legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
As much as I'd love for Pace to get his shit together and draft a QB, I just don't see him doing it with so many underperforming contracts and draft picks on the offensive side of the ball, much less trust him to get it right... Dolphins traded away half their starters and their offense scored more than the Bears with a defensive HC... Last 3 games of the season, counting against the Vikings backups, Bears averaged 12 ppg... They need a vet QB or it's all getting torn down the next offseason.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's what they said about Mahomes.

They were wrong.

That's like saying don't draft a guy because he comes from a school that puts out bad players at his position. People are individuals and judging their potential by what you perceive as similarly skilled players is foolish at best.
QB is just hard to get right. We also hear about how you can't draft small school players in the 1st couple rounds like Wentz and Garoppolo. Why you need to judge GMs by their overall results as opposed to scrutinizing every pick.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is an expert at reading coverages............. in braille unfortunately

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Dolphins traded away half their starters and their offense scored more than the Bears with a defensive HC... Last 3 games of the season, counting against the Vikings backups, Bears averaged 12 ppg... They need a vet QB or it's all getting torn down the next offseason.

Holy crap, you're right. I had to look that up to confirm.

The Bears brought in Nagy to specifically "modernize the offense," and a team who was tanking for the top draft pick scored more ppg.

That's embarrassing.

Now we have hired a running game coordinator and a passing game coordinator to hedge against the Bald Headed Visor...sometimes with the Bears....it's like you cannot make this shit up....lol.

Remember when we hired a bunch of former HCs to hopefully save Lovie's ass? Who was it? Tice, Martz, & Marinelli??

I get that same feeling now with the new hires...just throw a bunch of shit at the wall and hope something sticks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jake Fromm does not make sense for every team.

But the Bears run a complex-timing based system that requires a superior processing QB to run effectively.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think both GA quarterbacks (Fromm and formerly Eason) are worth looks. Mainly because Georgia's offensive coaching is unimpressive considering their talent and I bet their QBs are under developed. Look how much Eason blossomed just one year away from GA.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Jake Fromm does not make sense for every team.

But the Bears run a complex-timing based system that requires a superior processing QB to run effectively.

I wouldn’t be upset with Fromm. But I just can’t shake the feeling that the Pats will scoop him up. Took Eason’s job, and held off Justin Fields before he (coming from a UGA fan) transferred. Excellent accuracy and would do well in a rhythm based timing passing attack. Too bad there has never been a rhythm to the Bears’ offense the last 2 seasons.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I think both GA quarterbacks (Fromm and formerly Eason) are worth looks. Mainly because Georgia's offensive coaching is unimpressive considering their talent and I bet their QBs are under developed. Look how much Eason blossomed just one year away from GA.

Disagree. Kirby Smart and OC James Coley are the real deal. As I’ve said, UGA is a run first pro-style offense that always has outstanding OL and running backs. That type of offense just wasn’t tailored to Eason’s strengths. He’s a gunslinger, and I wouldn’t say he “flourished” at UW. That being said, I think he has a high ceiling and wouldn’t be upset with the Bears taking him. Eason reminds me of Cutty and Fromm reminds me of Alex Smith. Question is which would fit better with the offensive scheme Nagy is “trying “ to implement.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Disagree. Kirby Smart and OC James Coley are the real deal.

Stats say otherwise my friend. 50th scoring offense in CFB, 72nd ranked passing offense, 41st ranked rushing offense.
And they had one of the best offensive lines in football. Just absolute beasts. And they have had a top 3 overall recruiting classes over the last few years.

How can a team that stacked with talent be so mediocre offensively?

Kirby Smart is a very good defensive coach and recruiter, but no way an offensive genius. I mean he was a DC his whole career.

Any team should take a hard look at both these QBs, especially in the 2nd round as developmental prospects.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Stats say otherwise my friend. 50th scoring offense in CFB, 72nd ranked passing offense, 41st ranked rushing offense.
And they had one of the best offensive lines in football. Just absolute beasts. And they have had a top 3 overall recruiting classes over the last few years.

How can a team that stacked with talent be so mediocre offensively?

Kirby Smart is a very good defensive coach and recruiter, but no way an offensive genius. I mean he was a DC his whole career.

Any team should take a hard look at both these QBs, especially in the 2nd round as developmental prospects.

I hear ya. They won’t put up 50 points a game, but this year was a little strange. Their top WR is a true freshman. Not a lot of top TE talent. They are a grind it out offensive team. Rely on defense and a great running game. That won’t produce a lot of points and doesn’t require the QB to chuck it a million times a game. But they win (I’m still waiting for that national championship though!). Watch Deandre Swift tear it up next season.
But I don’t think that means their QBs are not well coached. Eason will fit a passing offense and you hope the mental side clicks. With Fromm he has the mental side, but was never asked to carry a team with his arm.

Id be ok with either if for nothing else to push Trubisky.

Last edited:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Jake Fromm Bears should select with their 1st Second Round pick

I like everything about this kid. DO IT PACE!!!
Fromm could be a HOF QB and send Bears to multiple Superbowls starting 2020, or he might be worse the Trubisky. Pace already said, basically, he's committed to Trub in 2020, so extremely unlikely Pace take a 2nd rd QB.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Bears fans have always wanted the other guy no matter what. Half the guys on the forum would justify taking a guy from a summer flag football league as long as it wasn’t Trubisky.

I still think Trubisky can turn it around. I’m not an extreme hater nor a loyal defender. But Pace needs to know that perception is important, and he’ll bring in QB competition to save his ass. Plus, it’s important to do so because we need a back up who is not Chase Daniel.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still think Trubisky can turn it around. I’m not an extreme hater nor a loyal defender. But Pace needs to know that perception is important, and he’ll bring in QB competition to save his ass. Plus, it’s important to do so because we need a back up who is not Chase Daniel.

Perception is blind if there are wins. For good or bad Pace is going to do what he thinks is best for the Bears to win football games. If the bears make the playoffs with Trubisky as starter and Chase Daniel as the backup, Most people will be fine. If it is Case Keemun as backup so be it.

It’s all about the playoffs and winning.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Bears fans have always wanted the other guy no matter what. Half the guys on the forum would justify taking a guy from a summer flag football league as long as it wasn’t Trubisky.

God. Pure hyperbolic BS. 90% of this board was happy rolling with Trubisky over Chase.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Perception is blind if there are wins.

Yeah, but he is talking about bringing in a QB based on the wins we just got (8 with 0 playoff wins) so perception is sharper when there are fewer wins?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but he is talking about bringing in a QB based on the wins we just got (8 with 0 playoff wins) so perception is sharper when there are fewer wins?

They already said they were bringing in a QB and hinted at competition in the end of the year presser. I don’t think they are doing it for optics. I think they are doing it to win games.

Just like I don’t think they fired the guys responsible for the running game for optics. They are doing things they legitimately think are going to help them win games.

Optics be damned.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it would take an epic QB slide to take one in round 2. Like if Tua slid all the way. (So fantasy land)

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Jake Fromm Bears should select with their 1st Second Round pick

I like everything about this kid. DO IT PACE!!!
I like the way you ignored proper sentence structure. Also a big fan of the all caps with three exclamation marks.

In just two lines, almost 3 sentences and 20 words you said a lot.

I'm sure we've never met, but I'm confident I know you...