2020 Early Offseason QB Market

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Pace and the Bears have a slew of options this coming offseason. There are going to be a record number of QB's switching uniforms.

Drew Brees, Teddy Bridgewater, Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehill, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Eli Manning, Josh Rosen, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton, Derrick Carr, Philip Rivers, Dak Prescott, etc.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
90% won't change teams. Trubisky for sure will be here.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Really only a few of those guys are going to be available, and no one who is really good.

Prepare for Mariota vs. Mitch showdown in TC.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dak Prescott is the only clear top 10 QB in the league on that list. I do not count Brees he will die in NO.

The rest are expensive or injured, or both.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Top 10? Lol.

No question about it. I think he comes in at about 8.

Mahomes
Watson
Jackson
Wilson
Rodgers
Brees

Those are the ones that are clearly superior this season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Dak is a solid Qb surrounded by elite everywhere.

Although it is interesting how bad the QB play has been this year league wide.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Dak Prescott is the only clear top 10 QB in the league on that list. I do not count Brees he will die in NO.

The rest are expensive or injured, or both.
Tannehill has actually looked really good in Tennessee, but he’ll probably resign there and also be expensive

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Really only a few of those guys are going to be available, and no one who is really good.

Prepare for Mariota vs. Mitch showdown in TC.
I think that is the most likely situation, but I would like for them to also draft a kid.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mariota v Trubisky v Draft Pick

At least then they will have options.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mariota v Trubisky v Draft Pick

At least then they will have options.
I worry that Pace will sign Mariota and then not draft a QB. Just call it good with Mariota/Trubisky for 2020. That's going to be discouraging.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I worry that Pace will sign Mariota and then not draft a QB. Just call it good with Mariota/Trubisky for 2020. That's going to be discouraging.

I think you pick your spot with drafting the QB.

If you like one in rounds 2-4 take him. If it doesn't break you way you take someone in round 5-6 and hope to hit the Minshew double.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tannehill has actually done real good since being given the reigns in Tennessee. That team has actually looked like they have an offense now. Would expect them to try to retain him.

Brees is going nowhere else. Brady having a down year but can't see he and the Pats ever parting. Prescott, I'd imagine, is 95% likely to stay in Dallas. Rivers and Carr, a bit more of a conundrum. Could see their teams giving up on them and looking elsewhere for answers. I'd say 30% chance of Rivers staying with his team and 70% Carr stays with Raiders. Hey, maybe Eli finally does go to the Chargers. Haha. Can't see much interest to be had in a broken down Cam.

The most viable options, from the list, for the Bears would likely be Mariota, Winston, Rosen, Flacco and Bridgewater. And out of those viable options, Bridgewater would be my clear front runner.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If Mitch continues as he has the last few games, I certainly think he will have played himself into a "placeholder" QB status. You would then have 2 more cheap years of Mitch, which gives you 3 drafts to find someone you like better and a little more time to evaluate if you want Nagy and/or Pace to keep their jobs.

Depends on the next 4 games, but if the Bears go 7-9 or better you would expect they would try and reload to push for the playoffs next season. This would likely exclude spending big money on a FA QB and instead strengthen some other holes. You do expect an upgrade from Daniel to someone who gives you a little more off the bench.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:

I think that is closer to the ceiling than the floor but depends on the last few games. If Mitch bombs we could see an expensive upgrade. If he continues his decent play, they may not even spend Mariota money and may prefer to keep the backup QB in the 6-8 million dollar range.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I’m very disappointed in Mitch’s play but highly doubt any QB on the market is a huge increase in production. Meaning there are many offensive issues as far as blocking and TE performance.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
prove the doubters wrong Mitch! Starts tonight!!

Trubisky has posted a passer rating of 124.4 and thrown six touchdowns against one interception in two games against Detroit and its 26th-ranked pass defense by DVOA. Against the rest of the NFL? He has thrown seven touchdown passes against six picks, and both his passer rating (76.3) and Total QBR (35.3) rank last among qualifying starters.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
No question about it. I think he comes in at about 8.

Mahomes
Watson
Jackson
Wilson
Rodgers
Brees

Those are the ones that are clearly superior this season.
he has feasted on bad defenses and flopped against good ones. He has the best oline in football. I think he is around 16 to 18 ranking for me

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
he has feasted on bad defenses and flopped against good ones. He has the best oline in football. I think he is around 16 to 18 ranking for me

Which 16 QBs are you taking over him?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bridgewater is not happening. That would be Pace putting a bullet in the Trubisky era and that will not happen.