2020 Rumor Mill

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think there will be a bunch of things to talk about up til the deadline so hope we can all use this one spot.

Todays rumor, is Boston is pushing for a Brandon Saad trade.

He has been our second or third best player, gotta think 6 million is reasonable, but Boston only has a million cap space left so it sounds like we would be taking back alot of money to get it done.

Still waiting to see if Crow asks for a trade, but still think he is in the best spot he can be right now, staying relatively healthy with a shot at playing more if Lenhar cannot carry the load.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I think there will be a bunch of things to talk about up til the deadline so hope we can all use this one spot.

He has been our second or third best player, gotta think 6 million is reasonable, but Boston only has a million cap space left so it sounds like we would be taking back alot of money to get it done.

Still waiting to see if Crow asks for a trade, but still think he is in the best spot he can be right now, staying relatively healthy with a shot at playing more if Lenhar cannot carry the load.
Source

blackpep72

Liked Posts:

What would we get in return though ? If it is a solid D-man I would say do it.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Source?

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Goalies don't generally get much of a return on trades....Blackhawks should pray for an injury

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
According to Ek the Hawks are hard after Hoffman from the Panthers. Hard to believe anything from Ek but he has been right a few times. Who would the Hawks be giving up for Hoffman?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Probably not a rumor, but seems like Phil Holm has asked to be released from Rockford. With these blue line troubles and maybe our best training camp d man never getting the call, cant say I blame him. They would have had to get him thru waivers to send him back and seems so afraid to lose him for nothing, they will lose him for nothing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goalies don't generally get much of a return on trades....Blackhawks should pray for an injury
I'm not sure thats always true. A young goalie with potential usually gets moved for a higher draft pick than similar level player. Depends on years of cost control, readiness, and talent but I always thought they were MORE expensive.

If your starter goes down and you want 2 time champion Crawford thats gonna cost a pretty penny, other playoff worthy teams need an elite goalie too.

For me it comes down to whether Lehner wants to sign long term. We might have to pay 7 or 8 per year to lock him down till 2026 or so. I'd say worth it and trade Crow.

If Lehner won't sign long term, then we need to re-up Crow for as long as we can until his wheels fall off and get what we can for Lehner.

Either would be a significant addition to a contender.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The title of the thread is rumors, not official no doubt, definitely going to happen, predict moves. But since you are just here to demand and refuse to let google be your friend:

No one is "demanding," we were just curious what your source was. Even rumors have sources.

Also, it's as easy for you to copy/paste the link -- if not easier -- than for me to google the subject you yourself introduced.

Anyways, if Boston is interested, it wouldn't be a given that the Hawks would have to take back a lot of money. Right now, I'd say the Hawks stand pat on any type of major or semi-major move. Trading Saad would be a semi-major move. The fact that, even though this team has looked horrific at times this season, they are still only 5 points out of a playoff spot right now. It's too early to trade a player who has arguably been your most consistent forward (when healthy) behind Kane, when you're still in contention for a playoff spot. We won't know until closer to the deadline which direction Bowman will choose.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure thats always true. A young goalie with potential usually gets moved for a higher draft pick than similar level player. Depends on years of cost control, readiness, and talent but I always thought they were MORE expensive.

If your starter goes down and you want 2 time champion Crawford thats gonna cost a pretty penny, other playoff worthy teams need an elite goalie too.

For me it comes down to whether Lehner wants to sign long term. We might have to pay 7 or 8 per year to lock him down till 2026 or so. I'd say worth it and trade Crow.

If Lehner won't sign long term, then we need to re-up Crow for as long as we can until his wheels fall off and get what we can for Lehner.

Either would be a significant addition to a contender.

Honestly, I think Crawford is gone either way (whether Lehner signs here or not). At least, that's what should happen -- and that's not easy to say, I like Crawford. But the guy is in his mid-thirties and has missed substantial portions of recent seasons with injury -- you can't rely on him to be anything more than a backup, as this past off-season indicated. Re-upping him would be a mistake, even if Lehner wants the moon and you can't re-sign him. You may as well lose both and take your chances on either the open market or via trade to bring in a starting goalie, as you won't be any more able to rely on Crawford next off-season as you were this off-season.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, I think Crawford is gone either way (whether Lehner signs here or not). At least, that's what should happen -- and that's not easy to say, I like Crawford. But the guy is in his mid-thirties and has missed substantial portions of recent seasons with injury -- you can't rely on him to be anything more than a backup, as this past off-season indicated. Re-upping him would be a mistake, even if Lehner wants the moon and you can't re-sign him. You may as well lose both and take your chances on either the open market or via trade to bring in a starting goalie, as you won't be any more able to rely on Crawford next off-season as you were this off-season.
I think it depends on Crawford's asking numbers knowing (a) his play since he got ran the 2nd time (b) his age, and (c) his recent injury history. Of course him wanting to sign is paramount.

I would say no more than 3M max for 1 year and no more than 2.5M for 2 yrs--and 2 years is the max term. That would be on these conditions:
  • Lehner doesn't re-sign
  • There are no clauses attached
  • He is in a role where he's grooming someone line Lankinen, who will get at least 40 games barring an injury. If the 'hawks go FA for a goalie who is established then I'd give it a miss.
What I don't want to see is the 'hawks just running Lankinen/Delia (or similar) next year. I think the 'hawks would be better served if they don't sign Lehner or an established FA netminder is a goalie who would be someone who could help bring a young goalie in who is cheap enough to be on the bench for more than a half of a season and who can help a young netminder deal with the team defense completely bails on them. Crawford is both--as long as the price & term are small and short, and there are no clauses on the deal.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it depends on Crawford's asking numbers knowing (a) his play since he got ran the 2nd time (b) his age, and (c) his recent injury history. Of course him wanting to sign is paramount.

I would say no more than 3M max for 1 year and no more than 2.5M for 2 yrs--and 2 years is the max term. That would be on these conditions:
  • Lehner doesn't re-sign
  • There are no clauses attached
  • He is in a role where he's grooming someone line Lankinen, who will get at least 40 games barring an injury. If the 'hawks go FA for a goalie who is established then I'd give it a miss.
What I don't want to see is the 'hawks just running Lankinen/Delia (or similar) next year. I think the 'hawks would be better served if they don't sign Lehner or an established FA netminder is a goalie who would be someone who could help bring a young goalie in who is cheap enough to be on the bench for more than a half of a season and who can help a young netminder deal with the team defense completely bails on them. Crawford is both--as long as the price & term are small and short, and there are no clauses on the deal.
over thinking much here.

If either find us worthy enough to employ them there should be a check waiting with their value +1Maav

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Blackhawks should not wait one minute in signing Leavolette (spelling apology), from the predators.

I have a feeling the "coach abuse hotline" has led to some surprise opportunistic firings already.

I dont care what his issues are, he's been to the final with three teams and he built up a juggernaut designed specifically to stop our dynasty and did. He knows our team extensively and how to gameplan for our core. I think he could reverse engineer better ways to counter the way modern teams play us.

Babcock and now Leavoelette are available and we are in a silly failing experiment. If Bowman cant share the room with a hockey man then can Bowman.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
No one is "demanding," we were just curious what your source was. Even rumors have sources.

Also, it's as easy for you to copy/paste the link -- if not easier -- than for me to google the subject you yourself introduced.

Anyways, if Boston is interested, it wouldn't be a given that the Hawks would have to take back a lot of money. Right now, I'd say the Hawks stand pat on any type of major or semi-major move. Trading Saad would be a semi-major move. The fact that, even though this team has looked horrific at times this season, they are still only 5 points out of a playoff spot right now. It's too early to trade a player who has arguably been your most consistent forward (when healthy) behind Kane, when you're still in contention for a playoff spot. We won't know until closer to the deadline which direction Bowman will choose.

I just have a problem with people just posting a link, mainly a twitter link that does not summarize the twit that had to spew at that moment. I appreciate the summary so I dont have to bother.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It didn't even make sense when they explained his firing. Made the playoffs 5 years in a row, third different team to the finals, presidents trophy..

And they had a slow start but have actually turned things around recently watching them. They dont have the dominant defense they used to which lets people at Rinne. They should have overpayed for a hawks goalie but we should pounce on their mistake.

Babcock is old and gross, but this dude is still in his prime.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I agree. Crow really needs to retire, even if he stays in shape and wants to make a comeback. We saw it take 3+ years for Toews to really recover from his 5 "bell rungs" from the last playoff. Every time he get hit in the head its like he is taking years off his life. Look at his love for muscle cars and the opportunity to leave on his terms, after the 36 million dollar deal.
I still think he would take a deal to go to Montreal, not getting to play on his birthday and getting passed over for that start is going to be enough to get some of these guys waiving the NMC. I think finishing in his hometown is on his bucket list. No source. No personal information.

I was still looking forward to Nalimov, dont know whether he can play in the NHL or not good enough, I am just looking forward to Foley making the calls.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love Crawford, Babcick, or Leavvilette behind our bench over "even my captain hates me" Harry Potter experiment.

It's a disgrace. 3 guys sitting there that are worthy of holding Qs jock. Current coach would look cute tied up with it stuffed in his mouth.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
over thinking much here.

If either find us worthy enough to employ them there should be a check waiting with their value +1Maav
Lehner is a no brainer--I would think 7 for 6 or 8 for 4 would be the going high-end rate for him. Some may argue that's too much, but if you have a goalie who can put up big numbers behind a Timbits™ level defense, that's what the going rate is going to be.

Crawford on the other had does have an albatross or 2 around his neck (specifically his concussion history and his play since), and his age is up there. Much like Keith at this point there should be no future plans made around him whatsoever--even if he's doing a good job. There has to be a changing of the guard soon. Lehner at this point would be the smart answer--if he wants to re-sign. At that point you might as well bring up one of the youth.

What Crawford can give is that vet presence in net if the 'hawks decide it's time to audition Lankinen, Nalimov (can't believe I spaced him) or they want to give Delia another shot as the next starter--specficially if Lehner does not want to re-sign and the 'hawks aren't going to test the trade of FA market for an established netminder with some experience under his belt and is not on the outtro of their career. He would be a decent enough choice as the guy who helps bring them along--and could probably do it as well as any of the FA acquisitions we could bring in if that is the role needed.

In that role--one where he should see no more than half of the starts, you don't want to pay him too much to sit on the bench (ideally, we're not talking the feces-and-rectal-gas-induced hallucinations Bowman the Lesser is suffering due to his head being up his ass and thinking this team as-is is a solid contender). You have to keep the salary reasonable, so there's no way he should get +1 AAV in that role. The going rate for a netminder like that would be about what I said: 3M/1Yr or 2.5/2Yr. Either are low enough to be on the on the bench most of the time. 4 or 3.5, respectively? You're starting to get into low-grade or unestablished starter paychecks there (Think Darling) and IMHO the 'hawks do not need that moving forward.

Their either need a guy like Lehner who can de facto take over the net and put up high numbers behind the worst team D in the league, or they might as well gut the position and bring in an old vet with the intent that they move over if a youngster establishes themselves, and give the youngsters that chance to establish themselves--knowing full well they'll be thrown right into the fire. Anything in-between won't cut it IMHO.