Bears calling Bengals for #1 pick??????

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
God I hate the offseason- XFL is entertaining. Fake news.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Burrow is a one year wonder. Reminds me of Trubs. He may have started for 2 years but really his first year was meh and of course had one of the greatest QB seasons in college history but only one year.

Do we really want to gamble it all again for a QB without sustained success? Is this season the new normal for him or just an outlier?

Not a fan of one year wonders with limited college starts under their belt.
THIS. Exactly THIS. I don't know why people want to give up the future for another 1 year wonder. Before the injury, people were debating if Tua was the best QB in the class. Now that he's injured, Burrow is all of a sudden a generational type QB?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
THIS. Exactly THIS. I don't know why people want to give up the future for another 1 year wonder. Before the injury, people were debating if Tua was the best QB in the class. Now that he's injured, Burrow is all of a sudden a generational type QB?
Tua started as the clear cut #1 QB, but then Burrow just had an incredible season leading his team to a NC.

Nobody should be comparing the "one year wonder' (if you can even call it that lmao) of Trubisky to the one year wonder of Burrow. Trubisky went 8-5 (IIRC) in the ACC and Burrow led his team to a NC and will arguably go down as one of the best college teams ever.

Mark this post, Burrow is going to be an incredible NFL QB barring major injury. The Bears should be very thankful that he will be in the AFC (assuming the Bengals draft him). That means Mahomes, Watson, Jackson and Burrow are all in the AFC.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tua started as the clear cut #1 QB, but then Burrow just had an incredible season leading his team to a NC.

Nobody should be comparing the "one year wonder' (if you can even call it that lmao) of Trubisky to the one year wonder of Burrow. Trubisky went 8-5 (IIRC) in the ACC and Burrow led his team to a NC and will arguably go down as one of the best college teams every.

Burrow also had far better weapons than Trubs. Jefferson is likely 1st round WR this year and Chase likely 1st round WR next year. Burrows a better prospect but same question I had with Trubs. How much of his great year is repeatable and how much of it was just being in a once in a lifetime zone for a finite period of time.

I prefer guys who had great seasons where teams then had tape and spent all offseason gameplanning against them and they had to respond. No team was killing themselves gameplanning for Burrow prior to this season like they would have Tua or Sunshine.

Guys like Sunshine, Tua, Watson, Mahomes had great years and then had to go out there and do it again with a target on their back. Again not saying Burrow isnt real but just more risk involved IMO.

Last edited:

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have nothing of value to offer but I’m glad they’re doing due diligence.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Burrow also had far better weapons than Trubs. Jefferson is likely 1st round WR this year and Chase likely 1st round WR next year. Burrows a better prospect but same question I had with Trubs. How much of his great year is repeatable and how much of it was just being in a once in a lifetime zone for a finite period of time.

I prefer guys who had great seasons where teams then had tape and spent all offseason gameplanning against them and they had to respond. No team was killing themselves gameplanning for Burrow prior to this season like they would have Tua or Sunshine.

Guys like Sunshine, Tua, Watson, Mahomes had great years and then had to go out there and do it again with a target on their back. Again not saying Burrow isnt real but just more risk involved IMO.
It's a fair take but Burrow showed everything you want to see in a QB this season. He is about as good of a prospect as you are gonna get at QB.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wasnt a one year wonder. He progressed and worked his tail off with a pro style coach. He probably had the greatest year in college football history. Dont be a meatball.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's a fair take but Burrow showed everything you want to see in a QB this season. He is about as good of a prospect as you are gonna get at QB.

Yes she did. Doesnt mean he can replicate it consistently. Trubs showed precision, accuracy and an ability to hit guys in stride his one year. Then it all fell apart for him.

That is the danger of one year. A better prospect does it for 2 years not just one.

He wasnt a one year wonder. He progressed and worked his tail off with a pro style coach. He probably had the greatest year in college football history. Dont be a meatball.

Not really a progression. He took a Quantum Leap. This year bore no resemblance to the guy he was last year. Dude didnt even have 60% completion last year and then shot up 20% to 76%. Went from 16 TDs to 60.

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love all the conjecture and not the film or facts. Big Dick Joe riding into the NFL like a Champion.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure it is factual his completion % was almost 20% lower last year and he threw 44 less TDs.

He had one remarkable year. It is perfectly fine if you chose to believe that is more reflective of his true self. It is perfectly fine if others question a one year wonder. Truth will be decided in NFL.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
2(43)
2(50)
1(2021)
2(2021)
1(2022)
2(2022)

I am pretty sure this is what it would cost.
Maybe they can toss in a young player to offset some of the cost.
Mack, Mitchell, and both our 2nd rounds

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure it is factual his completion % was almost 20% lower last year and he threw 44 less TDs.

He had one remarkable year. It is perfectly fine if you chose to believe that is more reflective of his true self. It is perfectly fine if others question a one year wonder. Truth will be decided in NFL.

If you were the Bengals GM, you would still draft him and you know it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2(43)
2(50)
1(2021)
2(2021)
1(2022)
2(2022)

I am pretty sure this is what it would cost.
Maybe they can toss in a young player to offset some of the cost.
Yup. I suspect that if the Bear are calling, it's a 'what if' for the 1st pick in 2. That said, Burrow might be worth it. He's the best QB prospect since Luck. Please understand what prospect means before you come at me with Mahomes.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you were the Bengals GM, you would still draft him and you know it.

The premise of the thread is Bears trading to get him. That would require a massive investment in picks and/or players so no I would not do it.

If I were the Bengals, I would probably trade the pick for a massive haul or draft Chase Young. I trust Tua more than I do Burrow but Tua has huge injury concerns.

Really though I would curse my luck that Sunshine wasnt eligible as he is by the far the safer pick for me given his track record.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson was not impressive until he got to Wisconsin. His passer rating was some 45pts higher that season