Bears Better or Worse in 2019

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Better but with a worse record. Not as healthy and not as lucky with the big defensive plays. If Mitch improves to around a 100 QB rating and the running games improves, they have a chance at a Superbowl

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Better but with a worse record. Not as healthy and not as lucky with the big defensive plays. If Mitch improves to around a 100 QB rating and the running games improves, they have a chance at a Superbowl
Do you mean passer rating? And he was already at like a 95 so it’s not that huge of a jump to be honest

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do you mean passer rating? And he was already at like a 95 so it’s not that huge of a jump to be honest

No it's not but a more consistent rating that doesn't rely on outliers like the game vs TB

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No it's not but a more consistent rating that doesn't rely on outliers like the game vs TB
I would like to see him a tad higher than 100 at about the 105 mark which is where QBs like Rivers and Deshaun were last season.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never heard anyone compare Trubisky to Newton before, and I hope I never do again.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
By the way, the guy in that video is annoying af.
I thought it was a little meh at first, but he grew on me as the segment went on. Looks like @HeHateMe and @DC agree with you though. Thought it was kinda funny, not Drew Magary funny, but entertaining enough for the offseason. To each their own...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Better team, worse record.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
11-5, but a better team overall. Defense takes a very small step back, but offensive progression more than makes up for it. The slightly worse record is a product of a harder schedule. Wins division and at least one playoff game.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought it was a little meh at first, but he grew on me as the segment went on. Looks like @HeHateMe and @DC agree with you though. Thought it was kinda funny, not Drew Magary funny, but entertaining enough for the offseason. To each their own...

He started making silly noises and I wasn't down with it. His content was fine, he just needs to type it next time.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mobility. I can see it.
I just hope Trubisky ultimately is not comparable to a guy who is very talented but highly inconsistent and who, whether because of injury or some other reason, ultimately couldn't get his team over the top. A few short years ago the Panthers were contenders and now they're hardly in the conversation - that's the comparison I hope not to be seeing.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
I don't make predictions and neither should you all.
I do, 11-5. Schedule is a lot tougher this year but I see the offense much improved and the defense will still dominate with more sacks but less takeaways

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'll go with better. I think the offense holds up it's end this year.
Is that record wise or overall team wise. With our schedule we could in fact lose 2more games but actually be a better team. I know it sounds crazy

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Is that record wise or overall team wise. With our schedule we could in fact lose 2more games but actually be a better team. I know it sounds crazy
Not that crazy, the 88 niners were 10-6 and destroyed the bears in Chicago in the NFC championship game and won the super bowl

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Meh, your predictions suck.
Eh we will see, im
Not going to be predicting any individual games but I think 11-5 is a good prediction and it will be within 1 game on either side of that. I’m pretty good at predicting a
Record whether it be a home stand or road trip for the cubs or a season record for the bears

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh we will see, im
Not going to be predicting any individual games but I think 11-5 is a good prediction and it will be within 1 game on either side of that. I’m pretty good at predicting a
Record whether it be a home stand or road trip for the cubs or a season record for the bears
Your, a game either side of 11-5 is really going out on a limb.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Less wins, but better seems about right. But then again, teams everyone is going nuts for like the Cowboys and Rams, don't really impress me, and the Eagles won't have Foles to bail them out anymore...I mean, Wentz looked great his first few games a few years back, but rather average and injured since.
Even the Saints can only go as far as Brees, and he started to look like old man Manning at the end of the Season.

I think the Bears have been blah for so long, a lot of people kind of assume last season was a fluke, but I think we all have to consider that they really might be as good as advertised, and now going into a season where the team in in year 2 of this thing, they might even be better than we all think or want to believe.