3/6 IGT: Blackhawks at Red Wings

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hard to believe this is the same team that's won 4 straight and looked good doing it.
Well, in 2010 they played the last-place Isles and got folded like lawn furniture. Playing down to a lesser team is not something new to this squad.

Not a good goal there.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are times when you run into a good goalie, times when you're just very unlucky......but you never, NEVER lose your ability to pass the puck. It's something players can do or not do but it doesn't disappear overnight.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In 2010 they had an all star team in 2020 they have an AHL team.
In 2010 the allstar team lost to an AHL team...because Country Club reasons.

And we see part of the problem there: Saad's trying to pass to a guy who's got a defender all over him like a Catholic Priest on a Choir boy.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
In 2010 the allstar team lost to an AHL team...because Country Club reasons.

And we see part of the problem there: Saad's trying to pass to a guy who's got a defender all over him like a Catholic Priest on a Choir boy.
Ouch

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
There are times when you run into a good goalie, times when you're just very unlucky......but you never, NEVER lose your ability to pass the puck. It's something players can do or not do but it doesn't disappear overnight.
With this team it does.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Can confirm. Some games the can thread a needle with a pass. Then the very next game it's like they are wearing blindfolds and trying to aim their pass by their sense of smell.
That about sums it up.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Sad effort by most of the team. No hustle, shit passing, weak along the boards...

Blackhawks are not the most physical team in the league but neither are the lowly Red Wings. They were out hit 30-9 for the game. The lack of hitting contributes to losing all them board battles.

mikita is a god

Liked Posts:
wow just watched hawks v redwings wtf! is this the same team that cameback to beat lightning 5-2, and beat the ducks 6-2,
was hoping the hawks would sneak into the playoffs and have some form and go some rounds, but this game was poor! start of the 2nd period was like they were on the penalty kill, if this season is a write off I hope they start producing the goods next season

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Seems like teams might use some common sense and actually sleep in their own beds, then fly off to detroit late morning for the short flight. I dont know if John Weiderman slipped up or slipped up on purpose when he said he went home, no went to the airport, waited for them to deice the plane to get to detroit in the wee hours. Pat went the same route.

Team showed it.

Dont know what Gilbert thinks he is supposed to do, starts fights, hits people all over the ice and gets sent down to Rockford. I say you might as well go all out when highmore is getting lit up from the back and Crawford if hitting people on his own again, at least show the rest of the league you are willing for your next gig.

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
No surprise to me they lost. Bernier has been playing well of late; when he stopped the 2 on 1 in the first I figured Chicago would struggle to score at all.

Looks like I was right to turn in early. They had no jump or urgency at all in their game. This is no Playoffs team; inconsistent as Toronto right now losing to struggling teams they need to earn points against.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
wow just watched hawks v redwings wtf! is this the same team that cameback to beat lightning 5-2, and beat the ducks 6-2,
was hoping the hawks would sneak into the playoffs and have some form and go some rounds, but this game was poor! start of the 2nd period was like they were on the penalty kill, if this season is a write off I hope they start producing the goods next season

Lightning was a good win but the Ducks belong on the teams of yesteryear list like the Hawks. Kings are also in this boat.

Ducks top cap hit guys are on 4 old center men who are out of their prime years but got rewarded for past performance. Guys like Geslaf, Kesler, Backus, (35 years average with a lot of hockey miles on them) all old guys way out of their prime contributing little to the team in the way of points/goals.

They are waiting on a kid or 2 coming up that a team can build around. Consistent points man. Neither team has found it yet.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Hawks were simply skating in quick sand for both of these games. I've never seen a more pathetic effort on the boards as I did against St. Louis -- that was so easy for the Blues. Anytime there was a puck battle, the Blues came out of it.

Seeler looks like a complete fish out of water. He had an atrocious game last night.

Nylander: sweet turnover on the Blues' second goal. This kid needs to get his head out of his ass and quit being so damn nonchalant on both sides of the puck.

This team just looks done out there. I know they have a lot of home games remaining, but their schedule only gets tougher work-load wise -- a lot of 3 games in 4 nights, back-to-backs, etc.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hawks were simply skating in quick sand for both of these games. I've never seen a more pathetic effort on the boards as I did against St. Louis -- that was so easy for the Blues. Anytime there was a puck battle, the Blues came out of it.

Seeler looks like a complete fish out of water. He had an atrocious game last night.

Nylander: sweet turnover on the Blues' second goal. This kid needs to get his head out of his ass and quit being so damn nonchalant on both sides of the puck.

This team just looks done out there. I know they have a lot of home games remaining, but their schedule only gets tougher work-load wise -- a lot of 3 games in 4 nights, back-to-backs, etc.
Good point, but I think the record needs to state that while Nylander and Seeler both sucked, they just sucked worse. I think the whole team looked like they were mailing it in.