Are you rooting for Big D*** Nick or Little Brain Mitch?

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
I think people are misunderstanding the OP. The question was "who would you root for?" It's not asking who do you think will win.

The fact that we have more invested in Mitch in terms of draft capital and time spent developing should give us more reason to want him to win out. Imagine buying a $100,000 car vs a $10,000 car. Wouldn't you want your $100,000 car to work better than your $10,000 car? Emotions aside, you should want Mitch to work out in the end.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Im rooting for Mitch because that is what would be best for the Bears. I think its 50/50 who wins but im hoping Mitch steps up.

Edit: In before Omelete rubs you out. :LOL:
Why is it best for the Bears for Mitch to win exactly? He’s in the last year of his deal. He’s young, sure but the last thing I’d want is Mitch to play well for one season and then go back to being his normal shit self afterward.

Go Foles.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
There’s zero chance Mitch “turns it around”. He is what he is, which is a below-average-to-bad quarterback.

If he was in a Lions uniform, zero people here would think he’s good. The entire NFL knows he’s not a starter; why can’t some of you see it?

He’s. Not. The. Guy.

Liked Posts:
When told about the open competition Mitch said that he just wants to be the best QB he can be for the Bears. He didn't say he wanted to be great. I think he knows he's not the guy, and that his best he has to offer is as an NFL backup.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's gotta be Nick right? I think he can do enough to get us to the playoffs. Mako is out!

Mitch. Why the fuck would I root for some 31 year old journeyman QB on his 5th team in six years living off one magical stretch of his career to be the QB of the future?

msadows

Liked Posts:
There’s zero chance Mitch “turns it around”. He is what he is, which is a below-average-to-bad quarterback.

If he was in a Lions uniform, zero people here would think he’s good. The entire NFL knows he’s not a starter; why can’t some of you see it?

He’s. Not. The. Guy.

Mitch in 2018 is probably as good as foles is.

2019 he was awful. You could do worse than 2018 mitch. He was about an average nfl qb that year. Which, is what foles has been his whole career.

As stated, they both suck.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch. Why the fuck would I root for some 31 year old journeyman QB on his 5th team in six years living off one magical stretch of his career to be the QB of the future?

Because true fans love to cheer on the failure of a #2 overall pick.

It makes total sense.

/s

I never understood having an agenda against a player and WANTING him to fail. If you are a fan of a team you stand by your players unless they are scumbags or locker room cancers. Obviously players can fail, but cheering them on to fail is just laughable. It's almost like some of the meatballs on here would rather watch mitch fail just to inflate their egos about being right.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's gotta be Nick right? I think he can do enough to get us to the playoffs. Mako is out!

Because it's so hard to create a poll for people to actually answer your snarky OP question with measurable votes?

A1: Doesn't matter who til there's some semblance of a run game...and pass pro. Bottom 3 in all = predictable O and failure.

A2: Either of them could roll off a Flacco/Orton-esque run with this defense.

A3: CCS and majority of fans want change, so Foles out of the gate would keep the Pace & Nagy tar & feathering mobs at bay nicely for a while.

Prob. better for Mitch to hang back anyway until he can get over his mistrust of that OL and be ready to get crushed again without an arm sling on. He was too passive to run like he should've and not passing well enough under 2019 conditions. If Mitch were to go at it, he might be best coming in as the backup with no expectations & a chance to get his head right.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

Because that 31 year old will still be here next year and Mitch won't?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To your point that Foles is immobile, if Oline play does not improve, Foles will be in trouble, BUT, if you remember 2013 with Chip Kelly, Foles was very efficient at getting the ball out quick.
Other than a few guys, bad line means QB is in trouble. Easier to beat a rush with your arm and know where to go than with your legs. The problem with Mitch last year is that he did neither until late in the year. If the line is as bad as last year, it won't be too long before we see Mitch but that line was a point of emphasis in the off season. I know some will disagree but 4 of those guys weren't going anywhere and they got their 5th with some big changes in staff to whip them into shape.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because it's so hard to create a poll for people to actually answer your snarky OP question with measurable votes?

A1: Doesn't matter who til there's some semblance of a run game...and pass pro. Bottom 3 in all = predictable O and failure.

A2: Either of them could roll off a Flacco/Orton-esque run with this defense.

A3: CCS and majority of fans want change, so Foles out of the gate would keep the Pace & Nagy tar & feathering mobs at bay nicely for a while.

Prob. better for Mitch to hang back anyway until he can get over his mistrust of that OL and be ready to get crushed again without an arm sling on. He was too passive to run like he should've and not passing well enough under 2019 conditions. If Mitch were to go at it, he might be best coming in as the backup with no expectations & a chance to get his head right.
Best case scenario for Mitch is for Foles to start the season, play well enough and with Mitch eventually needing to play and outperforming Foles. Probably a best case scenario for the fan base though some will find fault regardless. After all, he is a Chicago QB.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Other than a few guys, bad line means QB is in trouble. Easier to beat a rush with your arm and know where to go than with your legs. The problem with Mitch last year is that he did neither until late in the year. If the line is as bad as last year, it won't be too long before we see Mitch but that line was a point of emphasis in the off season. I know some will disagree but 4 of those guys weren't going anywhere and they got their 5th with some big changes in staff to whip them into shape.
I agree, if we do not see a change in OL play both QBs are going to struggle.
The results that I am mostly hoping for is a vast improvement in the run game. I know that seems like a odd way of improving QB play, but if we are going to be successful with either one of these QBs we need to be able to run the ball with consistency.

I actually think Foles can do more with a good running game than Trubisky can, mainly because we have seen Trubisky have a good running game, and he can not seem to take advantage of the Play action long ball.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You all know, but I believe no one has said this yet

Having EITHER Foles or Mitch coming off the bench is WAYYYY Better than Chase

msadows

Liked Posts:
You all know, but I believe no one has said this yet

Having EITHER Foles or Mitch coming off the bench is WAYYYY Better than Chase

It is a good feeling knowing if that mitch somehow does start off the season and busts we have a QB who can step in and redeem it.

Also a good feeling knowing if foles gets hurt or plays like trash(a lot are acting like that isn't possible) we have a guy who can come in and play and match his trash level.