2020 Spring Training Thread

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Tyson was expected. He struggled in his mid season promotion to Iowa and has options.

Garcia to me seemed very early. But what it signals is he was not really viewed as much and might end up cut from the 40.

Looking at 2B no one stands out right now. Happ and Miller are wrecking spring training. Almora has settled to his .290 ish BA which should be his norm. The good part is he is around .345 OBA so that is encouraging.

That is kinda why I would stir the pot and make Happ start at 2B. CF is looking strong right now and you really want to maximize those PA's.

Now on the current 2B options:

Kipnis .200/.227...
Descalso: .130/.231

Both should never break with the team.

That leaves a LH void which Happ becomes the smartest option.

Now Bote and Horner

Bote .286/.423/.286. He has 0 extra base hits but he really is working his at bats. I still like him in a sub role and getting some time at 2B is not a dumb idea at all.

Horner I am still believing that Theo is going to make him start at Iowa. Skipping a full level could back fire and cause a demotion mid season. What was said is Nico has a knack for making contact. But that can work against him as that also plays into weak contact.

So the most likely scenerio is he goes down and works on pitch selection and learning to spit on pitches that he can not drive. Which means to stick in his strengths.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Chatwood has pretty much sealed the #5 today.