Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
just got mines today, so if anybody ordered one be ready to receive it. I'm going to see if i can order another because it has a legit 100 patch on it and it's shrink-wrapped. I'm definitely not opening it until i get another...i can smell the best history of football oozing up outta it.

ETA; they definitely could of used a smaller box to ship it out, no wonder shipping was a little jacked.

Last edited:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
How much, may I ask, did you pay for this?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My wife usually has problems finding me Christmas or birthday gifts that I don't already have, so I'm keeping this as a candidate until then. Looking forward to getting mine though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably can get it to you in time for Fathers day.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at thinking $110 is a large amount of money. Are you unemployed?

No. $110 is a large amount of money for two shitty picture books though especially when you could probably go down to a thrift store and get two for $1-2 or so.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow @Rob219_CBMB paid $55 for a picture book and is dumping another $55 for one that he will keep in the packaging and not even use. Amazing.

I guess that would be the equivalent to you buying running shoes.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
No. $110 is a large amount of money for two shitty picture books though especially when you could probably go down to a thrift store and get two for $1-2 or so.

Yeah, usually when special hardcover books comes out, I immediately head down to the thrift store and ask them "Hey, do you have this book in stock? It just came out last week. I'm only looking to spend $1-2."

No wonder Borders went out of business, amirite?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

You seem upset.

Did the other kids pick on you for showing up at recess with your poverty picture books?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
You seem upset.

Did the other kids pick on you for showing up at recess with your poverty picture books?

I imagine his childhood had his parents telling him "These Scholastic books are just way too expensive. Here is a quarter...head down to Goodwill and get yourself some Encyclopedia Britannicas."

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is a quarter...head down to Goodwill and get yourself some Encyclopedia Britannicas."

I went to high school in the 80s...the last decade to rely on things like encyclopedias for research papers and what not.

I tried to go to the library one night to work on one of those papers, but I am told there would be no need. There is a whole collection of Encyclopedia Britannica boxed up in the other room I just need to dig them out.

No lie...1931 edition that belonged to my grandfather. Penicillin did not even make it in yet and there was an uncomfortable amount of the phrase "American negro".

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I went to high school in the 80s...the last decade to rely on things like encyclopedias for research papers and what not.

I tried to go to the library one night to work on one of those papers, but I am told there would be no need. There is a whole collection of Encyclopedia Britannica boxed up in the other room I just need to dig them out.

No lie...1931 edition that belonged to my grandfather. Penicillin did not even make it in yet and there was an uncomfortable amount of the phrase "American negro".

My grade school had two encyclopedia sets...Britannica and New World. New World was the better version, but I remember teachers who would assign everyone the same subject...like write a report on Navajo Indians...and then send everyone to the school library to "research". If you weren't one of the two students who got the "M-N" encyclopedia volume, you just wasted an hour or two at the library. It gave me valuable experience regarding "workplace inefficiency".

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

"Will Hitler return Germany to glory?"

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
"This Neville Chamberlain chap seems to be a great Prime Minister."

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amazes me that even such an innocuous subject could cause such consternation on this MB. There are so many other things in life to get upset about.

With that being said, I am in Texas and this is my sole outlet to other Bears fans, and for the most part there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here whose opinions I respect. Being a Bears fan in the midst of Cowboys fans (and some Texans, but mostly Cowboys) made for some awkward situations when I attended the Bears vs Bills game in Buffalo last year and I was excited to see other Bears fans and they thought I was weird for having some stranger talking to them about the team out of the blue lol. Have to remember that most people from Chicago take it for granted that there will be other Bear fans nearby to discuss football with.

As for the forum, I just wish some could get to their corn flakes before they get pee'd in.

Reactions: DC

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This has a taken a turn for the hilarious....

CRM you still retain the title of "Poster Who Tries Too Hard...."

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I find being out of town is actually more acwa
Amazes me that even such an innocuous subject could cause such consternation on this MB. There are so many other things in life to get upset about.

With that being said, I am in Texas and this is my sole outlet to other Bears fans, and for the most part there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here whose opinions I respect. Being a Bears fan in the midst of Cowboys fans (and some Texans, but mostly Cowboys) made for some awkward situations when I attended the Bears vs Bills game in Buffalo last year and I was excited to see other Bears fans and they thought I was weird for having some stranger talking to them about the team out of the blue lol. Have to remember that most people from Chicago take it for granted that there will be other Bear fans nearby to discuss football with.

As for the forum, I just wish some could get to their corn flakes before they get pee'd in.
I find that it is easier to talk to other out of town Bears fans, than it is to talk to fans in Illinois, when I go home to visit Mom.