Barkley says the Bulls are the stupidest organization in the league

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
As the Chicago Bulls remain silent amid reports that at least two teams plan to ask their permission to interview coach Tom Thibodeau, Charles Barkley has some advice for what he calls "the stupidest organization in the NBA."

"Every year the idiots in Chicago, either they don't want to pay Thibs or his name comes up for other jobs. I wish the Bulls were smart enough to say 'We've got one of the best coaches in the NBA and he's not going anywhere,' " Barkley said Wednesday on the "Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN Chicago 1000. "I don't understand why they don't appreciate Thibs there."

:obama:

this thibs stuff is starting to get bad again....like i said in another thread we dont need this dark cloud over our heads this offseason

i know they have spoke on the thibs stuff in the past....but its time to have a damn state of the union to dead this for once and for all

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I could care less what Charles Barkley says. He's funny as a commentor, but what makes him any better than a fan on this subject. First the Spurs/Churro thing, now this. Maybe he should take it back a notch.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I could care less what Charles Barkley says. He's funny as a commentor, but what makes him any better than a fan on this subject. First the Spurs/Churro thing, now this. Maybe he should take it back a notch.

yeah but maybe possible FA's do....hes a mainstream voice him saying this doesnt do us any favors

the Bulls need to address this and not to some local radio that nobody outside of Chicago is gonna hear....get it out to legit media and let the everybody know thibs isnt going anywhere and the relationship is fine

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
the Bulls need to address this already....not to some local radio that nobody outside of Chicago is gonna hear....get it out to legit media and let the world know thibs isnt going anywhere and the relationship is fine

Agreed, put out a statement, kill this rumor.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I agree with Charles. :shrug:

But only in principal. None of us know the depth of the situation. For all we know, teams make an inquiry, and the front office relays that to Tom, tells him it's up to him if he wants to talk with the interested party. Tom might say, out of respect and due diligence, he'll listen to what they have to say. And there is nothing more to it. Leaving the story part to be blown out of proportion because guys like Nick Freidell need something to make their writer quotas.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have the Bulls even granted permission for any teams to even speak to Thibs?

As of now there isn't any that I know of. I don't think there is anything wrong with the Bulls keeping their options open- especially if they get #7 for him.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Trade Thibs to the Cavs for the first overall pick..

:pray:

Never will happen, but I can hope :fist:

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade Thibs to the Cavs for the first overall pick..

:pray:

Never will happen, but I can hope :fist:

Did you take all of our rep and put it on your bar? If so, nicely done.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Have the Bulls even granted permission for any teams to even speak to Thibs?

As of now there isn't any that I know of. I don't think there is anything wrong with the Bulls keeping their options open- especially if they get #7 for him.

i honestly think thibs is more valuable than anybody at #7

at 7 you got Doug McDermott.....ehhhhh

i need Wiggins/Bari/Embiid/Exum/Vonleh

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'd love Doug McDermott. But only if we kept Thibs. LOL.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Somehow I can only see McDermott being as good as Tyler Hansbrough...at best. He's skilled though...he could carve out a niche for himself. Not worth being taken at 7 imo though.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
McDermott is more skilled offensively than Hansblow....i def think he'll be a solid role player if all hes does is just catch and shoot....but hes got a little more in his arsenal than just shooting

but i agree hes a reach at 7 but im confident he'll be better than hansbrough who is nothing but a hustle/energy guy

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Usually the way this kind of stuff works is that if the job is a pretty big promotion, then the organization will generally give a guy permission to interview
for the job. this happens all of the time in the NFL for example. If they don't give a guy permission then your guy gets pissed and rightly so in my eyes.
If the Griz are offering Thibs a team presidency, then how do they hold him back?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
McD is not going #7.....my God people...he's more likely to be there at #16 really.

I'd so pass on McD at #19, but I think the Bulls like him as he's their type of guy. On that note, fuck our front office.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
McD is not going #7.....my God people...he's more likely to be there at #16 really.

I'd so pass on McD at #19, but I think the Bulls like him as he's their type of guy. On that note, fuck our front office.

i was joking about McDermott at 7 but you're looking at Randle/Smart/Harris/Hood....none of them i think are game changers...probably will end up just being solid role players

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
i was joking about McDermott at 7 but you're looking at Randle/Smart/Harris/Hood....none of them i think are game changers...probably will end up just being solid role players

I think Randle projects a lot better than a role player, but I don't disagree too much- so no big deal.

However, I think guys like Stauskus and LaVine will have a lot of buzz at 7. Big and long Guards who can shoot...something we haven't been able to bring to Chicago since...well.......ever?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't see the benefit for either team, quite honestly.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Somehow I can only see McDermott being as good as Tyler Hansbrough...at best. He's skilled though...he could carve out a niche for himself. Not worth being taken at 7 imo though.

Wut?