65, Pace, Sixty freaking 5!

Rabbit

Liked Posts:
Hello Mr Pace & Nagy,

Through two games, Mitch has a QB rating of 65, well done chief.
Bears Wrs have as many carries as Tarik Cohen, which is 4, good stuff.
Minus Mitch hells 4 scrambles, the Bears have 40 (36 via RBs) rush attempts vs 72 pass attempts via a QB with a 65 rating.

Your game plan has netted the bears 1 TD through two weeks. Perhaps, you can try something different?!?!?

Like, run the 'f' ing ball, reduce the pressure youre putting on Mitch hell, and let him play through the play action.

Unkind Regards,
Rabbit

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trubisky sucks as a pocket passer. He is decent when he is moving. Can Nagy run some gosh dang bootlegs for Mitch so he doesn't look like the second coming of Christian Ponder? I mean how hard is that.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Trubisky sucks as a pocket passer. He is decent when he is moving. Can Nagy run some gosh dang bootlegs for Mitch so he doesn't look like the second coming of Christian Ponder? I mean how hard is that.
It's hard when u have a whole Wonka factory full of delightfully enticing magically inspiring stupendously enthralling plays you want all the kids in the world to enjoy.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They ran plenty against the Broncos, the combined 2 game numbers are misleading because of the week one shit show.

It's a Bears tradition, play caller abandons the run, some one talks to Martz or Tice or whoever, and then they square it away. I have no idea if anyone talked to Nagy or if the light went on, on it's own.

Not enough rushes will not be a problem moving forward, mole eye continuing to suck on the other hand...

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hello Mr Pace & Nagy,

Through two games, Mitch has a QB rating of 65, well done chief.
Bears Wrs have as many carries as Tarik Cohen, which is 4, good stuff.
Minus Mitch hells 4 scrambles, the Bears have 40 (36 via RBs) rush attempts vs 72 pass attempts via a QB with a 65 rating.

Your game plan has netted the bears 1 TD through two weeks. Perhaps, you can try something different?!?!?

Like, run the 'f' ing ball, reduce the pressure youre putting on Mitch hell, and let him play through the play action.

Unkind Regards,
Rabbit

Pace and Nagy don’t post here or read posts here despite what @dabears70 claims.

Grape

Liked Posts:
They ran way too much week 2.

Passing too much seems to always lead to running WAY too much the next game, which is even worse than passing too much. Running too much gives you a very little chance of getting big plays, which you need to consistently score more than 15 points a game.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They ran way too much week 2.

Passing too much seems to always lead to running WAY too much the next game, which is even worse than passing too much. Running too much gives you a very little chance of getting big plays, which you need to consistently score more than 15 points a game.

Week one run not enough score 3 lose.
Week two run more score 16 win.

Do you have any stats that back up your bizarre claim the running too much hurts a team. Because there are mountains of stats that proves run more = win more.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You can do some stuff like that, but ultimately a successful QB has to be composed and competent in the pocket. If Trubisky still looks lost in year 3 we're in trouble.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

I remember when we were hoping Cutler would roll out more. "play to his strength" became code for "unable to throw in a pocket" which is basically not able to play QB at all. You could gameplan around him ala 2008 Tebow but it's not sustainable at all and IF they do that, they are basically saying Mitch is not teh guy and QB help wanted in CHI.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Mitch rollout and play like he did with his legs last year and in that Bronco's preseason game from two years. I trust that Mitch Trubisky more than pocket Mitch and with the way our defense is built, I'd rather get the best 3-4 years out of Mitch right now than play the dumb "pocket passer" game for 3-8 more years, like we did with Cutler.

If he dies in the process, he dies. Our defense and team is built to win now.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd rather have Mitch rollout and play like he did with his legs last year and in that Bronco's preseason game from two years. I trust that Mitch Trubisky more than pocket Mitch and with the way our defense is built, I'd rather get the best 3-4 years out of Mitch right now than play the dumb "pocket passer" game for 3-8 more years, like we did with Cutler.

If he dies in the process, he dies. Our defense and team is built to win now.

He played mostly from the pocket last year. He was a great improviser if the pocket broke down and usually made good things happen anyway. He had very few designed rollouts.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
He played mostly from the pocket last year. He was a great improviser if the pocket broke down and usually made good things happen anyway. He had very few designed rollouts.
I just think he'd be so much more productive on designed rollouts. I believe there was a quote from last year stating to the effect of "Mitch plays better after he's been hit a couple of times." I don't think he'll ever be a great pocket passer and last year seems like a fluke.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
speechless.gif

They are starting slow. I think all parties have been very transparent that they haven't liked the way the offense has performed.

Let's measure them on how they respond, not what has already happened. It's a long season and they are 1-1 despite playing fairly poorly on offense.

He also has a full season of fairly good offensive play, so let's not overreact.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He also has a full season of fairly good offensive play, so let's not overreact.

At best I would say average, but I actually lean towards below average last season.

Not horrible, not the worst certainly but about 18 - 20 ish in the league. I think "good" is a reach.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
At best I would say average, but I actually lean towards below average last season.

Not horrible, not the worst certainly but about 18 - 20 ish in the league. I think "good" is a reach.

Agreed 100%. As discussed multiple times, there was a "shock" factor with Nagy, coming after Fox. We certainly caught teams off guard.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

Well, last season they ranked 9th in points scored. I now this factors how well the defense played. In contrast the year before with similar pieces on offense and defense the team was ranked 29th.

Average might be accurate, but they certainly were not below average.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well, last season they ranked 9th in points scored. I now this factors how well the defense played. In contrast the year before with similar pieces on offense and defense the team was ranked 29th.

Average might be accurate, but they certainly were not below average.
Once again an Eagles fan is the voice of reason to many of your hyperbolic knee jerk reacting after two fucking weeks.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
speechless.gif

They are starting slow. I think all parties have been very transparent that they haven't liked the way the offense has performed.

Let's measure them on how they respond, not what has already happened. It's a long season and they are 1-1 despite playing fairly poorly on offense.

Eagles fan has to be voice of reason on a Chicago Bears board lol