Article: "Derrick Rose/Jimmy Butler Tension Marred Game 6"

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Something out of nothing. Rose and Butler are two of the only things that will keep the Bulls half-way relevant into the foreseeable future.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
this is what you get when your offense is isolation ball

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What tension? Is he implying that Rose gave Jimmy the ball out of spite?

Anything to stir up drama I guess.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Let's just say this is true, just for the sake of argument.

Jimmy Butler, imo, is worth more to this team's future than Derrick Rose.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's just say this is true, just for the sake of argument.

Jimmy Butler, imo, is worth more to this team's future than Derrick Rose.
You can argue that by the time we assemble a good enough team around one or the other they'll be at that age where they're going to be on the decline. Fully possible unless GarPax are able to retool the team well enough within a couple years with some savvy picks and good FA signings.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
if this is true shows why we cant get a superstar to sign here Rose sabotages it every time.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
if this is true shows why we cant get a superstar to sign here Rose sabotages it every time.
Rose was also to blame all those years we failed to get a big FA before he got here...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Here is what I feel is going to be very interesting going forward: Some people have taken Rose's comments after Game 6 as throwing Thibs under the bus. There is no doubt that some (most? all?) of Jimmy Butler's development is due to Thibs. It's going to be fun to watch how the timeline goes with whatever they do with Thibs and the Butler signing, and what both Rose and Jimmy say in regards to whatever ultimately happens with Thibs.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Jimmy's development is due to Jimmy

thibs didn't even trust him until Deng pulled his hammy and he was forced to play Butler and seen he was a legit player

go read what Jimmy did in the off season...he turned off cable and the internet and did nothing but watch film and work on his game...thats what developed him

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

thibs didn't even trust him until Deng pulled his hammy and he was forced to play Butler and seen he was a legit player

go read what Jimmy did in the off season...he turned off cable and the internet and did nothing but watch film and work on his game...thats what developed him
Surely if Thibs had his way, Jimmy would still be riding the bench with McBuckets!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I think its both. Jimmy obviously had to be in the right mind frame, but Thibs was still key in his development.

Thibs was forced to play Jimmy in Jimmy's rookie year mainly due to injuries. That's correct. But as you see, Thibs isn't big on rookies to begin with. In year 2, Jimmy was given more of a role and played off the bench until thrust into the start lineup in the playoffs. He was then slated to be starting SG the next season.

Doug was given opportunity this season, but was essentially red-shirted after his injury.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I think its both. Jimmy obviously had to be in the right mind frame, but Thibs was still key in his development.

Thibs was forced to play Jimmy in Jimmy's rookie year mainly due to injuries. That's correct. But as you see, Thibs isn't big on rookies to begin with. In year 2, Jimmy was given more of a role and played off the bench until thrust into the start lineup in the playoffs. He was then slated to be starting SG the next season.

Doug was given opportunity this season, but was essentially red-shirted after his injury.

that wasn't in his rookie year it was in his 2nd year

i still remember it vividly Deng pulled his hammy against Boston then Jimmy came in and made a difference...i even made a thread saying we finally got a backup for Deng and was pleading for thibs to play him when Deng came back

that was back when he would seemingly come out of nowhere for steals and offensive rebounds lol...he doesn't do those as much anymore but he def has made allot of progress on his overall game

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
heres the thread i made

i was wrong about Jimmy never being better than Deng and Deng retiring a Bull...looking back im kinda taken back on how high i was on Deng then...he must have been playing really well at the time or something

im sure you can find me defending and singing the praise for thibs at one point too...but we wont discuss that :shifty:

Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose for Chris Paul? + or - on which side?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
So this guy has no proof, no quotes and no idea what he is talking about. Just making up some bullshit to stir up a headline.