3/3 IGT: Ducks at Blackhawks (Duck hunting edition)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They really showed how they can play when they put their minds to it.

First time I've seen them play like that wearing the black. Kane put a puck right in Strome's watch pocket for his 2nd goal. Lots of chances off Anaheim's lapses. Lehner got his 1st shutout of the year for someone else. Heck of an evening.

I wouldn't read that much into it. Sure, it was a real nice win but the third worse offensive team in the NHL was all over the Hawks for nearly half the game....anything less than a stellar Crow and the score could have easily been reversed. But....that was yesterday's news, let's see if they can keep it going for awhile.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I continue to be impressed by Dach -- he made that first goal happen with a beautiful entry into the zone. I know he isn't necessarily tearing it up on the scoresheet, but I continue to be impressed by his hockey IQ with regard to little-but-important things like back-checking and opting for the responsible/safer play (as opposed to the dumber play) more often than not. I almost appreciate him more than I do Kubalik, at least with regard to the finer details; and he's really finding his confidence and utilizing his size -- it seems like it would almost be automatic for a big guy to know how to truly use his size in protecting the puck and along the boards, but it's not. You need to be strong on your edges -- that's why players like Bickell and Hayden were never really effective players in utilizing their size to their advantage.

Nylander had a very pretty goal, but it was the wrong play in my view. The pass was way open and he definitely should have dished it to Saad to complete the three-way play -- if he wouldn't have scored, I would have been livid that he didn't pass. He could have made the play/goal easier by just passing.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I continue to be impressed by Dach -- he made that first goal happen with a beautiful entry into the zone. I know he isn't necessarily tearing it up on the scoresheet, but I continue to be impressed by his hockey IQ with regard to little-but-important things like back-checking and opting for the responsible/safer play (as opposed to the dumber play) more often than not. I almost appreciate him more than I do Kubalik, at least with regard to the finer details; and he's really finding his confidence and utilizing his size -- it seems like it would almost be automatic for a big guy to know how to truly use his size in protecting the puck and along the boards, but it's not. You need to be strong on your edges -- that's why players like Bickell and Hayden were never really effective players in utilizing their size to their advantage.

Nylander had a very pretty goal, but it was the wrong play in my view. The pass was way open and he definitely should have dished it to Saad to complete the three-way play -- if he wouldn't have scored, I would have been livid that he didn't pass. He could have made the play/goal easier by just passing.

The thing I see with dach is a guy that just effortlessly glides around. He looks like he is out of control sometimes, but you keep watching and the puck is still on his stick. Looks like he is about to have the puck taken away, then watch him split defenders and still has it on his stick. That spin move at the blue line brought oohs and aahs and you can see why Kane wants to play with him.

Nylander will get another two weeks off after scoring 2 points, I mean people will be off him for two weeks until he hits another week of games with no points.

those lines to start the game though, was kane really skating on the third line because he didnt have any points for a game?