Akiem Hicks regression

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all saw how the defense was impacted with the absence of Hicks. How much longer can he play at a high level?

For some reason i fee like he is going to regress a lot this next year. He’ll be turning 31 and coming off that injury. Honestly i thought his play had regressed prior to the injury last year even.

I’m bored and haven't heard anyone talk about this.

msadows

Liked Posts:
We all saw how the defense was impacted with the absence of Hicks. How much longer can he play at a high level?

For some reason i fee like he is going to regress a lot this next year. He’ll be turning 31 and coming off that injury. Honestly i thought his play had regressed prior to the injury last year even.

Where do you get this? He essentially played 4 games last year and had 9 pressures. He got hurt real early(I think drive 1 or 2) in the Oakland Raiders game.

He had 29 pressures in 2018. He had 9 alone in a little over 4 games in 2019. He may have not beat the sack count he had in 18, but his pressures still were there.

Obviously he could decline, but when he was healthy last season he still wrecked shit.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where do you get this? He essentially played 4 games last year and had 9 pressures. He got hurt real early(I think drive 1 or 2) in the Oakland Raiders game.

He had 29 pressures in 2018. He had 9 alone in a little over 4 games in 2019. He may have not beat the sack count he had in 18, but his pressures still were there.

Obviously he could decline, but when he was healthy last season he still wrecked shit.

I wasn’t basing it off of stats....I just remember thinking that last year prior to him getting hurt.

i’m just your typical pessimistic bears fan

msadows

Liked Posts:
I wasn’t basing it off of stats....I just remember thinking that last year prior to him getting hurt.

i’m just your typical pessimistic bears fan

Obviously regression is bound to happen, but I don't think it will be drastic.

Akiem's game translates more to playing at an older age as long as he doesn't get injured. He mostly players with power and technique. It's the speed guys who usually decline quickly.

I'd say 9 pressures in 4 games is legit tho. Who knows what will happen next year tho.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

Yep football players age in dog years. Once you hit the big 3-0 age bracket, particularly in the trenches guys performance is going to go down alongisde an uptick in injuries. It's just the lay of the land.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

This one time where I COMPLETELY agree with you...

I'm 42. Will be 43 this year. If he's turning 31(oh the horror!)...He's going to be just fine....lol...

BEARS

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Akiem Hicks regression.........:rolleyes:

I've got NO problem with Akiem or anyone else on our 'D'. The numbers show our Bears 'D' brought IT for the past 3 yrs,
They've more than exceeded expectations. They've consistently produced. The Bears 'D' has kept teams under 21pts,
for 3 yrs, str8.

The problem is that our 'O' can't consistently put up at least 3TDS per game to help our 'D' ?

Attachments

• 1584314026991.png
    1584314026991.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 1584314148193.png
    1584314148193.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 1584315022959.png
    1584315022959.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 2