Anyone here impacted directly with this COVID-19 virus?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Thanks guys. It seems to creep back in a little at times but no where near as bad a Tuesday.
My friend caught it and was similar to you. He got it on the 13th and got really bad by 15th. Next day better then day after meltdown again. He finally went to hospital last Friday and was released Sunday and all he got in there was iv. He lost his sense of taste and smell and lost his appetite. He FaceTime me today and now he is pretty much just getting over a cold level infection. I’m in quarantine away from others until Sunday cause we bbq at his house the day before he showed signs. I so far show no signs.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well it hit me again late last night. It is exactly the same as it was Tues. and Wed.
I tried calling my Dr. and the phone rings once or twice then silence. No answering machine or anything. WTF

I'm sorry to hear this. Your gov has really dropped the ball.

We have hotlines in every province to report symptoms, and if you are high risk of having it after symptoms are revealed, or it is getting worse, you are brought in for testing, and they try to trace your contacts. If mild symptoms, you are told to self isolate, and they try to track your contacts.

I'm worried for you guys. No national plan, so slow to move, and a massive ego downplaying it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My friend caught it and was similar to you. He got it on the 13th and got really bad by 15th. Next day better then day after meltdown again. He finally went to hospital last Friday and was released Sunday and all he got in there was iv. He lost his sense of taste and smell and lost his appetite. He FaceTime me today and now he is pretty much just getting over a cold level infection. I’m in quarantine away from others until Sunday cause we bbq at his house the day before he showed signs. I so far show no signs.
Does seem like everyone reacts differently from this. Some people recover quickly others go down a deep dark tunnel. I've even heard reports of some people who have had it literally do only have a cold like symptom or two. Then there are studies showing 50% of positive cases are asymptomatic where they've done extensive testing.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry to hear this. Your gov has really dropped the ball.

We have hotlines in every province to report symptoms, and if you are high risk of having it after symptoms are revealed, or it is getting worse, you are brought in for testing, and they try to trace your contacts. If mild symptoms, you are told to self isolate, and they try to track your contacts.

I'm worried for you guys. No national plan, so slow to move, and a massive ego downplaying it.

Trump I guess cancelled an order for 80,000 ventilators so he could haggle over the price....

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trump I guess cancelled an order for 80,000 ventilators so he could haggle over the price....
Ive been seeing this. What I saw was GM promised 80,000 then said they could only make 6000 by the end of April.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Well it hit me again late last night. It is exactly the same as it was Tues. and Wed.
I tried calling my Dr. and the phone rings once or twice then silence. No answering machine or anything. WTF
Wow! Sorry to jinx you, but be vigilant with hydration and getting sleep. Like another said, if you’re breathing gets impacted call 911. Don’t try to tough it out or think it’ll subside.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the well-wishes guys. I've been laying ans sleeping on and off for most of the last 12 hours. I got really bad this afternoon. I've been having shortness of breath since Tuesday but not overly severe. The worst part is the body aches, chills and loss of appetite. All I had today was a cup of chicken soup.
I finally got a hold of a nurse at my doctors office. She basically just said get rest and drink fluids. Who knew? :confused: She said you can't get tested unless you go to the hospital.

And no, I'm not a truck driver.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks for the well-wishes guys. I've been laying ans sleeping on and off for most of the last 12 hours. I got really bad this afternoon. I've been having shortness of breath since Tuesday but not overly severe. The worst part is the body aches, chills and loss of appetite. All I had today was a cup of chicken soup.
I finally got a hold of a nurse at my doctors office. She basically just said get rest and drink fluids. Who knew? :confused: She said you can't get tested unless you go to the hospital.

And no, I'm not a truck driver.

I don't know what to say, the way you are treated doesn't look appropriate to me, this is not a fucking joke, it's your health! Our health. I sincerely wish you all the best

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Just found out my Aunt dropped to the floor of her kitchen and rushed to the hospital. Family initially thought it was an aneurism or blood clot issue. Doctors checked and said no. They found out she has pneumonia, but to my knowledge they haven’t tested for covid. She was walking around fine and perfectly healthy...seems to me it’s likely covid, and they need to test her. She is currently on a breathing machine, unconscious.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just found out my Aunt dropped to the floor of her kitchen and rushed to the hospital. Family initially thought it was an aneurism or blood clot issue. Doctors checked and said no. They found out she has pneumonia, but to my knowledge they haven’t tested for covid. She was walking around fine and perfectly healthy...seems to me it’s likely covid, and they need to test her. She is currently on a breathing machine, unconscious.
Wow, sorry to hear that man. If the cause of that was COVID-19, that would be new right? People haven't just been dropping to the floor, but if the cause really was COVID, then that's pretty effin scary.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wow, sorry to hear that man. If the cause of that was COVID-19, that would be new right? People haven't just been dropping to the floor, but if the cause really was COVID, then that's pretty effin scary.

we will know in around 24 hours. They finally did decide to test her for it

edit - the test came back negative for covid, thankfully. They still aren’t sure what happened, though. She is now off the ventilator and breathing on her own. Things are looking a lot better for her than they initially did

Last edited:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
2 kids ages 4 and 1. I'm good with the heated garage and standing desk. We don't have an extra room in the house for an office, so this is the next best thing. There's a keg fridge about 15 feet away too, strictly for happy hour... which starts here in about an hour.
Pro tip from a remote office worker for like the last decade: happy hour starts whenever you want it too.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Knoxville sorry to hear that buddy. Tater hope he feel better friend.

School finally told us not to come in, but my principal is letting me come in 3 days a week to work normal hours since I help with giving food to our students threw the bus. The other 2 days are work from home, and I cant get shit done with my 3 kids and 2 dogs running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Stay safe everyone

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Cousin's husband in Chicago is positive and hospitalized. Treatment has made him much better and he'll likely be released in the next day or 2.

His symptoms were:
Fever
body aches
sore throat
coughing
coughing up blood
extreme fatigue.

He's 33 years old (very overweight and also has hypothyroidism), my cousin also had a lot of these symptoms, but she never got tested and recovered on her own. They also have 3 kids in the house, none of which showed any symptoms, the belief is that the whole family has it, just that the kids were asymptomatic.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knoxville sorry to hear that buddy. Tater hope he feel better friend.

School finally told us not to come in, but my principal is letting me come in 3 days a week to work normal hours since I help with giving food to our students threw the bus. The other 2 days are work from home, and I cant get shit done with my 3 kids and 2 dogs running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Stay safe everyone

Thank you sir. Feeling much better today. I had all the symptoms Briggs listed except coughing up blood. Happy to feel better, but still worried it will come back like it did once already.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thank you sir. Feeling much better today. I had all the symptoms Briggs listed except coughing up blood. Happy to feel better, but still worried it will come back like it did once already.

Glad that your situation is turning around. Great news.

In my opinion this thing will come back in the fall like the flu.

Refocus on nutrition. Lots and lots of dark greens and berries. Get that immune system up.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
For my cousin and her husband they had a time when it got better but never entirely. Like it got a bit better for a day or 2 (but they still had fevers), then came back hard.

If you're past the fever the hope is that you're done with it.