All-star Game

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thoughts?

I kinda soured when I saw Jonathan Quick made the team. Thats a red flag that their selection process is a sham. Terrible. Guy has been terrible this year. He isn't even the best goaltender on his own team of bad goaltending this year.

So I wasn't surprised to see a similar situation with Rinne taken over Lehner.

And then the other quick note I got is Gallant is the Pacific coach. lol. Nice.

Well done NHL. I think I'll pass.

If the players are going to play for money, then the players should select who they want to go to battle with.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not a fan of the 3-3 divisional format (Bring back either the previous Stanley cup winner vs. the rest of the league all-stars or North America vs. the rest of the world), But I have to say the last one I got excited about was the one John Scott did--mainly because it was fan-driven and completely rediculous, and also because he had a blast with it and it spread to every other player--like the "fight" between Kane and Scott.

Unfortunately I think there are members of the league and a bunch of fans with all the humor of Dr. Hook McCracken that fail to see that we, as adults, are not the audience. It's for the kids. Thus, they take it WAY more seriously than it needs to be.

Especially if they are the same type of eunuch who thinks the players shouldn't play in the Olympics because they could get hurt--and in the same breath wants the all-star game to be serious business--like determining home ice for the Stanley cup or something.

I think a completely laconic all-star game where the players just go out there, have fun, and show off their skills in a pickup-game atmosphere will ease injury concerns as well as make it fun for the kids--the real target audience.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Wow, Quick made it?! That's pretty funny.

I'll check it out if I'm at home and/or there's nothing else on, but that's about it. I kind of enjoy the skills competition more so than the actual games, but same deal: if I'm at home, I'll watch; if not, I don't care.

Granada

Liked Posts:
no, that was my mistake. Read second post. For some reason is was a bitch to find the rosters even when I wen to NHL.com

They fixed it now...and I'm shocked google would bring up 2018 roster when I asked given relevance 2 days away, but thats what happened.

No worries -- I didn't even care to look up the rosters really. NHL.com is the worst website I've ever seen.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm not a fan of the 3-3 divisional format (Bring back either the previous Stanley cup winner vs. the rest of the league all-stars or North America vs. the rest of the world), But I have to say the last one I got excited about was the one John Scott did--mainly because it was fan-driven and completely rediculous, and also because he had a blast with it and it spread to every other player--like the "fight" between Kane and Scott.

Unfortunately I think there are members of the league and a bunch of fans with all the humor of Dr. Hook McCracken that fail to see that we, as adults, are not the audience. It's for the kids. Thus, they take it WAY more seriously than it needs to be.

Especially if they are the same type of eunuch who thinks the players shouldn't play in the Olympics because they could get hurt--and in the same breath wants the all-star game to be serious business--like determining home ice for the Stanley cup or something.

I think a completely laconic all-star game where the players just go out there, have fun, and show off their skills in a pickup-game atmosphere will ease injury concerns as well as make it fun for the kids--the real target audience.
I don't mind the expansion to multiple teams, but the 3 vs. 3 is the worst. why don't they just shrink the ice too, and use a nerf puck no pads. I like a game that can highlight why these guys are so good playing the game that got them to the all-star game, not having a big long skills exhibition.

No way you'll ever get the previous cup winner to have the full team come to this for essentially an extra game, they uproad would be huge.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, pretty good Friday festivities. Kaner got booed every time he was mentioned and cheered every time he missed. I missed that puck handling adjilty deal, the passes to the little hockey nets, got fan friendly with that lauching pucks at the end, I guess they ran out of time because they said there was gonna be a three puck shootout not one.

If Lenhar was chosen as an all star, he probably would have not gone due to the goalies needing to participate in that shootout deal.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Is the ASG still 3 on 3?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm stunned that anyone watches anymore. I mean they've tried a million things and the NHL All Star game still blows. They aren't alone though....they all suck, even MLB. Why do they feel compelled to actually play a game? Just vote the appropriate players in and be done with it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kaner coast to coast off a steal.

Gets cheered for the play, before they realized who it was and booed him

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Blows players blew it for thr Central. Kaner couldnt do it himself

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Binngton and Hellubuyck were trash tonight. Although I was happy to see Kaner and MacKinnon together. Always wondered what they would do on the same line.

galaxytrash

Liked Posts:
The girls 3 on 3 yesterday was 50X better than the men's today.
Far less coasting...

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
Wow!! Did the Blues players ever suck in the 3 on 3. Do you wonder why some of the biggest stars didn't show up? It is not worth it for them to go to anymore. I loved it back in the 50s/60s when the allstars played the stanley cup champions. The only good thing about the allstar break now is time for players to rest and for injured players - a time to heal.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I tried watching the game and I had to turn it off, couldn't do it.

I caught a little of the skills competition where they shot off the platform thing -- meh, but nice seeing Kane win it; and funny seeing Hull completely muff it.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I tried watching the game and I had to turn it off, couldn't do it.

I caught a little of the skills competition where they shot off the platform thing -- meh, but nice seeing Kane win it; and funny seeing Hull completely muff it.

Same here. I fell asleep on the couch during the women's game.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, now that's entertainment for ya......

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Kaner coast to coast off a steal.

Gets cheered for the play, before they realized who it was and booed him
Blues fans are bunch of idiots, In a dream situation I would love to see the Hawks win the second wild card and play
the Blues in the first round and beat them.