A.J. Green

msadows

Liked Posts:
Would you want him if the Bengals let him walk?

If healthy, obviously.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
No thanks. He’s often injured, getting older, and will take up way too much cap. Maybe if he was 24 yrs old.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is a really nice target though.

His arms/hands are exceptional!

In some ways he is too much the same type of X guy that Robinson is, A.Brown would look much better, or anyone legit to stretch the field that is bigger than Gabriel. Any burner FA's?

Anyway, lets not start thinking the Bears are too good for A.J. Green just yet.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Love him when he is on the field.

The problem is, he is never on the field.

We already have our "X" receiver in Robinson as well and I personally feel just from watching the NFL that when you bring two big "X" receivers together with similar styles, you rarely get the results you expect. You need some diversity.

discplayer

Liked Posts:

In some ways he is too much the same type of X guy that Robinson is, A.Brown would look much better, or anyone legit to stretch the field that is bigger than Gabriel. Any burner FA's?

I know of someone who can stretch the field, is WAY bigger than Gabriel, AND he’s already on the team — C. Patterson! Even if throwing to him only once in a while, but Nagy never seems to use his size and speed in that way. It’s baffling!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kinda putting the cart before the horse here, huh? The Bears aren't weak at the wr position. They're weak at the QB position.
@Chris Sojka tells me that they only help Mitch Trubisky has on offense is a bum WR with a previously torn ACL. Everyone else sucks and is holding Mitch back.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

The last WR i'd want on this team is A.Brown. I put a players character and how he gets along with his teammates and coaches over what kind of player he is.

I'd rather pay for Robby Anderson over either one of AB or AG.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
AJ cant stay on the field. No thanks.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
He's the type of player that you love for the 5-6 games a year where he's 100% healthy, but then spend most of the season wishing he wasn't hurt/banged up/out.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
In theory it makes sense but he won’t be cheap and there are availability question marks

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
@Chris Sojka tells me that they only help Mitch Trubisky has on offense is a bum WR with a previously torn ACL. Everyone else sucks and is holding Mitch back.
Yeah, he's a strange fella who sees what he wants to see. Arob did surprise even me though by coming back as strong as he has. if you can get 1100 yards with a Mitch Trubisky, you can get over 1500 with a decent QB.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's the type of player that you love for the 5-6 games a year where he's 100% healthy, but then spend most of the season wishing he wasn't hurt/banged up/out.
This was what I thought too but looking it up he's only missed games in 3 out of 8 seasons. Feels like he's out every year for some reason...

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
This was what I thought too but looking it up he's only missed games in 3 out of 8 seasons. Feels like he's out every year for some reason...
4/8, but he also plays in a lot of games with nagging injuries, where he has significantly limited snap count relative to what you would expect a #1 WR would have.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Green won't go to a QB nightmare anywhere. He has a team of people to come to a smart decision. That won't be the Bears with Trubs and A-Rob.

I think you guys are selling Green's talent short...the guy is still virtually unstoppable when healthy. You want to convert third downs or not?

But he will go to New England, Vegas, Houston, Baltimore, Buffalo...somebody with an ascending team and a surefire QB. I'd bet on Houston or Baltimore winning the sweepstakes as the fit is nice and gets a prime outlet to a young QB who doesn't "need" him to be what he was.

Put the Falcons in the mix as he went to Georgia, and have a 5000 yard QB and other WR weapons, moving Ridley to the slot. He is from South Carolina...but I don't think Panthers have an ideal QB situation currently. If they retained Cam Newton put them in the mix to pry him home.

If Falcons lost Hooper, then Green would be a nice band-aid and be tough to stop Julio/Green/Ridley

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Green won't go to a QB nightmare anywhere. He has a team of people to come to a smart decision. That won't be the Bears with Trubs and A-Rob.

I think you guys are selling Green's talent short...the guy is still virtually unstoppable when healthy. You want to convert third downs or not?

But he will go to New England, Vegas, Houston, Baltimore, Buffalo...somebody with an ascending team and a surefire QB. I'd bet on Houston or Baltimore winning the sweepstakes as the fit is nice and gets a prime outlet to a young QB who doesn't "need" him to be what he was.

Put the Falcons in the mix as he went to Georgia, and have a 5000 yard QB and other WR weapons, moving Ridley to the slot. He is from South Carolina...but I don't think Panthers have an ideal QB situation currently. If they retained Cam Newton put them in the mix to pry him home.
Who is selling his talent short? We are selling his health short...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who is selling his talent short? We are selling his health short...
If I had a warm weather or dome team I would love to bring him in and take that chance. His talent is too great to pass if healthy. He has one of the best wide receiver physiques in NFL history.

Come to think of it, the Vikings are missing a player like him. Diggs is unhappy, and Green would look good across from either Diggs or Thielen and Cousins would benifit from the variety. Vikings or Packers will get him before we do, even Detroit.

He ain't coming here.

danchi23

Liked Posts:
If healthy then yes bring him in even if we know he will play 8-12 games a season that can be a bigger bargain, but again WR is not a weakness prefer using that money towards the line.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It begins and ends with the OLINE. Trubisky passer rating is right around 100 when they can get one of their running backs to get at least 50 individual rushing yards.