Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Cleaner look, easier to format your postings, feedback system allows for more options and is tracked in your User CP. Great work!
It will be even better soon..

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cleaner look, easier to format your postings, feedback system allows for more options and is tracked in your User CP. Great work!

Positivity is frowned upon on this forum. Please take it elsewhere.

:)

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since all the other site update threads are locked I'll ask here: Is Tapatalk gonna be available for this board or not?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since all the other site update threads are locked I'll ask here: Is Tapatalk gonna be available for this board or not?

To the best of my knowledge, there are still too many compatibility issues between the software this site runs now and Tapatalk for it to happen, but never say never.

Even if Tapatalk gets their act together...you will be losing a lot of features in reactions and the notification system. Embeded stuff like videos or tweets may never display properly.

So I guess the best answer is still "Not at this time", but if I can be brutally honest...this is similar to asking how can you hookup your Betamax to the 4K Ultra HD flat screen television you bought last month.

It may be possible, but why bother?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
To the best of my knowledge, there are still too many compatibility issues between the software this site runs now and Tapatalk for it to happen, but never say never.

Even if Tapatalk gets their act together...you will be losing a lot of features in reactions and the notification system. Embeded stuff like videos or tweets may never display properly.

So I guess the best answer is still "Not at this time", but if I can be brutally honest...this is similar to asking how can you hookup your Betamax to the 4K Ultra HD flat screen television you bought last month.

It may be possible, but why bother?
There are features of Tapatalk I like - notifications when someone quotes you, an easier time finding threads in various forums or a simple timeline showing latest posts / new threads in order by newest. It's just smoother on an Android phone, and I've been posting less since the update (not that anyone cares about that including me).

That said, it was never a huge deal. I just wanted to know since it was promised at one point.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are features of Tapatalk I like - notifications when someone quotes you, an easier time finding threads in various forums or a simple timeline showing latest posts / new threads in order by newest. It's just smoother on an Android phone, and I've been posting less since the update (not that anyone cares about that including me).

That said, it was never a huge deal. I just wanted to know since it was promised at one point.

I am just confused because all of the features you just listed are available with this new software without the need of a third party app like Tapatalk.

I understand if you are still using it for other MBs and you like having access to all your MBs in one place, but notifications tell you when your post has been quoted, there is a one click option to see threads with new posts, and the navigation is just as smooth as Tapatalk.

All that said...we are just waiting for Tapatalk to come up with a plug-in that works and it may happen yet. I do hate hearing it is causing you to post less, but I have to wonder if you have given the new format a proper once over.

If there are any of the features above you are not seeing....I would have no issue playing tutor. It may be helpful to put together a tutorial thread for our veterans that we do not want to alienate just because they were unsure where to locate certain menus or preferences.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

At the moment, no. This version of Xenforo is not compatible with TapaTalk.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the moment, no. This version of Xenforo is not compatible with TapaTalk.

After seeing the original inquiry from @DrGonzo ...I bounced around on some XF boards. They apparently have been beta testing a plug-in for Tapatalk the past few months, but results have been dismal at best. It probably did not help that the thread kept devolving into "Tapatalk sucks" talk, but it just looks like there will never be a clean translation. Even something as simple as embedding a Tweet just comes out as garbled nonsense when Tapatalk tries to convert. It may materialize yet, but it is going to take Tapatalk making the effort over a bunch XF people half-heartily trying to make it happen.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's all good, thanks for at least looking into it.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tapatalk has always been a shit interface anyways. Most of these new boards are mobile friendly enough.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
When Tapatalk had competition from XDA in early stages, they dumped a ton of resources into poaching developers from their competitor to sink them. Now they just dumped those guys to the side, and they moved on because of it.

Yeah, good riddance. It may take a few more years before all maintained forum suites are mobile friendly and sites migrate, but Tapatalk pretty much dug their own grave.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No. Def not true. He got the gift basket. And the conversion came from the video ad that everyone likes to complain about.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No. Def not true. He got the gift basket. And the conversion came from the video ad that everyone likes to complain about.

Nobody was serious that Rush took the money. And nobody "likes" to complain about the vid ad. In fact, most dislike complaining about it, as much as they dislike the ad itself. And it's the ad that annoys, not you. So nothing personal.

I'm liking the new digs, so all is swell with Rush taking money from the gift basket fund to upgrade the site. Except that f***ing ad!

Last edited by a moderator:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nobody was serious that Rush took the money. And nobody "likes" to complain about the vid ad. In fact, most dislike complaining about it, as much as they dislike the ad itself. And it's the ad that annoys, not you. So nothing personal.

I'm liking the new digs, so all is swell with Rush taking money from the gift basket fund to upgrade the site. Except that f***ing ad!
Half that Jon Gruden money went to the Favorite Teams feature, so use it.

Last edited by a moderator: