Addison Russell is gone; Cubs make moves

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Tim Anderson just won the American League batting title with a 2.9 walk rate.

sometimes it is worth it.

Nico took 3 walks in 82 at bats, thats a little ahead of 2.9, but also drove in 17 runs.

I am not a fan of the superstars walking when they need to drive the ball somewhere and get runs across the plate or the pocket protector guys demanding players taking walks. He has the mindset of Theriot, he is small, not the fastest guy, so just serving the ball where there are no defenders is a pretty good definition of a leadoff hitter, whether he gets there by taking a walk or hitting the baseball.

Starlin Castro started out as a great SS also.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Starlin Castro started out as a great SS also.

What does this have to do with the current conversation? Starlin Castro was the best we had. I do not think he ever played shortstop again. LEt me correct myself, he played 20 innings in his Yankee time and 18 in Miami.

If you are basing this on walks, he has walked 309 times in 6170 plate appearances. I am not a mathmetician, but I believe that comes down to about 5.0%,

Javy has walked 121 times in 2473 plate appearances. Hate to break it, but that ends up at .489%

That is what you are basing it all on? No good unless you can take walks?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What does this have to do with the current conversation? Starlin Castro was the best we had. I do not think he ever played shortstop again. LEt me correct myself, he played 20 innings in his Yankee time and 18 in Miami.

If you are basing this on walks, he has walked 309 times in 6170 plate appearances. I am not a mathmetician, but I believe that comes down to about 5.0%,

Javy has walked 121 times in 2473 plate appearances. Hate to break it, but that ends up at .489%

That is what you are basing it all on? No good unless you can take walks?

The point is.

Starlin was concidered a great SS when he started also.

I really don't understand why you did not get the connection.

Both are high contact types. Some power and some speed. Starlin regressed and did not have a good plate disapline to back up his numbers as he got older.

Javy has GG D and 30-40 HR power. That over rides a poor plate approach. But if those erode with age he might end up in the same boat.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cole signed with Atlanta today. 1 year $18 million.

kerrywoodwins20

Harvey Weinstein's Biggest Fan
Liked Posts:
Please do not take this the wrong way, but I had an argument with my friend about Russell so I want to clarify something and thought I'd come here since someone is bound to know this answer.

Has there been any physical proof that Addison Russell beat his wife or abused her physically in any way? I'll take anything in the form of physical proof.

I'd say there's a 95% chance he probably did based off the information we have, but an immature woman catching an immature man, both in their 20's, of cheating on her with dozens of women, snapping and accusing him of stuff he didn't do is not exactly the wildest story in the world, and it's something that has absolutely happened before in human history.

I just am curious if any physical proof has been leaked or released to the public. Or if we are just assuming a woman would never lie about this.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The point is.

Starlin was concidered a great SS when he started also.

I really don't understand why you did not get the connection.

Both are high contact types. Some power and some speed. Starlin regressed and did not have a good plate disapline to back up his numbers as he got older.

Javy has GG D and 30-40 HR power. That over rides a poor plate approach. But if those erode with age he might end up in the same boat.

I did not get the connection because you were talking about Nico's walk rate and I dont think anyone in baseball considers Nico a great shortstop, he has no arm. There have been alot of references to get Starlin back to play 2B, but if Javy's walk rate is too bad, then starlins is just as bad, so why not give Nico a chance and accept what you might lose in the service time shuffle that has been pulling at the short hairs of Bryant for 4 years now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I did not get the connection because you were talking about Nico's walk rate and I dont think anyone in baseball considers Nico a great shortstop, he has no arm. There have been alot of references to get Starlin back to play 2B, but if Javy's walk rate is too bad, then starlins is just as bad, so why not give Nico a chance and accept what you might lose in the service time shuffle that has been pulling at the short hairs of Bryant for 4 years now.

And I have posted that Bote should be the favored with Nico fighting for 2B.

Bote: .257/.362/.422
Nico: .282/.305/.436

But in the minors: .292/.349/.403

I believe he needs more seasoning as he was over matched as a body of work against MLB pitching.