A Truely Skilled Leader With Intangibles

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Is the key to SUCCESS at anything in life.

The people in life who have studied learned and demonstrate the skills of leadership while holding the important intangibles of morality, strong work ethic, desire to serve and help others, etc etc are the most SUCCESSFUL - always progressing always accomplishing their goals - even in failure they win.

Talent while important, as long as yours meets a minimum threshold for your desired course, is SECONDARY to SUCCESS.

I don't know these QBs personally but from a far outside perspective Watson had these traits in abundance. Because of this barring a circumstance outside of his control (injuries mainly) will have a high level of SUCCESS in the NFL despite his weaknesses, perceived or real.

Joe Montana, Tom Brady at the highest levels are examples.

Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, David Carr are current young QBs who have these traits.

All five of these QBs had/have physical weaknesses or flaws in their game. But their strong leadership traits and intangibles overcome them without question or doubt.

Pick Watson or watch him be highly successful elsewhere.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Love Watson's attitude, his competitive nature and his attitude. He is a good leader.

The thing is, Trubisky is just as good. He just didn't have the national hoopla around him because UNC is a basketball school.

Watson didn't get to the NC game on his own. He didnt will a bunch of losers all the way there. Clemson's D was very good and blanked the Buckeyes despite Watson throwing 2 INT's. Watson did nothing in the first half against Bama but luckily Clemson didnt have to make up a whole lot of points. He was also throwing all year to the best WR in college football.

Watson is very talented guy, he may have a great career in the NFL but I am willing to bet mitch trubisky has a better career at the NFL level.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Were all the QB's you mentioned known great leaders in College? Or did some just become great leaders in the NFL. One could say that any QB can potentially become a great leader, while no QB can just become more talented in the NFL.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Watson > Trubisky. But give me either. I just want to watch the butt hurt on this board when Pace picks a QB at #3.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Watson ceiling is already reached he will not get any better in the NFL . He may excel early cause his athleticism however it will catch up with him just like rg3,kapernut , tebow all the same type of qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The people in life who have studied learned and demonstrate the skills of leadership while holding the important intangibles of morality, strong work ethic, desire to serve and help others, etc etc are the most SUCCESSFUL - always progressing always accomplishing their goals - even in failure they win.

Talent while important, as long as yours meets a minimum threshold for your desired course, is SECONDARY to SUCCESS.

I don't know these QBs personally but from a far outside perspective Watson had these traits in abundance. Because of this barring a circumstance outside of his control (injuries mainly) will have a high level of SUCCESS in the NFL despite his weaknesses, perceived or real.

Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, David Carr are current young QBs who have these traits.

All five of these QBs had/have physical weaknesses or flaws in their game. But their strong leadership traits and intangibles overcome them without question or doubt.

Nothing wrong with Watson but... there's lots of QBs with good leadership skills that don't make it big in the NFL. Premise is severely flawed. That said, seems like this year's better group of QBs are all guys you'd like in a huddle.:hi5: I don't discount the importance but it's not a big differentiation this year. It matter and is why I didn't want Cook but it's just part of a package.

Is Watson a good leader and a guy to pull out a game late, you bet. Is Trubisky the same type of player, you bet. He lost his bowl game but did more than enough for a spectacular comeback. He had a few drops on some truly great throws. Kizer has been the reason ND has stayed competitive this season, took a licking and kept on ticking. All are liked by their mates and good people off the field.

This group will be judged by their skill sets.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too bad there is no way to gauge the "it" factor. There is always the "how does he handle big money/fame" intangible as well. To me this is where great coaching staffs are separated. The ability to not only identify these great talents, but also the ability to get the most out those players and keep them focused/grounded.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree we have done the guy who looks like a QB with Cutler.

I am okay giving it a try with a guy who actually is a QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm really not worried about that with the top 3 guys. I don't think any of them will be adversely affected by their status.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Well stated. Two years in a row, the guy took on the best college football team in the country and played great. To me, that says a lot about Watson. He has the "IT" factor. Alabama had future NFL players all over their defense and Watson put them on their heels.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is this a Trubisky propoganda site?

Fake News!!!

I'm in the Trubs/Kizer out of the league in 5 camp.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its cool you guys found that North Carolina offense but for real give it a rest.

That offense is extremely QB friendly. I don't know what Watson can be. His ceiling is beyond Russell Wilson. He is a larger faster stronger prototype of the player Wilson is.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its cool you guys found that North Carolina offense but for real give it a rest.

That offense is extremely QB friendly. I don't know what Watson can be. His ceiling is beyond Russell Wilson. He is a larger faster stronger prototype of the player Wilson is.

This, right here, is what's going to get you checked into an insane asylum.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson ceiling is already reached he will not get any better in the NFL . He may excel early cause his athleticism however it will catch up with him just like rg3,kapernut , tebow all the same type of qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is just not true. Watson is a much better passer than either Tebow or RG3. All three are/were terrific athletes, but Watson makes throws that the other two guys just could not do accurately. He does need to improve in not forcing the ball as much as he does but that is coachable and he is certainly smart enough to listen to good coaches.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
It doesn't necessarily matter when you learn or grow into a great leader. Sometimes it happens early in life, sometimes later in life when you begin to realize the importance. The fact Watson demonstrates these traits at such a young age is even more impressive.

I know recently both Wilson and Prescott were talked about by their peers and teammates and by scouts as having these traits in spades.

I think too Brady was seen as a good leader at Michigan.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:

Tim Tebow is probably the best leader in CFB history so....

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Is this an anti-Cutler rant?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Tim Tebow is probably the best leader in CFB history so....

Tim Tebow is also the only person I've seen in recent history literally will his team to a win at the professional level. Not that that means squat, but his leadership did carry over into the pros.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Wilson was a 1st round pick in a 3rd round body and could always toss the rock better than Watson has to date.