Are we tanking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
It kind of feels like we're tanking.

If we were, who are we tanking for? I don't think it's like there is an Andrew Luck coming out this year. Maybe there is but I just don't follow college that close.

We are all pretty sure the Colts tanked for Luck right? Like did the coaches and GM and Owner decide to deliberately lose every game? Or was it more of not getting the right people on the field and going as cheap as possible to not really have a chance to win games.

If we are tanking do the players know? Like are they told to go out and play and pad your stats but we're not winning games this year or are they just kept in the dark. We wouldn't make Long play hurt just to tank would we? It would seem it would help the case to let him get surgery? At what point do they give up? 1-7?

Idk. I guess we just suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I like the Tarheel, but it's very early. It doesn't seem like a great class, so they may not take a qb in the first.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I'm convinced Barf is an inside job. Who brings a kicker in the week before the season starts? Snap/Hold chemistry issues there.

Falk's my #1 QB as of now, but we still got 6 or 7 more weeks of College football to go so who knows how everything shakes out. Only knock on him is his arm strength, and it's average so it's not even a big issue unless you're trying to throw a hail mary.

[video=youtube;c8gD1BqwbT0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8gD1BqwbT0[/video]

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
What does that have to do with anything?

Unless you're completely blind it has everything to do with the unpredictability of the NFL from year to year. Teams don't tank. The bears are simply a bad football team. As were the colts in the aftermath of losing Manning.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
We are all pretty sure the Colts tanked for Luck right? Like did the coaches and GM and Owner decide to deliberately lose every game? Or was it more of not getting the right people on the field and going as cheap as possible to not really have a chance to win games.

Yes, the GM and coaches deliberately lost to get Luck. Then they all got fired.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, the GM and coaches deliberately lost to get Luck. Then they all got fired.

So it was just an owner decision then

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm starting to get that feeling that there really isn't that "cant miss qb prospect" in this upcoming draft. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears went qb in the second round. #TankForMyles

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
So it was just an owner decision then

It was a decision made entirely by Peytons neck

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;wqgaa_kdX-E]https://youtu.be/wqgaa_kdX-E[/video]

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
i'm starting to get that feeling that there really isn't that "cant miss qb prospect" in this upcoming draft. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears went qb in the second round. #TankForMyles

And hope that players like Kaaya and Watson continue to get hyped. I think there are 2-3 QBs better that as of now may be selected after those two.

Hell, if you can take 2 of Trubisky, Falk, or Rudolph in 2&3 I'd be cool with that. Especially if we take Garrett in the first. However that won't happen.

Things I think that can't be fixed or coached with QBs:

-Decision Making
-Pocket Awareness

That removes Kelley and Watson (decision making) and also Kayaa (pocket awareness).

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
R - E - L - A - X ...and enjoy the rebuild.

It may not be an intentional tank, but yes it's full on tank nonetheless. This is a team of youngins with ZERO depth + a shit ton of injuries. Even the easy schedule only makes these winnable games close.

If not tanking for a 1st round QB, they'll still be near the top of EVERY Round, which pays dividends more than just the 1st selection the way Pace rolls the mid-later rounds.

Can't plan for injuries or draft around uncontrollable bad luck (despite what a few of you think re: White, etc.). Possible to likely they're holding guys off the field a bit longer (Cutty). What's the point of rushing anybody back? Bears are a very young & inexperienced team, so let those new guys get their licks now when it really doesn't matter.

Really. Does it matter week to week?

This is NOT a playoff team, much less a threat to anyone.
Welcome to smack in the middle of a REBUILD season. This is how it goes. At least there is hope once the dust begins to settle on who develops into starters and who doesn't so they can fill the next round of holes & build depth in FA & Draft #3 with nothing holding them back like terrible contracts of years past.

I watch as a fan, but games now are more like entertaining practice than anything of consequence. We all want them to win, and have our various opinions on how to get there, but...and this is only for a few of you... the whole meatball mentality of "let the world burn & fire everybody" is archaic, illogical, and beyond old around here. :rage: :hitler:

Please, Stop. Just stop. Yelling on here & at each other is childish & helps nothing except destroy any chance of seeing something through. I sincerely hope our incompetent owners and office gives this Xth round of coaches & GM the time it takes to actually rebuild from below zero. Starting a new franchise would have been easier than what they inherited post Trestman/Emery. :howdid:
That's how. :shrug:

Have fun with this season guys. Patience! Relax, kick back, drink some beers and let Bears football be a thing of the future.
Currently it's training wheels rebuild at best. 500+ yards of offense vs. Indy but barely losing due to any one of many fixable blown plays was still entertaining, yet them losing helps next draft and season to follow once guys come back healthy. Guys who dress are still fighting for their lives but are hardly Pro-Bowl candidates, much less starters, which makes it exciting to watch - just for a diff reason than playoff hopes.

Bears = :notready: ...yet. Accept it an move on. Tanking at its best fellow Bears fans.

Cheers! :popcorn:

Last edited:

Chinese

Liked Posts:
No team or rather player tNks. Which player wants to be replaced?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.