Liked Posts:
thanks, Professor Hawking

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He fucking sucks. It’s that simple.

Yep. His quality of opposition in school was so low that it was hard to judge how he'd be in the NFL. He's out of his depth. Just a whiff, it happens.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did he write a booka "Poetry" or sumthin ?

.....ya know....in response to shaheen-thoughts, the original title EVERYBODY

Last edited:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Subjective memory here, but he sure seemed to go down easy after a catch, sometimes without any contact. Hope he steps it up, and needs to stay healthy first. Anything out of him at this point is late blooming bonus to me. Wish the big guy the best.

Still better than an overpaid TE that most fans felt was less of a liability on the bench/IR.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But is he better than a second round pick who concusses himself while catching an endzone fade? DUD!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yep. His quality of opposition in school was so low that it was hard to judge how he'd be in the NFL. He's out of his depth. Just a whiff, it happens.
I’m a Ryan Pace guy but I believe the exact words out of my mouth after we picked him in the second were “so we’re just drafting random dudes off the street now aren’t we?”

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
So you wouldn't say the reality of Shaheen has been his injury history has been a big part of why we don't have enough to go off of to predict what a healthy Shaheen could do? I think that's the reality of Shaheen.

His injuries are a primary cause of his epic fail in terms of production, but his crap route-running and complete lack of ability to separate when he was healthy is why he is and will continue to be a bust.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Honestly think there is a 50% chance he gets cut....esp if he gets "dinged" in the preseason or shows absolutely nothing.

If everyone is healthy and the udfa from utah st shows well i could easily see us keeping:

Burton
Braunecker
Sowell
Raymond
Richardson (ps)

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
His injuries are a primary cause of his epic fail in terms of production, but his crap route-running and complete lack of ability to separate when he was healthy is why he is and will continue to be a bust.
Are we talking about Kevin White or the TD machine that is Shaheen? His new name could be Adam TDmachiheen.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah for me i'm just not sure how anyone saw enough of his routes to judge him. I mean he hasn't run many routes and most of the routes he has ran weren't even shown to see if he got seperation because they didn't throw the ball his way so just for myself i'd like to see more of him and more on a consistent basis and not just playing 1 game and then missing 3-4 games because of injury or playing in a game but not getting any targets and then playing in the next game with 2 targets. Nobody has seen enough of him in actual games to make any solid prediction. Most are just mad that we spent such a high pick on him so they just go straight to calling him a bust but really haven't seen enough of him to say that. I get it and i'm mad we spent a 2nd round pick on him as well but i also understand that i can't judge something that's really been mostly unseen up to this point. It doesn't look good for him becoming a legit weapon for us like we drafted him to be but i'll wait and hope this season he stays healthy and gets a real shot to show what he can do before i predict exactly what he is.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

I think his injuries are due to the fact that he doesn't have the athleticism to play at the NFL level. Kind of like Grasu, but more like Rex Grossman. I remember Grossman injuring himself while dropping back to pass, tripping over his own feet, then fracturing his wrist after putting out his hand to break his fall. From what little I've seen of Shaheen, it looks like he's always going to have durability issues. He's like a building collapsing when he's tackled.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So far I agree with Rory but I still think he has 7 TDs this year. He really does need to get lower when running.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Better than AntMill being the Shaheen of WRs. I actually expect a lot of clutch from AntMill and Shaheen this season. The issues are more about health and whether they can become more prolific. I think if that Miller is allowed to break his routes a bit and Mitch gets used to him, drives will be hard to stop. Miller being forced into wrote routes devalues him a little. I get that it was needed last year but a bit a creativity is what may help him become special if it's there.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He baffles me, because he will show some very good athletic ability in the preseason, and then seems to turn into Frankenstein during the regular season.

I'm hoping that he has a break out year, but I think the Kellen Davis comparison, just might be spot on.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He baffles me, because he will show some very good athletic ability in the preseason, and then seems to turn into Frankenstein during the regular season.

I'm hoping that he has a break out year, but I think the Kellen Davis comparison, just might be spot on.
I think he's a "soft athlete". I remember when he was drafted I talked about how his body fat% etc was terrible yet he still showed amazing athletic ability in drills so the hope was to get him into an NFL caliber S&C program and he'd take off and there was an amazing diamond in the rough/baby fat there. Seems like he's just a guy who is a great natural athlete but doesn't have the genetics or natural ability to strengthen his body correctly, add muscle, drop fat, etc. it happens.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think he's a "soft athlete". I remember when he was drafted I talked about how his body fat% etc was terrible yet he still showed amazing athletic ability in drills so the hope was to get him into an NFL caliber S&C program and he'd take off and there was an amazing diamond in the rough/baby fat there. Seems like he's just a guy who is a great natural athlete but doesn't have the genetics or natural ability to strengthen his body correctly, add muscle, drop fat, etc. it happens.
And in College and on drills, he can show off, but struggles when competing against athletes that do have that NFL level strength. Maybe that is why he looks good in preseason.....

Still hoping he is a late bloomer, he is 24 so he is still young enough to bounce back, but I think this is a critical year for him.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Adam has run out of real estate....if he is going to make this team (53) he will need to have an exceptional camp. He has to show up.................or shove off....

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
This year (for me anyway) will determine if he's a bust or not.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Yeah for me i'm just not sure how anyone saw enough of his routes to judge him. I mean he hasn't run many routes and most of the routes he has ran weren't even shown to see if he got seperation because they didn't throw the ball his way so just for myself i'd like to see more of him and more on a consistent basis and not just playing 1 game and then missing 3-4 games because of injury or playing in a game but not getting any targets and then playing in the next game with 2 targets. Nobody has seen enough of him in actual games to make any solid prediction. Most are just mad that we spent such a high pick on him so they just go straight to calling him a bust but really haven't seen enough of him to say that. I get it and i'm mad we spent a 2nd round pick on him as well but i also understand that i can't judge something that's really been mostly unseen up to this point. It doesn't look good for him becoming a legit weapon for us like we drafted him to be but i'll wait and hope this season he stays healthy and gets a real shot to show what he can do before i predict exactly what he is.

It's another Shea McCLellin situation, some of us can see he lacks the athleticism and skills to ball out and he's going to be selling insurance for a living within 2-3 years, and others choose to disregard what they can plainly see with their own eyes.