Any of you Hunt?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I don't, though I think if you're going to eat meat hunting is the way to go. So, anyone do it?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't, but I have no issues with responsible hunters. For meat you eat. Big game trophy hunters should be hunted themselves imo

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont go hunting anymore but i have a couple hunters hunt on my property. If they get a buck, i get some of the meat.
I dont like venison, only for the sausage or jerky so when they get something i usually get venison sausage or a polish venison sausage. I do have to keep the squirrel population in control and the gophers in check but i do that from the comforts of my patio furniture. LIFE IS GOOD

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Never really appealed to me. Living in Iowa, everyone and their dog, literally, all hunt for the next big BUCK. Getting up at 3 AM to go sit in a tree in the freezing cold at the hopes of seeing an animal walk by....no thanks. No offense to anyone that does hunt, just zero interest in it.

Edit: This thread does remind me. Worlds largest buck at the time was shot about 10 miles from the house I grew up in and by a kid whose mom worked for my dad. That's all I got about hunting

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have to hunt fisch, to keep him from hunting CCS posters.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hunted pheasants a couple times (years ago) but no deer or anything else but pests like chipmunks. I have a couple relatices in NY that hunt and venison I've had there has been great. Steaks, sausage... Organic, free-roam, no antibiotics or growth hormones.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hunted pheasants a couple times (years ago) but no deer or anything else but pests like chipmunks. I have a couple relatices in NY that hunt and venison I've had there has been great. Steaks, sausage... Organic, free-roam, no antibiotics or growth hormones.

Did you get a shot, or did it just turn out to be walking around a corn field carrying a shotgun?

Just asking, and please no stories about the one that got away.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't, but I have no issues with responsible hunters. For meat you eat. Big game trophy hunters should be hunted themselves imo

Agree completely. Have a couple of acquaintances that hunt deer and donate the meat/give it away. In my area we are over-run with deer. We need more hunters.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like to see wild animals not kill them.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you get a shot, or did it just turn out to be walking around a corn field carrying a shotgun?

Just asking, and please no stories about the one that got away.

I got a couple of pheasants. VERY tasty. I just baked the breasts after marinating in Italian dressing a bit. Best tasting meat I've ever cooked.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't go where bears live but yes I would kill a bear if it was headed my way in attack mode.
Urblock last week i was cleaning, cutting up a cows chamber ( reticulum ) for dog food. I had the dog in the house because i had the chickens out and he likes to chase them. Anyways a bear must have got wind of the scent , i didnt see it but i could hear it, ( jaws )
I got a couple of pheasants. VERY tasty. I just baked the breasts after marinating in Italian dressing a bit. Best tasting meat I've ever cooked.
Tater you like Ruffed Grouse ? I've had 2 of them in the past week fly into my house and garage. I think me and the dog startled one in the front yard when we came from around the house, flew into window in front knocking off the screen. The other one must have flew into the back garage. I wouldnt have ate the one i found by the garage, but the one i seen fly, well the dog liked him .

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Urblock last week i was cleaning, cutting up a cows chamber ( reticulum ) for dog food. I had the dog in the house because i had the chickens out and he likes to chase them. Anyways a bear must have got wind of the scent , i didnt see it but i could hear it, ( jaws )

Tater you like Ruffed Grouse ? I've had 2 of them in the past week fly into my house and garage. I think me and the dog startled one in the front yard when we came from around the house, flew into window in front knocking off the screen. The other one must have flew into the back garage. I wouldnt have ate the one i found by the garage, but the one i seen fly, well the dog liked him .
Right now the movers would be at my house. Brave man.