3/5 IGT: Oilers at Blackhawks

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Chicago doing a very good job getting to loose pucks, knocking them away to prevent chances. Too often this year they've looked a step behind or had trouble clearing their own zone, so far not tonight.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hold this damn lead.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably a bit too late but it's sure fun when they play like this. The thing is, when they pass the puck well like they have lately it covers the fact that they are slower than most of their opponents. Sure, with the 3 point games it's hard to make up ground....but while their chance is a slim one, they sure look like they're having fun giving it a run.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
They need to start playing desperate again or they'll see a nice lead evaporate. If any team can come back from 3 in the 3rd it's this one as long McDavid is breathing...and now look what they've allowed to happen.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here comes the meltdown...

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Winner Winner. Chicken Dinner

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
4 points out of the WC right now. Minnesota/SJ tied after 1.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Glad Bovquist got back on the ice after missing the first 10 minutes of the third, Think Carllson will be down at least today for taking a puck to the side of the head. Will be a tough call with Subban probably starting today unless the master plan was to give Crow the first half part time duty so he can close out the season. Lost Likkenin for a while in Rockford after having surgery so hope Crow can make it if he keeps starting and they squeak in the playoffs.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yeah, they blew leads against Florida and Edmonton during this winning streak. I was shocked they were able to hang on last night.
Does it really matter, the only time this team shows any sort of competitive edge is when they have nothing to play for. There are some positives but overall this team is lacking in many areas.
Hopefully with the projected salary cap increase Bowman invests wisely or better yet a new GM can set this team straight.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Does it really matter, the only time this team shows any sort of competitive edge is when they have nothing to play for. There are some positives but overall this team is lacking in many areas.
Hopefully with the projected salary cap increase Bowman invests wisely or better yet a new GM can set this team straigh.

Completely agree -- it was no accident that this winning streak occurred only after the trade deadline, when the Hawks were dead in the water.