2nd Round QB pick

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Kmet, yes. Fromm, no.

Ok...I watched some of that Fromm, South Carolina footage. No Fromm didn't have a good game. I was waiting to see how he would do under pressure ( his OL gave him excellent pass protection). The time he was under pressure, instead of using mobility to avoid the rusher, he flung a pick 6 off his back foot ?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2021 there should be a decent QB with the first or second pick.

You really want to start a rookie in a complex system?

That is why it would be wise to start the process this year so he has a year of development before he is needed

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Consider that a 2nd rounder could be saying here's our backup, we're riding with Trubisky long term until the backup is better. Odds of a rookie let alone a 2nd rounder displacing Trubisky this year is extremely slim even if it's obvious it will happen. Remember Trubisky was supposed to be sitting a year behind Glennon. If you want Trubisky gone it may be better to look for some experience.

I want a guy ready to play in 2021 when Trubiksy is for sure gone.

jive

Liked Posts:
Next year would probably be the better year to take a QB, since we will have a first round pick then. The drop off in talent from the 1st to 2nd round for QBs is pretty steep.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

If that's the intent I'd still go for a vet. If Trubisky gets no better the vet can play in 2020. If Bears get a rookie in 2021 the vet can start, or if it was another Glennon we can get a new vet.

After Glennon and Chase and if Trubisky is who he seems to be I'm not so sure Pace is the guy to pick a QB by any means.

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
Sign a vet. I like James Morgan in the 4th or 5th. 2nd round picks should go to OL, TE, CB, Or OLB. Maybe WR if they don’t get one in FA but I feel like they can find a guy on day 3 @ wideout and I think Morgan can be a good QB to develop.

ANIMUS

Liked Posts:
Eason would be my top choice if I were them. He may need some work reading defenses, but he damn sure can sling that ball a hell of a lot more accurately than Mitch can ever dream, and that’s already an upgrade. Draft him and either make him and Mitch compete, or get a veteran QB on a 1-2 year deal and sit him so he can develop, and kick Mitch’s ass out the door.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Eason would be my top choice if I were them. He may need some work reading defenses, but he damn sure can sling that ball a hell of a lot more accurately than Mitch can ever dream, and that’s already an upgrade. Draft him and either make him and Mitch compete, or get a veteran QB on a 1-2 year deal and sit him so he can develop, and kick Mitch’s ass out the door.

Bet he gets taken by the Colts, they have a very early 2nd round pick. Eason is going to blow the combine up is my prediction and people will fall in love with the size and arm strength and he can be mobile

coolio

Liked Posts:

It makes no sense for us to go for one this year cause of how little picks we have. Unless someone like Eason or Love falls to us. Were gonna have to draft one in 2021 unfortunately but well have more picks unless dumbass pace trades them

jive

Liked Posts:
After watching some tape, I like Eason over Fromm. Fromm seems to lock on receivers, has average arm talent, and doesn't throw guys open. Eason, on the other hand has a very live arm and has some deep ball accuracy. He would be worth taking a risk on. But, really unless the guys is a hands down improvement over Trubisky, it's better to wait until the next draft.

This is the guy we need:
- Decent size, as we've had too many guys that weren't the ideal height.
- Ability to read defenses and adjust accordingly
- Mobility, because he'll need it.
- Deep ball accuracy. We need to add that dimension to keep defenses honest.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Good athletic tools and can't read defenses.

Why do we want to re-live this.
Actually that was a knock on Mahomes coming out too. He was not very good at reading defenses.