Are you rooting for Big D*** Nick or Little Brain Mitch?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm rooting for Foles to start and Mitch to ultimately emerge. What's best for the Bear.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Trubisky, Higher ceiling, younger, drafted by us. I think Mitch was catching on towards the end of last season and having Foles pushing him to step up helps too. I think he will step up. I like having Foles. It's not a bad option B if things go south.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think, Foles was brought in to push Trubisky, and if Trubisky does not answer the mail, Foles will start.....

I am predicting that Foles will start, not because he blows away Trubisk, but because Trubisky will not be able to handle the competition.

Im rooting for Both to make it hard on the coaching staff to pick, and ultimately I am rooting for Trubisky.
I really think it's an open competition. I never felt Nagy or Pace as less than honest with players. I just hope they show the QBs complex Ds in practice to really get a good feel for how they're doing. I suspect they will. Thing about Foles, his immobility forces quicker reads and risk taking throws(sometimes too many), both things Mitch could benefit from.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
This is now Foles job to lose. Imho.

Not sure how you see this. If both are equal Trubs plays IMO. Foles would have too clearly out play Trubisky to get the start. If so he deserves it. If they were looking to replace Trubisky they would have brought in someone better then Foles. His stats were worse then Trubisky's last year. He is paid back up money too.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I really think it's an open competition. I never felt Nagy or Pace as less than honest with players. I just hope they show the QBs complex Ds in practice to really get a good feel for how they're doing. I suspect they will. Thing about Foles, his immobility forces quicker reads and risk taking throws(sometimes too many), both things Mitch could benefit from.
To your point that Foles is immobile, if Oline play does not improve, Foles will be in trouble, BUT, if you remember 2013 with Chip Kelly, Foles was very efficient at getting the ball out quick.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I kind of expect Mitch to be a turn over machine in camp (if there is one). The pressure of Foles breathing down his neck is going to push him into bad decisions.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I was going to start a thread with this very topic. It’s worth a pandemic eraoff-season discussion.

Mitch was a huge investment that, if it’s a complete failure, could set this franchise back even further into mediocrity. Mitch has shown some really good play and some really awful performances. Mitch obviously has the higher ceiling. His coach, Oline running game, nor WRs helped him last year. However, is there a complete offense anywhere in the league? His draft position, by definition, expects him to rise above the failures of his crew.

Foles is a career back-up QB who never had played 16 games in a season or thrown for more than 3,000 yds. He hasn’t won a NFL game in 2 years. He’s a cast off even after being on the same club twice and leading them to 3 playoffs/1 SB win while coming off the bench. He preformed well when he has an above average Oline. Terrible when he has below average Oline. He does have an decent arm. He can read a defense. He has some luck too, which is a virtue in the NFL.

Ultimately this franchise would be in the best shape if TRU can win the job in a fair competition.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who ever is qbackin in 2021

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would agree we need a chance to evaluate Nagy. There are little pockets of when Chase Daniel played well and the offense looked completely different. When he was making the proper reads, distributing the balls, the offense looked to have better flow and rhythm.

However, I am glad they are making this an open competition. Last year all the bears reporters and some people I know who went to Bourbonnais said Mitch did not look good in training camp. I want Foles to outperform so soundly it isn’t even a question.

Yep. I saw that too. Daniel would string together a drive and you could almost see what Nagy was trying to do.

Daniel's lack of athleticism would get in the way or he'd throw a pick, but at least you'd see a glimpse of what the offense is supposed to look like.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Whoever is capable of leading the bears towards having a successful offense.

There aint no other answer.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Whoever is capable of leading the bears towards having a successful offense.

There aint no other answer.

Pretty much the drunk answer but okay.

Rooting for Mitch to be vastly better than Foles. He probably won't, but still rooting for it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pretty much the drunk answer but okay.

Rooting for Mitch to be vastly better than Foles. He probably won't, but still rooting for it.

Yes, the drunk answer is hoping for the success of the team no matter who starts.

Go back to cunting some where else. Or call your boyfriend and ask him what he had for brunch.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If mitch sucks and foles comes in and succeed, im happy.

If mitch starts the season off and the bears never look back, I'm happy.

Either way it means we have a semblance of an offense in 2020.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, the drunk answer is hoping for the success of the team no matter who starts.

Go back to cunting some where else. Or call your boyfriend and ask him what he had for brunch.
OP asked a question which was a binary proposition and you decided to post an answer, disregarding the terms and then doubling down about you being "right."

Dont get mad at me for getting called out for being a drunk derailer yet again lol.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure them claiming it’s an open competition really means it’s an open competition in the purest sense.

I still think they’re gonna lean towards Mitch. Unless he is bad during preseason and Foles is good. I‘d bet Mitch isn’t really put in a position to be that bad during the preseason though. I think it takes a pretty bad preseason from Mitch to lose the job coming out of the gate.

IDK. I get the sense they sort of had to say the job is open. They’re trying to put pressure on Mitch. So they can’t just be like “Foles is the backup.” Because that defeats the whole purpose of trying (or at least appear you’re trying) to put pressure on your QB to perform.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure them claiming it’s an open competition really means it’s an open competition in the purest sense.

I still think they’re gonna lean towards Mitch. Unless he is bad during preseason and Foles is good. I‘d bet Mitch isn’t really put in a position to be that bad during the preseason though. I think it takes a pretty bad preseason from Mitch to lose the job coming out of the gate.

IDK. I get the sense they sort of had to say the job is open. They’re trying to put pressure on Mitch. So they can’t just be like “Foles is the backup.” Because that defeats the whole purpose of trying (or at least appear you’re trying) to put pressure on your QB to perform.

I've been saying this since we signed foles. Every "Qb competition" I've seen has never been a true competition.

To me it will be the same situation that happened in TEN. Mitch gets to start the season off due to draft status, when he fucks up the first couple weeks, foles comes in to save the day so the bears can pay him 30m+ a year.

I said they labeled it a competition for the media/sheep. What do you expect them to say. Like you stated, can't call him a backup. Obviously its an "open competition"

msadows

Liked Posts:
OP asked a question which was a binary proposition and you decided to post an answer, disregarding the terms and then doubling down about you being "right."

Dont get mad at me for getting called out for being a drunk derailer yet again lol.

Yes, I derailed the thread yet you came in here cunting. Gotcha. Seems like all you and your boytoy have been doing the last two days is randomly coming on here to insult others then log off.

Answering that you don't have a horse in the race and just want whatever is best for the team as a whole is absolutely an answer, and should be the only REAL answer.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky, Higher ceiling, younger, drafted by us. I think Mitch was catching on towards the end of last season and having Foles pushing him to step up helps too. I think he will step up. I like having Foles. It's not a bad option B if things go south.

Shocking!

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gee a Super Bowl MVP vs a guy who looks like a deformed teddy bear and throws like one to boot. How ever am I going to decide?