Anybody been to the Bears new gym in Vernon Hills?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't even know about it. Sounds pretty nice.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I saw a video about it on the Bears YT channel. I'll dig it up.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Pretty steep prices when you have places like Charter and Planet Fitness (I know, I know) in the same general area.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pretty steep prices when you have places like Charter and Planet Fitness (I know, I know) in the same general area.

Someone sound the lunk alarm while I eat my free bagels and pizza.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I just don't understand the logic behind Planet Fitness.

In all the years I have been going to different gyms, I have never seen people ridicule or make fun of people who were out of shape at the gym or a newbie starting out. Everyone understands that you are there to better yourself. You showed up. It's a good thing.

Also, how is bench pressing, dead lifting or squatting with a bar in any way intimidating? And even if it was, I have never met someone who gave up going to the gym because they were intimidated. People give up because they are lazy or don't have time etc.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

In all the years I have been going to different gyms, I have never seen people ridicule or make fun of people who were out of shape at the gym or a newbie starting out. Everyone understands that you are there to better yourself. You showed up. It's a good thing.

Also, how is bench pressing, dead lifting or squatting with a bar in any way intimidating? And even if it was, I have never met someone who gave up going to the gym because they were intimidated. People give up because they are lazy or don't have time etc.
I think places like PF serve a purpose, but yeah, they do need to tone it down a notch.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Haven't seen anyone ridicule anyone at the PF I go to. Usually a pretty normal crowd. There was one guy dropping the weights and slamming them around for whatever damn reason. The alarm went off. But other than that, just normal and semi-normal people. I have also seen people wear tank tops so I don't think they enforce the rule. For $10, it does the job honestly.

The BearsFit one is what, $75?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Haven't seen anyone ridicule anyone at the PF I go to. Usually a pretty normal crowd. There was one guy dropping the weights and slamming them around for whatever damn reason. The alarm went off. But other than that, just normal and semi-normal people. I have also seen people wear tank tops so I don't think they enforce the rule. For $10, it does the job honestly.

The BearsFit one is what, $75?
Just under $60 for a single membership.

RE: PF

I would never ridicule anyone looking to better themselves.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

And often, it is the people who are in the best shape who are the friendliest / non-judgmental to newcomers. Everyone started somewhere. At least that's been my general experience in and out of the gym the last 20 years. The normal attitude is usually "hey good for you for trying to change your life".

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The McCaskey's got a new revenue stream.

"Look, I'm just like a Bears player! Drinking the exact same smoothie as the dear sweet one for only $18!"