As a Trubs supporter, I think the writing is on the wall..

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I predict they both get plenty of playing time and both will show what they have always shown....they both suck. And then we draft another QB in rd 1 next year.

We'll probably draft another QB in the first next year regardless how anyone plays.

IMO, It would take a minor miracle for Trubisky to be back next year. Foles would have to get injured, and Mitch would have to play like he never has before in 5 or 6 games.

My guess now is that Foles will be mentoring a rookie next year while Mitch is playing in Carolina or Miami or some shit.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Does anybody see an issue:

Foles starts
He plays like, Nic Foles, and is either injured or quickly replaceable by mid season
Enter trubisky

Is that a shot in the arm or does dread longer over the rest of the season

Now

Flip it around and mitch starts and Foles replaces him....

Is it dread or a sense of energy and optimism
great points here....

cutty4ever

Liked Posts:
I thought trump supporters were like unicorns. Do they actually exist? Do people actually think that spending daddy's money gives you an insight on how ethics, morality, and good business works? How "spending other people's money" is a sad halfwit lie that your owners made you repeat until you blindly handed YOUR money over to them? Every day (even during a pandemic where the Cheeto is on full display killing Americans) I read something I thought was a fairytale...

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anybody see an issue:

Foles starts
He plays like, Nic Foles, and is either injured or quickly replaceable by mid season
Enter trubisky

Is that a shot in the arm or does dread longer over the rest of the season

Now

Flip it around and mitch starts and Foles replaces him....

Is it dread or a sense of energy and optimism

Kinda hard to draw much from your examples, although I see a point in there. Still too much unknown & to be debated & disagreed upon.

Whether option A or B it all depends what you mean by:

"Plays like Foles" / "Plays like Mitch" (they've both been up & down - many see Mitch as further down)

Energy stepping in depends on how the day 1 starter played since Day 1 - which expectations remain highly debatable for both.

Neither will do shit with bottom 3 run game and bottom 3 pass pro. That's where most all my concern is.

Either Foles / Mitch can pull off a Flacco/Orton season at worst assuming issues (OL/TE/Nagy playcalling) are reasonably improved. At best, either could do pretty well if issues are fixed good n well!

I think we can agree Foles is more proven and has higher floor.

Some think Mitch has higher ceiling IF he could ever put it together a'la Alex Smith, which is asking a lot. Most fans find that hard to believe possible for Mitch unless it were to actually happen, which is fair.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought trump supporters were like unicorns. Do they actually exist? Do people actually think that spending daddy's money gives you an insight on how ethics, morality, and good business works? How "spending other people's money" is a sad halfwit lie that your owners made you repeat until you blindly handed YOUR money over to them? Every day (even during a pandemic where the Cheeto is on full display killing Americans) I read something I thought was a fairytale...
Oh they exist. They are the ones dying rn from drinking aquarium cleaner to treat their Chinavirushoaxes.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Do you honestly think Rodgers was going to have competition? Lol...please.

My response was more about the attitude of I am top dog and there is no chance you are taking my starting job...

Does Mitch have that trait?.. didn't think so

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I originally thought they wanted competition, but when I thought about it that didn't make sense.

They took on a large contract and gave away a draft pick. The writing is on the wall.

The good thing is that Nagy no longer has excuses. It's put up or shut up time for his offense.
Contract has become a nonissue. The competition is real and I hope Foles wins. I think it will do more for Mitch's future to sit and learn than if he starts. Kid needs to relax, learn the finer points and lose the weight off his shoulders. If he comes in mid season or later and plays well, it's a fresh start for him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My response was more about the attitude of I am top dog and there is no chance you are taking my starting job...

Does Mitch have that trait?.. didn't think so
That's something earned. If he said that now, you'd be laughing your ass off. There is not one thing Mitch could do this off season besides quit that would appease you and you'd give him a ton of shit for that too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We'll probably draft another QB in the first next year regardless how anyone plays.

IMO, It would take a minor miracle for Trubisky to be back next year. Foles would have to get injured, and Mitch would have to play like he never has before in 5 or 6 games.

My guess now is that Foles will be mentoring a rookie next year while Mitch is playing in Carolina or Miami or some shit.
I suspect that's the plan with fingers crossed for a Mitch resurgence, err surgence. ?‍♂️

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears ruined Trubisky. They haven't used him to suit his strengths. Its known Mitch is much better throwing off the run, in bootleg, and out of the pocket. It was known Mitch is better in play-action pass. It was known last season that the offenses' best chance to have running success was in the I-Formation, yet the Bears gravitated away from it as fast as they could. I feel Nagy has overrided the offense to what best suits him (calling elaborate passing plays) than what works best for Mitch. Also, the offensive line was dreadful last year.

At the same time, I don't think Mitch has read defenses well pre-snap and has allowed himself to scan the fields for his options.

But still, I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch finds success elsewhere. He has talent, just seems a tad off.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Foles trade completely changes the narrative on Trubisky.

Mitch was drafted number two with Pace trading up to get him, so he had the pressure of a huge media spotlight when he was thrown in as a starter, with very little time to learn the system, and to a team that had a poor O line and few decent weapons - so there was a massive level of expectation on Trubisky
Mahomes then starts, explodes on the scene, and every move Mitch makes is then compared to Mahomes - again, a massive level of expectation on Trubisky

Then...

Foles is traded. Everyone reckons he's here to replace Mitch - No expectation on Mitch anymore, he's a bust, people will now only compare him to Foles not Mahomes, not Watson and even the draft position fades out of the conversation. If Mitch can succeed over Foles, he will successfully write a new narrative, one which is both far more fair and far more achievable.

I've never bought the Mitch is a bust narrative. I've always felt the pressure put on him because of the draft position and then Mahomes, and being given a poor offence to manage would have crushed most prospects.

Will be very interesting to see him with a lot of the pressure removed.

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
I can't believe how much is overlooked in the difference of overall personnel between the Bears and Chiefs. Chiefs are all in on offense and have a passably decent defense. Bears have this alleged world beater defense and Trubisky with mostly scrubs on offense. it's apples and oranges. the comparison honestly can't be made between the quarterbacks. people keep talking about how the Bears are in a win now situation, no, the Chiefs are in a win now situation. that's why they merely got fluked last year against the Patriots and were probably destined to own the Rams and won a Super Bowl this year, and probably I predict will win 5 more, probably in a row.

tempering expectations is one thing, you people need to prioritize what shit really means first though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the Bears ruined Trubisky. They haven't used him to suit his strengths. Its known Mitch is much better throwing off the run, in bootleg, and out of the pocket. It was known Mitch is better in play-action pass. It was known last season that the offenses' best chance to have running success was in the I-Formation, yet the Bears gravitated away from it as fast as they could. I feel Nagy has overrided the offense to what best suits him (calling elaborate passing plays) than what works best for Mitch. Also, the offensive line was dreadful last year.

At the same time, I don't think Mitch has read defenses well pre-snap and has allowed himself to scan the fields for his options.

But still, I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch finds success elsewhere. He has talent, just seems a tad off.
Mitch has now wrecked both shoulders and the only one that stopped him from rolling out is Trubs. What may have contributed to Mitch's fail is starting him too early and that was on Fox trying to rescue his gig. Trubs needs to relax and watch a pro handle the job.

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky would need to be bad preseason in order to not be the week one starter.

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:

Can't wait until Obama is sentenced to death via Military Tribunal then you'll be thankful we have Trump.

Wait til news breaks of the real operation going on----no not Corona virus---rescuing children has been going on for about a week now, worldwide, then you will be thankful we have Trump

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Why are there so many posts saying “Mitch is a competitor”?.... Everything about his past suggests he’d LOVE to be the next Chase Daniel.

Bust

Liked Posts:

League scouts caught up to him. Mitch struggles vs zone defense

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't wait until Obama is sentenced to death via Military Tribunal then you'll be thankful we have Trump.

Wait til news breaks of the real operation going on----no not Corona virus---rescuing children has been going on for about a week now, worldwide, then you will be thankful we have Trump
Fa Q anon

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
My wild guess is Nagy is going to open up this offense by using Mitch as a runner and passer. Nagy now has some security behind Mitch that if he gets hurt running around he has a replacement that a lot better than Daniel.