment reminds me of my CCS Bears Forum Top 100 Poster list.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Sometimes he has to hold the ball and make plays himself when he has one go to receiver and 9 mannequins on his offensive unit. It's incredible what he does given his situation. What a guy 4 is.
So doing the "Chuck and duck" to Hopkins is what you consider incredible QB play??? LOL!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I wonder where posters think he'll end up in the PFF rankings next year...
I was honestly a little shocked to see PFF have Mitch at 26. Considering all the various ways they normally knock him with their made up stats, I figured they would have him in the 30's.

They probably don't calculate "hardship factors" like college inexperience and experience in current system.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So doing the "Chuck and duck" to Hopkins is what you consider incredible QB play??? LOL!
They are generally good throws. Late but on target.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Murray has played exactly 0 significant NFL snaps. #23 based on critical PFF statistical anal-ysis.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Said O as a whole. Not just WR. Hopkins is obviously a star. Fuller and Miller are also good.

Bears have their own weapons, just no stars like Hopkins. Many of them contribute. Collectively they do what they need to do in their own way. O-Line is way better. Those types of things.

I see Mick even mentioned play calling. I didn't even consider that.

The top three texan players accounted for 55% of their offense.....those guys weigh much heavier on the measurement scale. So while some of our lower tier guys may be better than theirs the guys do do the lionshare of the heavy lifting our better than ours.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Osweiler and Savage combined, took 32 sacks the year before Watson was drafted. Hoyer etc took 32 sacks the year before that. Watson took 62 last year.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lol at Will Fuller and DeAndre Hopkins as a “limited supporting cast”
Deandre Hopkins a limited supporting cast????? Maybe they would trade him then... a 6th rounder if he makes the team.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Like the Bears o-line was the greatest ever. Mitch is not a worse QB than Andy dalton in any dimension

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson is a better QB than Trubisky at this point, but PFF's assertion that the Bears have a much better supporting cast is laughable. PFF is laughable.