Anyone here impacted directly with this COVID-19 virus?

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I’m pretty sure that I had it. So, yeah, probably directly affected.

Also: I don’t think a Bears fan should have a Bears rug. I’d rather walk over and dirty up a Vikings rug.
If I had a house like an NFL owner I could probably treat the bears rug that way, but I don’t. I understand the sentiment, it was a gift so I display it proudly. I suppose I could hang it on the wall.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
My firm is announcing pay cuts next week. Layoffs could follow soon after. It's amazing how quickly things can change. Just 3 weeks ago neither was a possibility.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Hours will cut down to half starting next week.
Then who knows after...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What was your experience?
Definitely had the cough, being tired, and a bit of a fever - though nothing special. No real trouble breathing, but 75% is good enough for me. Plus, I work in a fucking petri dish.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Definitely had the cough, being tired, and a bit of a fever - though nothing special. No real trouble breathing, but 75% is good enough for me. Plus, I work in a fucking petri dish.
Are you relatively young?
Good to hear you didn't suffer much.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I mean that could have just been a cold too. Or the flu.

You'll find out some day though once they start checking for the antibodies in blood tests.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wife works in health care up close. They are past trusting food they didn't make. Fund for masks and safety gear would be great.
What? There is no correlation of getting the virus over digesting food.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I have something similar to this right now. I called my physician today, he said to monitor it over the next 7 days and quarantine just in case. If my symptoms get worse call back, but let it ride for now. I'm in the west suburbs of Chicago and I know there are cases all around me at the moment. We'll see what happens.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wife works in health care up close. They are past trusting food they didn't make. Fund for masks and safety gear would be great.
Good thing about cancer wings and centers is that they are normally on kind of a lockdown. I hope your wife's place is as strict as the one I'm familiar with.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope, thank God. Next couple weeks will be telling though if we're still waiting for the top of the curve.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
First death in Iowa reported in Dubuque. To close to home. Wife's family is from that area. Not good.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't had the Flu in years, but today I got hit hard by something. Started with diahhria, now my whole body is aching, chills, hardly ate and couldn't get off the couch for about 8 hours. Trying to read a little online now to keep sane.

Reactions: DC

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I haven't had the Flu in years, but today I got hit hard by something. Started with diahhria, now my whole body is aching, chills, hardly ate and couldn't get off the couch for about 8 hours. Trying to read a little online now to keep sane.

The worst thing you can do is google shit when you're paranoid about something. I used to do it and nothing good ever came of it. Deal with it day to day and keep busy to keep your mind busy.