dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

He makes some impressive plays on defense and returning kicks in the video especially the INT in the back of the end zone. He'd be a good replacement at SS.

msadows

Liked Posts:
How we gonna draft a safety when those two 2nd rounders are for a WR?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would probably favor Delphit or Chin more if I were taking a S in the 2nd. While he did so in college not sure he holds up at SS in the NFL. He does remind me of a Mike Brown or Bob Sanders. Great when they play but I would be worried about injuries with him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How we gonna draft a safety when those two 2nd rounders are for a WR?

I didn't know that you think we're using both 2nd round picks on WR's. Kinda odd for someone who doesn't think we even need another WR.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Winfield is possibly the fastest riser in the draft. I would be absolutely shocked if he is still on the board with our first pick. He may be the first safety taken and will most likely go late rd 1.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Winfield is possibly the fastest riser in the draft. I would be absolutely shocked if he is still on the board with our first pick. He may be the first safety taken and will most likely go late rd 1.

He won't be the first safety off the board and you can't go by what mock drafts say cause GM's and their scouts have a hell of a lot more info on these players then any of these so called draft experts do. There's no telling where he'll go in the draft but the kid had a impressive year last year but also had injury issues in 2017 and 2018 which could scare teams off of drafting him in the 1st round which could make him fall to us in the mid 2nd round.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He won't be the first safety off the board and you can't go by what mock drafts say cause GM's and their scouts have a hell of a lot more info on these players then any of these so called draft experts do. There's no telling where he'll go in the draft but the kid had a impressive year last year but also had injury issues in 2017 and 2018 which could scare teams off of drafting him in the 1st round which could make him fall to us in the mid 2nd round.

Too early to tell. I'm sure no one predicted D.K Metcalf to go at pick 64 last year either.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
I would rather have Chinn or Dugger if we go SS. I think Winfield is more of a FS..

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
We do need a quality safety but it’s arguably the easiest position to hide in our defense as a SS.

I think we have greater needs. CB would be better use of draft capital in my opinion if you go defense in the second.

offensive line and wr are more important in making us a contender for this year.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He was the lone bright spot on that Gophers team when they sucked. I'd welcome him...he's a hitter like Amos with better ball skills.

But injuries can be a concern

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would probably favor Delphit or Chin more if I were taking a S in the 2nd. While he did so in college not sure he holds up at SS in the NFL. He does remind me of a Mike Brown or Bob Sanders. Great when they play but I would be worried about injuries with him.

Delpit is long gone by 43.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was the lone bright spot on that Gophers team when they sucked. I'd welcome him...he's a hitter like Amos with better ball skills.

But injuries can be a concern

This. He's probably the biggest difference maker the Bears can draft at 43 on defense but he does have an injury history and is not the biggest safety. He could be the next Bob Sanders, but fuck Bob Sanders because of 2006 and because he's a Hawkeye @HawkBear lol