2020 Rumor Mill

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trade Crow to Montreal for peanuts and offer Lehner 8.5. Take some looks at Delia and Lahtonen this year so you can make a decision with Nalimov on trading him or bringing him over.

If Lehner will take 8.5(this is what we should do with our LTIR money is lock up the future)...at the very least we can push some of that money to this year so that it looks like 10 but counts 8.5 or 7.5 against the cap going forward for the Hawks.

If Shaw ain't coming back, they are one wing short or two if they can trade Saad. But maybe they shouldn't trade one of their winning players...keep Saad. Keep Shaw. Lose Nylander/Sikura/KooKoo/Crow/Smith. Stop over thinking it. Just handle the low hanging fruit, or keep Nylander. Maybe there is value in their investment.

I agree with trading away some players but the guys you mention....what can you get in return for them. Shaw is probably toast, Nylander has been a bust, Sikura has shown nothing, KooKoo has shown less than nothing, Smith sucks and Crow is one more consussion away from career ending. Fairly certain that this group has little to no value.

Granada

Liked Posts:
There's been talk for awhile now about ash canning the shoot out altogether which I'd be highly in favor of. While the addition of 3 on 3 has been fun, exciting and creative.....the shoot out gets more and more stale by the the year. You are correct. Can't believe that any GM would consider that a bargaining chip.

I'd be fine with scrapping it too. If they want to keep the 3 on 3 OT, okay, but if no one scores, then just end it in a tie like they used to do. There's nothing wrong with a tie, especially when both goalies are playing out of their minds -- just seems wrong to force a loser between the two. Plus, it would make the points/standings less complicated (no more ROW points, SO points bull shit).

Granada

Liked Posts:
I agree with trading away some players but the guys you mention....what can you get in return for them. Shaw is probably toast, Nylander has been a bust, Sikura has shown nothing, KooKoo has shown less than nothing, Smith sucks and Crow is one more consussion away from career ending. Fairly certain that this group has little to no value.

Exactly. Even a guy like de Haan -- who the hell would even want that guy now? This is why I hated all these moves when they were made -- all these players had issues (health related, etc.) even before they were Hawks. It's as if Bowman is getting worse every off-season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They may have to lose some prospects to do that house keeping.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They may have to lose some prospects to do that house keeping.

Yes they will which is really counter productive when rebuilding.....it's the deep hole a bad GM has built by going the Kenny Williams route of grabbing everyone's leftovers trying to get lucky with them. I mean it worked a couple of times for the Hawks but in the long run, you will bury your franchise using that strategy. Just look at these moves he made.....it's gotta be a ratio of near 7 to 1, bad acqusistions to good ones. No matter how deep your core is, that shit will catch up to you.

https://committedindians.com/stan-bowman-history-as-chicago-blackhawks-gm/

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I'd be fine with scrapping it too. If they want to keep the 3 on 3 OT, okay, but if no one scores, then just end it in a tie like they used to do. There's nothing wrong with a tie, especially when both goalies are playing out of their minds -- just seems wrong to force a loser between the two. Plus, it would make the points/standings less complicated (no more ROW points, SO points bull shit).

It is the most confusing part about the whole ordeal. Both goalies playing out of their minds, but cannot stop pucks in the shoot out.
I also think that soccer has really not caught on here in north america mainly because you can end up with spending 3 hours watching a game that ends up without a winner. I cant afford Hawk tickets, but people dropping a few hundred buck per person just to be there kinda needs a winner.
I like a good shootout. Maybe there is a different answer, like starting at the blue line instead of center ice.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Lenher knows he is not Bob. Just like the bar was set with the Rinne deal, there was always that really good guy that gets paid fair. Not to mention, they needed to kick up the offer to Bob to get him away from the only team he played for. If the money were the same he probably would have stayed in Columbus, maybe.

I think everyone knows Price, Bobrowski, Fleurry and Lundquist are above and beyond goaltenders, and Lundquist only gets 7. I dont think even Lenhar thinks he is worth Price dollars, gotta even argue if he thinks he is worth the other 3..
Bob also played for the Flyers. Tallon overpaid to get him to come to Florida. It’s what Dale does.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well no rumor in Hagel and Gilbert sent back to Rockford.

Seriously, what happened to Gilbert? Are we back to the black hawks do not play that brand of hockey so the gentlemans agreement of not hitting our stars is back in play?

Sure seemed like Gilbert was targeting the goons.

On another note, the Jewels and Shaw comparisons continue, with Jewels doing his best shaw impersonation of finding the penalty box.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Seriously, what happened to Gilbert? Are we back to the black hawks do not play that brand of hockey so the gentlemans agreement of not hitting our stars is back in play?

On another note, the Jewels and Shaw comparisons continue, with Jewels doing his best shaw impersonation of finding the penalty box.
Gilbert had a drop-off in play, so that might have had something to do with it. But you'd think with the D being what it is that he would have gotten something of a chance to work through it and not be Jokiharju'ed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gilbert had a drop-off in play, so that might have had something to do with it. But you'd think with the D being what it is that he would have gotten something of a chance to work through it and not be Jokiharju'ed.

It might have more to do with the other guys than it does Gilbert.

Boqvist, Maata, KooKoo, Gus all stepped up a bit recently and Keith/Murph aren't going anywhere. Likely they want to keep Gilbert fresh, go work on some thing or two and be ready when an injury or trade happens.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Gilbert really wasn't preventing anyone from hitting anyone

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah...what JC said before the break was they are "protecting each other with their play." So they switched from trying to hit back to getting as much skill out there and passing there way out of hitting zones. Gilbert still raw, so makes sense. I expect we will see him again at some point or he will get traded to a Blues/Ottawa style team.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he wasn't providing deterrence, he was providing accountability. And yes, that matters for a team (chemistry and camaraderie).
So much so that they won five in a row without his "skill set" in the lineup.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So 5 games is enough to prove your point? Not for me.
The burden of proof is always on the person making the claim.

I've never seen any evidence of the value of "protection" or "accountability."

The best way to get someone back for cheap shots is by turning on the red light.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Even Q put Carbomb on the line with Kane and Toews so there was the immediate repercussions from hitting the talent. Carbomb decided to try being a finesse player too.

Sure looked like Blackhawk hockey to me, Probert style, pre 2014 Seabrook style. The cup years, the other team could not catch them.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The burden of proof is always on the person making the claim.

I've never seen any evidence of the value of "protection" or "accountability."

The best way to get someone back for cheap shots is by turning on the red light.

We're both making claims, lol

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even Q put Carbomb on the line with Kane and Toews so there was the immediate repercussions from hitting the talent. Carbomb decided to try being a finesse player too.

Sure looked like Blackhawk hockey to me, Probert style, pre 2014 Seabrook style. The cup years, the other team could not catch them.
Carcillo did absolutely zero protecting (whatever that means) of Kane and Toews.

No one was afraid of incurring Carcillo's wrath.

Protection/Accountability is one of the oldest and dumbest hockey myths.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Carcillo did absolutely zero protecting (whatever that means) of Kane and Toews.

No one was afraid of incurring Carcillo's wrath.

Protection/Accountability is one of the oldest and dumbest hockey myths.

No, maybe first 5 games he was in the face of anyone who hit Kane, but apparently was told that we dont play that kind of hockey.

What was the sense of getting him if it was not to be a deterrent?

You watched how the western conference treated Kane in the playoffs right? tries to carry the puck in, he is sent to the boards. Makes him stop carrying the puck in, changes his game. Same difference when you get the other team thinking there might be a reason to look over their shoulder.

We dont have the balance of talent on this team anymore to play that puck possession hockey. That was always the excuse, we cant hit anybody if we have the puck. Now we dont have the puck and had one guy hitting people and actually staying on the ice, not Jewels or Shaw hit and box.