3 Irrefutable NBA Truths

tomhenry

Liked Posts:
1. The NBA is slowly drifting away from a high-intensity and respected sports league and more towards a whimsical SNL skit. Media outlets focus less on actual game content and more on the drama within the James household. Additionally, there is no talk about player progression or internally developing a championship roster team. Nowadays, all teams care about is signing the big name FAs instead of developing young rookies. Lower market teams will struggle in the new era where the teams that have the prettiest cheerleaders will now become the targets for free agents.
2. Knicks fans are the worst. The most expensive NBA franchise, with a net worth of 4 billion US dollars, the Knicks remain title-less. A low quality roster combined with incompetent management shows no promise. Fans hold their hopes on the promise that a big name free agent will sign a super max contract with the Knicks, but why would Kevin Durant come to New York? New York basketball shows no promise in the near future and the only positive outlook on moving to the Big Apple is a nice view from an expensive sky rise apartment. Not once has their been any talk of rebuilding from within the Knicks organization, only unrealistic hopes that Kyrie, KD, and Zion somehow all magically appear in a Knicks uniform. Get real, NYC. Learn how to build a championship roster, not buy one.
3. The LeBron era is over. The second-worst fans in the league are the Lakers fans. Lakers fans are essentially the same as Knicks fans except they live in a warmer city and were lucky to score LeBron. Considered by some to be the [second] greatest of all time (Who could disrespect His Airness?), LeBron left a runner-up team in the Cavaliers to move to the LA beaches. Despite having, what everyone seemed to call "an extremely talented young core," LeBron failed to win a playoff game. Sure, there were injuries along the way, but when the season is on the line, is the "King of basketball" supposed to be taking time off for "load management?" Let's be real here, Lebron is now 34 and just traded his entire team for Anthony Davis, because LeBron apparently neeeded "help" to make the playoffs. Now they're currently pursuing reigning Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard, as having an All-NBA sidekick isn't enough to make the playoffs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
1. The NBA is slowly drifting away from a high-intensity and respected sports league and more towards a whimsical SNL skit. Media outlets focus less on actual game content and more on the drama within the James household. Additionally, there is no talk about player progression or internally developing a championship roster team. Nowadays, all teams care about is signing the big name FAs instead of developing young rookies. Lower market teams will struggle in the new era where the teams that have the prettiest cheerleaders will now become the targets for free agents.
2. Knicks fans are the worst. The most expensive NBA franchise, with a net worth of 4 billion US dollars, the Knicks remain title-less. A low quality roster combined with incompetent management shows no promise. Fans hold their hopes on the promise that a big name free agent will sign a super max contract with the Knicks, but why would Kevin Durant come to New York? New York basketball shows no promise in the near future and the only positive outlook on moving to the Big Apple is a nice view from an expensive sky rise apartment. Not once has their been any talk of rebuilding from within the Knicks organization, only unrealistic hopes that Kyrie, KD, and Zion somehow all magically appear in a Knicks uniform. Get real, NYC. Learn how to build a championship roster, not buy one.
3. The LeBron era is over. The second-worst fans in the league are the Lakers fans. Lakers fans are essentially the same as Knicks fans except they live in a warmer city and were lucky to score LeBron. Considered by some to be the [second] greatest of all time (Who could disrespect His Airness?), LeBron left a runner-up team in the Cavaliers to move to the LA beaches. Despite having, what everyone seemed to call "an extremely talented young core," LeBron failed to win a playoff game. Sure, there were injuries along the way, but when the season is on the line, is the "King of basketball" supposed to be taking time off for "load management?" Let's be real here, Lebron is now 34 and just traded his entire team for Anthony Davis, because LeBron apparently neeeded "help" to make the playoffs. Now they're currently pursuing reigning Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard, as having an All-NBA sidekick isn't enough to make the playoffs.
When you say "Lebron is 34 years old" it sounds like an implication that he is near the end, or at least, in decline.
But his stats say otherwise.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've heard Bulls fans are the worst...due to Phil Jackson effect(knicks/lakers) also implicated

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
yo, use that enter button or nobody here is gonna read your posts.

like this.

...welcome to CCS by the way, get a vest and some protection.

example.

"1. The NBA is slowly drifting away from a high-intensity and respected sports league and more towards a whimsical SNL skit. Media outlets focus less on actual game content and more on the drama within the James household. Additionally, there is no talk about player progression or internally developing a championship roster team. Nowadays, all teams care about is signing the big name FAs instead of developing young rookies. Lower market teams will struggle in the new era where the teams that have the prettiest cheerleaders will now become the targets for free agents.

3. The LeBron era is over. The second-worst fans in the league are the Lakers fans. Lakers fans are essentially the same as Knicks fans except they live in a warmer city and were lucky to score LeBron. Considered by some to be the [second] greatest of all time (Who could disrespect His Airness?), LeBron left a runner-up team in the Cavaliers to move to the LA beaches. Despite having, what everyone seemed to call "an extremely talented young core," LeBron failed to win a playoff game. Sure, there were injuries along the way, but when the season is on the line, is the "King of basketball" supposed to be taking time off for "load management?" Let's be real here, Lebron is now 34 and just traded his entire team for Anthony Davis, because LeBron apparently neeeded "help" to make the playoffs. Now they're currently pursuing reigning Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard, as having an All-NBA sidekick isn't enough to make the playoffs."

Lebron is pretty damn good but he's no Jordan. He has to ride out into the sunset in L.A & win at least one more ring before checking out or his legacy will be shocked. I do agree with the lakers and Knicks fans being the worse too, they be flipping to between teams like spike lee..damn frauds.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Knicks are not title-less.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The Knicks are not title-less.

Its just that their trophy looks like a game of thrones prop.

dog-araton-blog480.jpg

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Additionally, there is no talk about player progression or internally developing a championship roster team. Nowadays, all teams care about is signing the big name FAs instead of developing young rookies. Lower market teams will struggle in the new era where the teams that have the prettiest cheerleaders will now become the targets for free agents.
The rest of your post was jibberish, but I agree with this. It's been like this for quite some time though. IIRC, first team I remember doing this was the 08 Celtics with Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and KG. Could have started before this, but this is the tandem that I really remember kicking off the whole 'teaming up and recruiting' style of NBA FA.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You forgot that as long as Gar Forman is in the Bulls front office they will not win a championship

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The rest of your post was jibberish, but I agree with this. It's been like this for quite some time though. IIRC, first team I remember doing this was the 08 Celtics with Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and KG. Could have started before this, but this is the tandem that I really remember kicking off the whole 'teaming up and recruiting' style of NBA FA.
Well, let's not forget the Kobe-Shaq-Karl Malone-Gary Payton Lakers. Before then I suppose one could argue the Rockets team of Olajuwon-Drexler-Barkley was a super team. That said, I'm not sure about the recruitment and/or transactions behind those deals.

That said, from 1983 to 2010 there were only seven NBA franchises that won a title. Seven. Since Lebron joined the Heat, there has been six different NBA franchises to win a title.

So, it could be argued that this "age of super teams" has actually benefited the NBA as a whole.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, let's not forget the Kobe-Shaq-Karl Malone-Gary Payton Lakers. Before then I suppose one could argue the Rockets team of Olajuwon-Drexler-Barkley was a super team. That said, I'm not sure about the recruitment and/or transactions behind those deals.

That said, from 1983 to 2010 there were only seven NBA franchises that won a title. Seven. Since Lebron joined the Heat, there has been six different NBA franchises to win a title.

So, it could be argued that this "age of super teams" has actually benefited the NBA as a whole.

you could definetely argue Portland/Houston started this trend as a reaction to how to beat Michael Jordan. They diverted from traditional team building and said..."nah we need Clyde Drexler"..."we need scottie pippen"

But Kareem to the lakers I think should not be overlooked...as there was only one team they needed help to beat.

The difference with Golden State adding Durant to their big 3, versus lakers adding Kareem is that GS had already won. But the Lakers were almost there...just barely 2nd best when they added the best player in the game, Kareem.

The similarities between GS and Lakers adding the best player in the game when they were already at the top...should be

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
you could definetely argue Portland/Houston started this trend as a reaction to how to beat Michael Jordan. They diverted from traditional team building and said..."nah we need Clyde Drexler"

But Kareem to the lakers I think should not be overlooked...as there was only one team they needed help to beat.

The difference with Golden State adding Durant to their big 3, versus lakers adding Kareem is that GS had already won. But the Lakers were almost there...just barely 2nd best when they added the best player in the game, Kareem.

The similarities between GS and Lakers adding the best player in the game when they were already at the top...should be
Really wasn't the point I was getting at, but sure.