Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rory and Remy (and me a little bit) discussed this during the season. I think Rory and I both agreed Robinson is a great route runner and commands a lot of attention on the field.
Yup. He lacked some dynamics though mid season and why he didn't get more throws but he still got the attention.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
As long as he's used correctly, and getting as many or more yards than the other guys on his touches overall, he'll be an asset and help create some mismatches for his mates just by being on the field.
Well duh, but I am saying I doubt he will get as many or more yards than the other guys. That was my point.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
As long as he's used correctly, and getting as many or more yards than the other guys on his touches overall, he'll be an asset and help create some mismatches for his mates just by being on the field.

Miller is small and not a speed demon, Gabriel is tiny and Ridley is slow. They have other attributes but Mitch will need to be accurate and timely to get the most out of these guys.

Could we really be that stacked at wideout this season? It just seems like a mirage. If some of these stars align, we could have a very dangerous offense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well duh, but I am saying I doubt he will get as many or more yards than the other guys. That was my point.
And I disagree. He'll probably break an out at some point. He's here to keep a D guessing and Nagy will use him correctly.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think with all these receiving targets, Nagy will get too cute and not use Miller as much. I believe he could be a star in the league, just maybe not on this team.

ARob
Miller
Taylor
Ridley
Wims
Burton
Patterson
Cohen

..and that doesn't include Emanuel and Marvin Hall. Actually Emanuel Hall is still recovering from surgery, so he may not make much of an early appearance.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Outruns Deion.
He was even faster when he was with the Chargers. But nobody, and I mean nobody, has beaten Deion the way I saw Flipper Anderson beat Deion on Monday (Sunday?) Night Football. I'm talking Deion in his prime, lined up across from Flipper Anderson in press coverage, and Flipper Anderson absolutely toasted him. That was the first (and last) time I saw him get beaten like that. Unfortunately I can't find footage of that play.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Success of this offense will be exponential. More time of possession = more plays to feed these guys.

Regardless of the % of offensive production pie each gets, there's still more pie to go around.

They help each other with their indiv. success, not take it away. Bottom roster guys the exception since scrub time is more running out the clock than passing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Time of possession? D will be winded because we're scoring so quickly. ;)

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
He was even faster when he was with the Chargers. But nobody, and I mean nobody, has beaten Deion the way I saw Flipper Anderson beat Deion on Monday (Sunday?) Night Football. I'm talking Deion in his prime, lined up across from Flipper Anderson in press coverage, and Flipper Anderson absolutely toasted him. That was the first (and last) time I saw him get beaten like that. Unfortunately I can't find footage of that play.

Tennessee had such an interesting program in the 80's-early 90's. Track athletes lining up at WR and blowing by the DBs...Anthony Miller, Carl Pickens, Anthony Morgan, Willie Gault, Tim McGee, Alvin Harper...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Miller is small and not a speed demon, Gabriel is tiny and Ridley is slow. They have other attributes but Mitch will need to be accurate and timely to get the most out of these guys.
Re Ridley, I think his lack of speed will be more than offset by his route running. Time will tell. All I know is Mitch has a ton of options. Should be a great year offensively if he can calm down and stop sailing balls, plus see the field better. I think that happens in year two of this offense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Re Ridley, I think his lack of speed will be more than offset by his route running. Time will tell. All I know is Mitch has a ton of options. Should be a great year offensively if he can calm down and stop sailing balls, plus see the field better. I think that happens in year two of this offense.
I optimistically agree. I've always said speed is overrated in the NFL unless you have very special speed in pads. Only a few of those and it's not just about 40 time. A guy like Patterson that only tested at 4.42 looks like that once he's up to stride. Unfortunately he lacks some other WR traits. I made a post earlier on how I'd like our fastest WR to be overtaken on the depth chart by someone like Ridley or Wims. It's a lot harder to outrun coverages than it used to be.

Last edited: