Allen Robinson

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
This is a pivotal year for him. He had an elite season during his 2nd year, but since then his production has been good - not great - and affected by injuries. He has a major chance to breakout this year.

Fully recovered from his ACL, supposedly better chemistry with Mako, and the clear #1 in Nagys offense.

The bad: Nagy loves to spread the ball around and there’s no shortage of targets. After Robinson, the Bears have to feed Miller, Montgomery, Cohen, Gabriel, Burton, Wims (who I feel really needs to be fed), and wild cards Ridley and Shaheen. It’s entirely possible I left someone off this list.

The bottom line: In my opinion, if Robinson doesn’t have a monster season (1,000+ yds/8+ TDS), I think he’s a serious cut candidate next season. Along with Gabriel. That’s an extremely interesting scenario as the bears would be dealt the task of replacing 2 of their top 3 WRs.

What does that mean? Wims/Miller/Ridley have to seriously step up, or Pace has to go out and spend big at the position and/or invest a premium pick at WR.

The Bears need a huge year from Robinson. Not just for his sake, but for the Bears as well. Ideally, Robinson balls out and the Bears look to upgrade TE next season. If Robinson doesn’t dominate, the Bears will have to find not only s TE, but a #1 WR. If Robinson only puts up WR2 numbers, I don’t think you could justify paying him what he’s owed when the Bears have a number of key extensions on the horizon.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
A “monster season” for a WR in modern football is 100 rec+, 1400Yds +, and 10 tds +

Fun fact: ARob will lead the NFL in TDs!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why is it so important to have that #1 Wr if Nagy is just going to spread the ball all over the place?
It isn't. Looking at the best WRs now, none of them have a ring

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
ARob isn't going to get cut. I'm saying that and I'm not very high on him. I think his injury and made him an average WR at this point and I don't think he's going to return to the lofty numbers.

Although, there are more exceptions, ACL tears in WRs are still career diminishing. I think Pace signed him outta desperation when our best receivers were Tanner Gentry, Bellemy, Don Inman.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
so many things wrong here....

Robinson is not going to lead the league in TDs....Trubisky dishes to a lot of different players and doesn't relay on a go-to guy anywhere on the field..that also means he isn't going to get high end number 1 yards.

If Robinson stays healthy I expect around a 1000 yards......

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
ARob passes the eye test imo. He makes big plays and can consistently make the tough catch. He can RAC, catch jump balls, back shoulder throws, and sideline grabs. It’s also clear that he’s Trubisky’s favorite target.

Basically, he can do it all imo. He just doesn’t get force fed the ball in the Bears offense and never will. Which is perfectly fine.

Posters are always looking at stats and don’t seem to watch him play. That said, he did loaf a little last year imo. But I think that has more to do with Trubisky not running the offense and going through his reads. But I digress.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This offense isn’t solely fixed on ar so it’s a major flaw basing his worth on a “monster” year. They are going to spread the ball much like philly has done. Idt anyone will have eye popping stats

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s also clear that he’s Trubisky’s favorite target.

This actually isn't true. Tarik Cohen is.

Arob played 71% of the offensive snaps and Cohen played 46%..

Then subtract the plays where Cohen was a running back only,

Cohen only had 3 less targets than Arob.....Cohen, by a long shot, was Trubisky's favorite passing target.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Cohen only had 3 less targets than Arob.....Cohen, by a long shot, was Trubisky's favorite passing target.

And when the eagles took Cohen away in the playoffs the offense sputtered. It wasn’t until late in the game that trubisky and robinson took it over. In weeks where robinson sat out the offense was notably different imo.

The offense as a whole needs to take the next step next year. Trubisky is the most important part of that but robinson and Miller (and Montgomery) are a huge piece of that as well.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Except I wasn’t talking about volume of targets. Obviously the short, easy checkdowns come often. When the offense needs to make a play, like maybe 3rd down or whatever, it seems to me Mitch looks for Robinson when he has to go down the field because he can make a play on the ball. Cohen isn’t going to wrestle away many contested balls...

Let’s be honest about Cohen, he doesn’t run WR routes down the field all that often. He’s a space and matchup player, i.e. get him the ball early or let him run routes against a LB. Yes, I know he did have a couple of deep balls, but he’s not running those kind of routes much.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except I wasn’t talking about volume of targets. Obviously the short, easy checkdowns come often. When the offense needs to make a play, like maybe 3rd down or whatever, it seems to me Mitch looks for Robinson when he has to go down the field because he can make a play on the ball. Cohen isn’t going to wrestle away many contested balls...

Let’s be honest about Cohen, he doesn’t run WR routes down the field all that often. He’s a space and matchup player, i.e. get him the ball early or let him run routes against a LB. Yes, I know he did have a couple of deep balls, but he’s not running those kind of routes much.

Cohen wasn’t always a short easy check down.

In fact his yards per target was equal to Robinson. And Cohen’s yard per reception rivaled some WRs.

Robinson is supposed to be a 50/50 ball guy, but he wasn’t featured much more than Gabriel.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Cohen wasn’t always a short easy check down.

In fact his yards per target was equal to Robinson. And Cohen’s yard per reception rivaled some WRs.

Robinson is supposed to be a 50/50 ball guy, but he wasn’t featured much more than Gabriel.

He was also coming back from ACL and had to nurse his adductor for at least half the season. He also missed multiple games because of it, and I imagine that had a lot to do with why he was featured less.

Didn’t he also have a fractured rib or something that caused him to sit the week before the playoffs?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The offense will be different this year I think A rob will get fed more. I think he is a fine No.1

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
so many things wrong here....

Robinson is not going to lead the league in TDs....Trubisky dishes to a lot of different players and doesn't relay on a go-to guy anywhere on the field..that also means he isn't going to get high end number 1 yards.

If Robinson stays healthy I expect around a 1000 yards......
With good health I feel like he'll cross the 1K yard mark for sure. He's just too good not to.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
He may but I don’t think by much.
Yeah I would be surprised if he got to like 1200, but I feel he's got a great chance at 1,000. Gets open too much and is good after the catch.