2019 PFF QB Rankings

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I worked at a store in a mall when I was in college. Don't You Want Me Baby was on the mall's loop and I heard it about 5 times daily. Be fine with never hearing it again.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I worked at a store in a mall when I was in college. Don't You Want Me Baby was on the mall's loop and I heard it about 5 times daily. Be fine with never hearing it again.

I feel the same way about Only Want to be With You by Hootie and the Blowfish. I was a manager at CompUSA going to college and that fucking song played over and over.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This was the excrement of a white rabbit.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
When I was a kid, I used to sing, "We built this city on cock and hole!"

My Mom used to get so mad. I thought it was hilarious, so it was totally worth getting in trouble. :D

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
She was probably just mad because she remembered taking a trip on Jefferson Airplane.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you measure a QBs performance by team wins, do you think Grossman (15-4, NFC Champions) was better in 2006 than Trubisky (12-5, one and done in wild card round) was in 2018?
In wins yes. Of course you want as many wins and to go as far into the playoffs culminating in a Super Bowl win. As great as Mahomes season was it wasn’t as good as Brady..... again.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In wins yes. Of course you want as many wins and to go as far into the playoffs culminating in a Super Bowl win. As great as Mahomes season was it wasn’t as good as Brady..... again.

So you think Grossman played better in 2006 than Trubisky did last year. Cool. I doubt many posters will agree with you, but I'm a fan of da sex cannon, so cool.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Adipost - I like your own work and analysis better than PFF, I can't understand someone like you quoting their work. PFF is perfect to quote on here if it happens to coincidentally meet and agree with someone's agenda.

My comment has nothing to do with their ranking here being bad to Trubisky. Couldn't give a crap. Anyone on here praising PFF for their Trubisky low ranking I am sure has ripped PFF for something that didn't work for their agenda in the past.

It’s difficult to take PFF grading seriously until they provide a detailed breakdown of their analysis with actual player examples.

For example, the one glaring thing that stood out to me from watching Jimmy Garoppolo in 2017 and 2018 was his propensity for throwing dropped INT’s all over the field. PFF notes his biggest positive as his ability to protect the football.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It’s difficult to take PFF grading seriously until they provide a detailed breakdown of their analysis with actual player examples.

For example, the one glaring thing that stood out to me from watching Jimmy Garoppolo in 2017 and 2018 was his propensity for throwing dropped INT’s all over the field. PFF notes his biggest positive as his ability to protect the football.
And anyone who watched even some film on the players would realize things like this.

Makes you think pff is nothing more than a few geeks scouring the interwebs for stat data...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you think Grossman played better in 2006 than Trubisky did last year. Cool. I doubt many posters will agree with you, but I'm a fan of da sex cannon, so cool.

Certainly at the beginning. He was player of the month for the NFC. Not sure if any Bears quarterback ever got player of the week, and certainly not player of the month other than him.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, the writeup on Mitch wasn't bad. He should be in tier 3 by now, not 4. Just as Jimmy G should be in tier 3 not 2.
Nothing to get panties in a twist over. They admitted Trubs has a lot to prove this year which is true. I think he will. So do many others. Article didn't say he wouldn't.

A Rodgers did not play like a Tier 1 QB last year, so tier 2 makes sense. He didn't play terribly either but situation around him was a bust. So much so, he couldn't tier 1 his team into playoffs like he did a few years previously. Hence he should be down a peg or two. I applaud them for accurately knocking him down a peg.

Brady DID bring his team up to the highest level after looking so-so early last year. They lost to MIA & coulda shoulda woulda lost to the Bears if not for 2 special teams TDs.

I didn't read into the other QBs much so no comment on PFF otherwise. I rate each article on it's own merit. This was interesting and not terrible at first glance. Sounds like the other QBs are outta place per comments here. But that's the point of these is to get fans talking football. Win for PFF regardless.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Please don’t try to put words in my mouth. Any quarterback worth his weight would trade stats for wins. Period. Tom Brady had a decent year statistically but Pat Mahomes would trade the stats and mvp of a super bowl trophy and you know it. I do think gross man had a better year seeing they made it to the super bowl but if you need to change what I say just to think you have won, be my guest. I doubt many posters will agree will what you did.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Please don’t try to put words in my mouth. Any quarterback worth his weight would trade stats for wins. Period. Tom Brady had a decent year statistically but Pat Mahomes would trade the stats and mvp of a super bowl trophy and you know it. I do think gross man had a better year seeing they made it to the super bowl but if you need to change what I say just to think you have won, be my guest. I doubt many posters will agree will what you did.

It's a given that anyone would take wins over numbers. But winning is a team stat, so I don't know why you persist on bringing it into discussions about individual players. The Bears were good enough to make the playoffs last year mainly because of their dominant defense.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's a given that anyone would take wins over numbers. But winning is a team stat, so I don't know why you persist on bringing it into discussions about individual players. The Bears were good enough to make the playoffs last year mainly because of their dominant defense.
And the offense was pretty fucking damn good as well. You can’t take that away from those guys. Bad offensive teams generally do not go 12-4 as the Bears were 9th in scoring offense. Going from the 29th scoring offense to the 9th is pretty damn good. We don’t understand why you persist on giving every quarterback and other player credit and basically saying Mitch, who did make the pro bowl.....the same as Watson.....did nothing and was a beneficiary of all those around him. I like Mitch.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It might help to quote who you're responding to. There's a lot of stuff flying around in this thread.
Happens all the time where somebody else thinks you're accusing them and things get further derailed.