Anthony Miller's Blog - If Anyone is Interested

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Anthony Miller has a blog, dunno if it was ever mentioned here but if anyone is interested, check it out. It's not necessarily super in-depth TC nor does it have a lot of analysis, but it's interesting to see where Miller thinks he's at, what he's working on, etc. He's had a few posts since the beginning of July, so seems like he'll add to it every once in a while.

He's definitely confident and is willing to put the work in, so it's a good combo to have in the NFL. Like seeing what he says. Here's on little excerpt I thought was great to hear from Miller:

I want Mitch to know that if he throws the ball my way that I am going to catch it - whatever the cost. Whether I have to go up and snag a pass or make a catch in traffic, there’s no excuse for drops in the league.

https://officialize.com/@anthonymiller/blogs/blog/ready-for-impact

The website looks okay but there's some broken links, so I had to post the most recent post, but you can find his other posts on the right side of the link.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
“At the end of the day, I’ve got to focus on what got me in the league in the first place: my hands. I want Mitch to know that if he throws the ball my way that I am going to catch it - whatever the cost. Whether I have to go up and snag a pass or make a catch in traffic, there’s no excuse for drops in the league. Especially with the talent on this team, you have to do the whatever it takes to set yourself apart. That means winning on 50/50 balls. That means catching the ball away from my body.”

I like this kid.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
His writing really shows some intelligence. He could use an editor to help him with punctuation, but it is an easy read. WR is one of those positions that typically needs a couple of years, but it looks like AM is not your typical WR.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I thought it was interesting when a previous article talked about Miller having a great camp not being consensus by everyone in the coaching staff. That he was running to get open and not routes assigned. Stated Furry had to reel him in a bit and make him understand his assignments and it kind of pissed him off he wasn't getting the catches.

Kids going to be good. I like that it made him angry. Kids hungry and hopefully takes to the coaching.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought it was interesting when a previous article talked about Miller having a great camp not being consensus by everyone in the coaching staff. That he was running to get open and not routes assigned. Stated Furry had to reel him in a bit and make him understand his assignments and it kind of pissed him off he wasn't getting the catches.

Kids going to be good. I like that it made him angry. Kids hungry and hopefully takes to the coaching.

I can't remember which video I saw where Miller was jogging back after a play he caught the ball and Nagy told him "you owe me one" and I didn't think much of it. I had no idea what coach meant by it. Now its clear he was saying that it was an unscripted play he made and Nagy was telling him that with a few words. Sounds to me like Miller is going to be a great backyard ball sort of receiver where he can immediately go off script and get open when a play breaks down. I understand the coaching staff wanting him to stick to the play but there is massive value in him being able to go off script too. You can practice plays all you want but if there is one thing that is consistent across the league, its that far too often the play breaks down and if no one is open or gets open then your QB is screwed.