Analysis: Breakdown of Trubisky's and Nagy's shortcomings in the opener

msadows

Liked Posts:
I understand trying to lay this on preseason as the primary blame here, but one needs to look to last year and the rest of the NFL this year to see that there is little correlation.

Last year we played great in the first half of the opener, this year just the opposite. No correlation there.

This year several great QB's and teams had horrible openers - Goff, Big Ben, Newton all played near the same poor level as Mitch and had preseason. Again no correlation.

The issue here is that Mitch needs to improve at a few things: timing, staying in the pocket, and not staring down his reads. The good thing is that it appears he only had these problems on a handful of plays, and appears to be breaking these habits, albeit a little slowly.

Its almost like its week 1. lol.

It would help if he had time to throw. When a DT blows up the middle at the snap not much mitch can do.

Whitehair/Daniels had a much worse game than mitch did, IMO. And we just signed dude to a 10m a year deal.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Watched plenty of football yesterday and the chiefs game had me laughing. Jax isn't a joke of a D and their entire offensive unit made jax look like a joke.

Mahomes(Up until the ankle injury) had all day to throw. Put up like 300 yards cause of it. Dudes were open , and I mean OPEN, like 5-10 yards open. The guy truly plays in a Madden offense on rookie.

This isn't taking anything away from him, cause he's great, but damn if his life isn't made easy by Reid and his supporting cast.

Told my buddy id just love to see a bears receiver take a little 7 yard slant to the house like watkins did, but that shit never happens to us.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I re-watched some of the game this morning and the OL was atrocious.

He highlights some of it in the video, but I could not get over the miscommunications and the missed blitzes and stunts. It honestly looked like they have never played together.

Daniels wasn't good and he was the best one. Leno, Whitehair, and Long should be ashamed of what they put on tape.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I re-watched some of the game this morning and the OL was atrocious.

He highlights some of it in the video, but I could not get over the miscommunications and the missed blitzes and stunts. It honestly looked like they have never played together.

Daniels wasn't good and he was the best one. Leno, Whitehair, and Long should be ashamed of what they put on tape.

I've been saying they were by far the worst out there. Plenty are blaming mitch, but I find it hard to believe any QB would have had success playing in that offense on thursday.

Aaron was geeked about the fact they had a defense, I think it was more a direct result of the bears oline playing horrible. Like beyond horrible. That was some of the worst line play I've seen in years, if it weren't for Mitch's mobility he may have been sacked as much as cutler in that giants game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've been saying they were by far the worst out there. Plenty are blaming mitch, but I find it hard to believe any QB would have had success playing in that offense on thursday.

Aaron was geeked about the fact they had a defense, I think it was more a direct result of the bears oline playing horrible. Like beyond horrible. That was some of the worst line play I've seen in years, if it weren't for Mitch's mobility he may have been sacked as much as cutler in that giants game.

After re-watching it I am shifting some of the blame I put on Mitch to the OL.

Mitch 40%
Nagy 30%
OL 30%

The screw ups in basic protection were just pathetic to watch.