Anyone notice

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Anyone notice there is not one writer or talking head that predicts were a SB bound team. I can't even find one that thinks we'll win our own dam division. I know I'm a homer but dam am I blind too. I see a team loaded with talent, IMO the most talent in the NFL. We are stacked on both sides of the ball and have a top coaching staff. This is a young and confident stacked team with a modern offense and elite defense. He'll even if you're not big on Trubisky you know he is better then Dilfer and other QBs who won SBs on a strong run game and def. Please someone tell me what is going on. I don't need to hear it from others because I believe what I believe but what is holding back everyone outside Chicago? OK my rant is over but wtf.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am excited and optimistic about this season,that said let me play devils advocate.
We have question marks at key positions RG, TE, SS, K,and QB. The Fangio hangover could be bigger than expected. 12-4 was with an easier schedule and nearly injury unscathed team.

That said, SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It’s always that way until you prove yourself. Cousins and the Vikings are obviously better because they drafted a offensive lineman and taught Kurt Cousins how to use play action passes. And he generally can’t win against above .500 teams or on prime time. The packer have Aaron Rodgers who will play on broken legs if has to just to beat the Bears. The Lions are just flat out better, you know a top defense a future hall of fame qb that runs a top offense.....why wouldn’t you think the bears would suck?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I am excited and optimistic about this season,that said let me play devils advocate.
We have question marks at key positions RG, TE, SS, K,and QB. The Fangio hangover could be bigger than expected. 12-4 was with an easier schedule and nearly injury unscathed team.

That said, SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!
All fair but it does not explain how none have us as SB threats or even winning our div.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
All fair but it does not explain how none have us as SB threats or even winning our div.

Because we've been a one hit wonder team for the past 30 years and we've only been in two playoffs since the SB loss to the Colts. If the Bears are going to be in those kinds of conversations they need to prove to the rest of the NFL that they can compete year in and year out. Until that starts happening the Bears will not be talked about like that. For anyone not a Bears fan, last season was just a random good season for the Bears.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does the name Louis Riddick ring a bell? He was literally on the bandwagon well before most people here realized last season that the Bears were a legit contender.

Edit: I'm sure most people know Louis is a former player and scout/pro personnel director but he is also one of the few of the media that is pretty bang on more often than not on his prediction/analysis. Many people believe he will eventually be hired as a franchise's GM and it wouldn't surprise me if so.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This season is definitely a challenge for the Bear. I've stated I expect fewer wins a long while back but they should be better, more exciting games and a very entertaining season. If we don't get too many dings, I also expect to play more games than last year.

Last edited:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I might be in the minority, but I prefer it that way. The media favorites this time of year are often not the teams that go the distance, outside of perennial favorites like the Patriots. No one is disrespecting this team. Most think they will be good, but not great. Bottom line, their opinions don't fucking matter. But it will be fun to watch their narrative shift as the season moves on.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone notice there is not one writer or talking head that predicts were a SB bound team. I can't even find one that thinks we'll win our own dam division. I know I'm a homer but dam am I blind too. I see a team loaded with talent, IMO the most talent in the NFL. We are stacked on both sides of the ball and have a top coaching staff. This is a young and confident stacked team with a modern offense and elite defense. He'll even if you're not big on Trubisky you know he is better then Dilfer and other QBs who won SBs on a strong run game and def. Please someone tell me what is going on. I don't need to hear it from others because I believe what I believe but what is holding back everyone outside Chicago? OK my rant is over but wtf.

Its hard to believe without a top 20 QB.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don’t need someone to tell if we are super bowl contenders or bums

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former NFL head coach Tony Dungy said on NBC Sports that he thinks the Chicago Bears &quot;are definitely contenders&quot; to win the Super Bowl. &quot;I love their defense and I think Mitch Trubisky is going to take another step.&quot;</p>&mdash; Daniel Greenberg (@ChiSportUpdates) <a href=" ">August 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The whole first place schedule thing annoys me because it is over blown. It’s 2 games .. 2 games the bears play that the Vikings and packers don’t player <br><br>14/16 games are identical</p>&mdash; Mr. Chicago Bear™ (@IKHAN21) <a href=" ">July 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former NFL head coach Tony Dungy said on NBC Sports that he thinks the Chicago Bears &quot;are definitely contenders&quot; to win the Super Bowl. &quot;I love their defense and I think Mitch Trubisky is going to take another step.&quot;</p>&mdash; Daniel Greenberg (@ChiSportUpdates) <a href=" ">August 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
ugh

Tony Dungy is like always wrong. Especially about QBs it seems.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Does the name Louis Riddick ring a bell? He was literally on the bandwagon well before most people here realized last season that the Bears were a legit contender.

Edit: I'm sure most people know Louis is a former player and scout/pro personnel director but he is also one of the few of the media that is pretty bang on more often than not on his prediction/analysis. Many people believe he will eventually be hired as a franchise's GM and it wouldn't surprise me if so.
Actually I knew none of that about Riddick so thanks for sharing.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
For me, simply being a Bears fan has me reserved. I won't believe we are SB bound until we are SB bound!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its hard to believe without a top 20 QB.
I think Mitch is middle of the pack. Not nearly as good as his passer rating would indicate, behind only Mahomes and Brees. But not bottom of the barrel either. We're talking about a guy who had limited college experience, one year under Fox with a limited supporting cast, and one year under Nagy where he performed pretty damn well all things considered. I think he gets into the top 5-10 territory this season, which is more than enough to win the SB with this defense, and a solid running game.