Anthony Miller usage

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Notably, Cohen operated as the primary slot receiver last night, outpacing both of them and remaining on the field for 70% of offensive snaps. I guess when Nagy said "we used Cohen too much last season", he was speaking strictly as a running back.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Nagy reminds me of a manager who has no idea how to manage a bullpen. Patterson was out there way too fucking much, Cohen didn’t get a single hand off all game, David had like 6 touches, and they didn’t even run the ball once from like half way through the third to the end of the game. Just absolutely horrible personnel / game management from Nagy.

seabear

Liked Posts:
Green Bay did a pretty good job in coverage. I didn't see a lot of A. Miller getting open.

We just came out totally flat. What a pathetic performance. The best thing the Bears can do is just bury this game and move on.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Green Bay did a pretty good job in coverage. I didn't see a lot of A. Miller getting open.

We just came out totally flat. What a pathetic performance. The best thing the Bears can do is just bury this game and move on.
You didn't see him getting open because he was only on the field for 15 snaps.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nagy reminds me of a manager who has no idea how to manage a bullpen. Patterson was out there way too fucking much, Cohen didn’t get a single hand off all game, David had like 6 touches, and they didn’t even run the ball once from like half way through the third to the end of the game. Just absolutely horrible personnel / game management from Nagy.

I don't know why people want Cohen seeing handoffs anyway. Unless the play is designed to get him outside, he's useless. He's gonna take it to the outside anyway, so if a play isn't designed to get him there, he just runs away from the blocking. The use of Patterson was mind-boggling. I was wondering where Miller was. Miller is the Bears second best receiving option behind Robinson. He should be on the field for 90% of snaps. The lack of Montgomery was also ridiculous. Not attempting the FG in the 3rd. Nagy really shit the bed, worse than any player on the field. I'd say all of the offensive problems last night are seriously tied to Nagy's playcalling, and not getting them live reps in the pre-season.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patterson is a fat POS.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am surprised Miller did not separate his shoulder again. Every time he went in motion he did a swim move past the guy standing in the slot.

I dont know why you all hold this guy to such a high ceiling.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Last year Nagy fell in love with Mizzell.. it seems like Patterson, Mike Davis (though he played well) and Wims will get reps in situations they shouldn't smh

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It was the worst called offensive game by a coach in over a decade. There have been worse performances by an offense but what Nagy called last night was just horrendous. As bad as Trubisky looked, this game was 100% on Nagy.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don't know why people want Cohen seeing handoffs anyway. Unless the play is designed to get him outside, he's useless. He's gonna take it to the outside anyway, so if a play isn't designed to get him there, he just runs away from the blocking. The use of Patterson was mind-boggling. I was wondering where Miller was. Miller is the Bears second best receiving option behind Robinson. He should be on the field for 90% of snaps. The lack of Montgomery was also ridiculous. Not attempting the FG in the 3rd. Nagy really shit the bed, worse than any player on the field. I'd say all of the offensive problems last night are seriously tied to Nagy's playcalling, and not getting them live reps in the pre-season.
So even Mitch looking like a lost puppy?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was trying to keep an open mind about Patterson but in a leaugue without Kick Returns you just not only wasted 5 million in cap but created an even larger touch share issue, and let go probably a Hall and a Nall who could have some future value.

No fucking point to this idea. Waste of brain space, roster slot, money, and ill conceived to begin with.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I really think Nagy needs to focus on getting his good players the bulk of the touches. I don't care if it's predictable, spreading the ball around isn't working. Too many scrubs involved.

It reminds me of the baseball saying, "Don't get beat on your second best pitch."

And no, I'm not suggesting we return to Fox ball, but I think Trubisky would be more effective handing the ball off and taking his shots down field when they are there.

I'm just so tired of watching Cohen catching short passes and running out of bounds.

Cohen ≠ Sproles

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

Green Bay's defensive backs had to cover the surface area of a PostIt Note cuz of sheer ineptitude on Trubisky and Nagy

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I really think Nagy needs to focus on getting his good players the bulk of the touches. I don't care if it's predictable, spreading the ball around isn't working. Too many scrubs involved.

It reminds me of the baseball saying, "Don't get beat on your second best pitch."

And no, I'm not suggesting we return to Fox ball, but I think Trubisky would be more effective handing the ball off and taking his shots down field when they are there.

I'm just so tired of watching Cohen catching short passes and running out of bounds.

Cohen ≠ Sproles

And cut Sowell and bring in another real TE. I hate backroom handshake deals.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Wasn't Miller out for about two weeks with an ankle injury? Could still be less than 100%.