First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I really hope we're able to find a trade down partner in the 2nd. Two picks in the top 4 rounds is not enough.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I really hope we're able to find a trade down partner in the 2nd. Two picks in the top 4 rounds is not enough.

yeah, problem is...everyone knows that’s the situation the bears are in. Pace gonna get played, I’m sure

msadows

Liked Posts:
yeah, problem is...everyone knows that’s the situation the bears are in. Pace gonna get played, I’m sure

TBH, I hope they don't. I'm not so sure its the "smart move".

There should be plenty of partners, this is a year where there are going to be first round talents at WR/IOL/OT and possibly Safety sitting there at 43.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
We know that connections matter for this coaching staff and that they value prior connections. I think this could be even more valuable in a disrupted draft season.

He is the all connections off season.

2[43] WR K.J Hamler [Penn State] 5'9" 178lbs.

The Bears need speed on offense and they need it badly. Last season they generated next to no YAC yards and hardly an explosive plays and while part of that is on Trubisky, it is also on a lack of speed and big play ability on offense. Hamler is incredibly fast. I mean next level fast. He would add a speed dynamic to the offense that the Chiefs have and the Bears lack. His ability in the open field is incredible to watch. He may not be able to play full time on the edge as he was in the slot a lot at Penn State, but he can be moved around and used as a weapon like Hill and a Hardamen in KC. Bill Lazor spent last season on the Penn State coaching staff which could provide valuable insight as Hamler has not been able to work out.

kj-hamler-tempest.jpg

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[50] [400] to the Miami Dolphins for 2[56], 4[144] [395.5]

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[56] [340] to the Washington Redskins for 3[66] and 4[108] [338]

3[66] OG Ben Bresedon [Michigan] 6'5" 316lbs.

The Bears need someone who can come in and compete at RG in camp and someone who could be the long term solution at the position. Bresedon was coached last season by Juan Castillo and that relationship may be valuable in speeding up the learning curve for him. Bresedon is a big, heavy handed, lunch pale RG who is a solid pass protector and a high effort run blocker. With his advanced technique and starting experience he should be able to come in and compete right away.

BBZneHi.img

4[108] S J.R Reed [Georgia] 6'1" 202lbs, 4.54 [40], 15 reps, 34" vert, 10'10" broad

The Bear are taking a volume approach to the safety position and they should continue to add to the spot and give themselves the maximum number of options in camp. Reed fills a need as well as takes care of Ryan Pace's need to draft someone from Georgia. He is productive, 54 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 7 PD and can likely play both safety spots.

JRReed_2019_1.jpg

4[144] OLB Alex Highsmith [Charlotte] 6'3" 252lbs.

No direct connection here, but the 4th round is where Pace seems most comfortable taking a swing on small school guys. Highsmith has solid size and athletic ability. He dominated a lower level of competition and should add a rotational boost to the pass rush. Pace has also made a ton of picks from the South East and that seems to be a scouting area he relies heavily on.

eAD8WBcxdVEA6___TWS0ew5OO4EDuU-vxXWHiPsZAlWO10-3n4AH_yWafOc-oWnCgt9LqmPBlsYSauziEW5VKwUYYgx15IjiCvNG43NOhuHJ1evxNbyYckMh-v64szokO4kqDrw

5[163] OT Charlie Heck [UNC] 6'8" 311lbs, 34" arms, 5.16 [40], 21 reps, 28" vert

Charlie Heck is a versatile OT who has played LT and RT while at UNC. He has great size for the position, solid athletic ability, and comes from NFL bloodlines as his dad was a 1st round pick and is currently the OL coach for the Chiefs. Nagy knows Heck well as he coached with his dad for 5 years. Heck fills a need for the Bears as the swing OT and someone who can compete at OT. In the NFL he seems like more of a RT, but there are tools here to work with.

6_7644401.jpg

6[196] CB Harrison Hand [Temple] 5'11" 197lbs. 4.52 [40], 14 reps, 41" vert, 11'1" broad

Defensive quality control coach Ronnell Johnson was a DB coach at Temple for part of Hand's career and that should give the Bears some insight into an intriguing athlete who is still smoothing out some rough edges as a CB. The Bears are clearly going cheap at CB2 and they need to give themselves options. At a minimum Hand brings top level athletic tools to develop.

ERA3bOgVUAAEdP-.jpg

6[202] TE Nigel Kilby [Southern Illinois] 6'8" 254lbs, 4.72 [40], 18 reps, 34.5" vert, 10'6" broad

The Bears need to take a swing at developing a TE and Kirby is a local product that the Bears got an up close look at before the Pro Days were shut down. Kilby is a gigantic, athletic TE who is in need of a ton of developmental work. The Bears do not need him in 2019, this is about trying to make him into something in 2020.

VRkeFEIj_400x400.jpg

7[226] OLB Cameron Brown [Penn St] 6'5" 232lbs, 4.72, 16 reps, 35.5" vert, 10'3" broad

Pace likes to double dip, he has some inside information from Penn State, and he needs to add more to the LB core. Brown is a big, long, athletic LB, that is so raw and positionless that the Bears are taking a major developmental swing. Brown should move to OLB and work on his pass rush, which he has flashed before, as he fills out his frame. At a minimum he can probably make the team as a swing backup and core special teams player.

bmartin_nfl-draft_dallas-cowboys-2020-7-round-mock-draft-post-nfl-combine-edition-2.jpg

7[233] RB Reggie Corbin [Illinois] 5'10" 200lbs.

This was a surprising non-combine invite and someone that Shane Toub worked with at Illinois. Corbin would add some speed to the backfield, with better size than Cohen, he could take over as RB2 and someone who can take some carries away from Montgomery and keep the Bears from grinding him into the ground. Corbin has the long speed that Montgomery does not.

USATSI_11589194-718x490.jpg
In all honesty, this is why i like debating with you so much! You get what I’m saying. I was thinking Jake Hansen, from Oregon, in the third from a trade back. But, we are on the same page.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Hamler's draft comp is tavon austin....i think other than percy harvin we have to ask ourselves how many of these little quick dudes have really had dominated for years?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He doesn't compare to Percy Harvin. Harvin was 5-11 and 192 pounds which is still bigger than Hamler who is 5-9 and 178. Austin is the comp because he was 5-8 and 174. When you under 6 foot and 200 pounds in the NFL those 2 inches and 14 pounds is a pretty big difference IMO.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think Hamler also provides value in the short, screen and crossing game.

But I agree with your point. He would be a waste with Mitch, but I expect we will see very little of Mitch.

See, I feel the opposite on Hamler. I don't think he helps much in the short and screen game because while he is shifty, he's just too damn small. I can't think of anyone under 180lbs who is great after the catch. I think he'll just take too many hits in the short game. Not a huge fan of his game in general, but I know I'm in the minority there.

That being said, I really like this mock a lot (outside of Hamler) and it makes a ton of sense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hamler to me physically profiles a lot like Hollywood Brown from last season.

Luke

Liked Posts:
See, I feel the opposite on Hamler. I don't think he helps much in the short and screen game because while he is shifty, he's just too damn small. I can't think of anyone under 180lbs who is great after the catch. I think he'll just take too many hits in the short game. Not a huge fan of his game in general, but I know I'm in the minority there.

That being said, I really like this mock a lot (outside of Hamler) and it makes a ton of sense.

obviously, he's the Reid system version of Hill/Hardman (both 5'10 and about 185) and Gabriel (5'7, 168) which I would think Nagy desires.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
WINDY IS THE TRADE DOWN KING. LOVES TO THROW SHIT AGAINST THE WALL AND SEE WHAT STICKS

HEY WINDY, IT'S ABOUT BETTER PLAYERS NOT MORE PLAYERS

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
WINDY IS THE TRADE DOWN KING. LOVES TO THROW SHIT AGAINST THE WALL AND SEE WHAT STICKS

HEY WINDY, IT'S ABOUT BETTER PLAYERS NOT MORE PLAYERS

The draft isn’t an exact science where the best players go first.

Look at Pace’s picks in the top 10.

Pace is a mediocre GM he needs as many picks as possible and hope to hit with volume.

Luke

Liked Posts:
If both were available and he took Hamler over J.R I'd legit stop watching the bears.

lol, sure you will. You have seen numerous bears draft selections which you didn't agree with yet you keep following.
You're a Bears fan which means you're a glutton for punishment.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The draft isn’t an exact science where the best players go first.

Look at Pace’s picks in the top 10.

Pace is a mediocre GM he needs as many picks as possible and hope to hit with volume.
EVEN YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THE PROBABILITY OF OBTAINING A BETTER PLAYER HAPPENS THE HIGHER YOU DRAFT. IT'S A FACT.\

STOP THROWING SHIT AGAINST THE WALL, DRAFT ROOKIE

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Hamler is the worst pass catcher of these WRs, 16% drop rate! and has trouble tracking deep balls. Hamler won’t make a fucking difference at all. Just more drops and short passes that go nowhere but concussion protocol.